Not paying wages contributed to relegation

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

Stop making excuses for them,have you had a look at what people on min wage,furloughed on 80% of their pay for a year have had to deal with,you think they dont have  mortgages,cars on finance,nursery fee's hire purchase,etc etc??....Or those made redundant almost 3 million? How many millionaires have been running out on that pitch wearing our colors?

Look, we just ain’t gonna agree here. Which is fine by the way. Opinions are like arseholes arent they?

Now if we were talking about player wages in general I dare say we’d be on a similar page to be honest

I am just of the opinion that not paying players on time, or at least doing them the courtesy of telling them if that is to be the case, will have a detrimental effect on performances. Especially if it keeps happening. As fans, that can be hard to wrap your head around, because I am sure you, as I, would love to play for Wednesday, for free, because were fans. 

Anyways, Wawaw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

also gave an example where specific footballers were being looked at in relation to 'loans' presumably from the Ltd Companys set up for their football wages,and income

————————-/

but players don’t get paid their wages through limited companies.

it’s paid through paye

Not getting it are you?....what if said i will pay you 5000 a Year for playing football through the payroll,and 750,000 through your limited company for cleaning my windows....any simpler? 

6 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

We've been rubbish since Christmas 2019.

YES! the side was past it physically and lost it's only out ball 'fletcher'.

once the m/f and defence sees there's no respite, it's curtains.

then we allowed 'our only out ball' to leave, let nuhiu go too, and didn't fetch a C/F in...

it's staggering that we were still in with a chance with last kicks of the season.

IF what is being reported is correct then relegation will be favourite next term too.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thinking exactly the same thing. He won't get anywhere near the price he wants..

The statement after relegation was just standard PR. I can’t imagine it having a bearing on him selling

If the man has any logic, and I mean any, then selling the club should be a matter of extreme urgency. Not just for us, but for himself 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thinking exactly the same thing. He won't get anywhere near the price he wants..

just thinking with any players we have that are worth incoming T/F money, do you think the money will go into player recruitment? or towards covering losses for the owner?

Guest Hornsby
41 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not getting it are you?  its how the 'cake' is cut....thats what HMRC is looking at....heres another ref  https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-21/record-number-of-footballers-under-investigation-by-hmrc-over-tax-avoidance  if you as an example take a very small % of your overall income as wages  on PAYE from the Club,but another larger chunk of money legitimatly paid for things like image rights,you can than take a tax free directors loan from your company,which in theory, you should pay back but in practice,rarely is..up to this point,perfectly legal,but now as you can see being argued by HMRC amongst other areas,they want image rights changing to 'employee' payments,nd thus presumably falling under PAYE

Again this is a general football area,i claim no knowledge of individual SWFC players finances.or if any of this applys to them.

You can only do that if you have a positive image.

Who in reality would pay our lot for a losers image?

36 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Look, we just ain’t gonna agree here. Which is fine by the way. Opinions are like arseholes arent they?

Now if we were talking about player wages in general I dare say we’d be on a similar page to be honest

I am just of the opinion that not paying players on time, or at least doing them the courtesy of telling them if that is to be the case, will have a detrimental effect on performances. Especially if it keeps happening. As fans, that can be hard to wrap your head around, because I am sure you, as I, would love to play for Wednesday, for free, because were fans. 

Anyways, Wawaw

Your right of course,we are here debating,agreeing,disagreeing,because we care...  if only  we had seen more of that on the pitch from the millionaires   WAWAW...  people are buried in their colours FFS,have it in their obituary,on headstones,...we live and breath,bleed blue and white.....

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The statement after relegation was just standard PR

If the man has any logic, and I mean any, then selling the club should be a matter of extreme urgency. Not just for us, but for himself 

will he possibly try and sell the club and keep the ground?

the romans used to flood the colosseum and hold replicas of seaborn battles in it, maybe after heavy rain he could do the same with hillsborough.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

You can only do that if you have a positive image.

Who in reality would pay our lot for a losers image?

Looking at football finances mate,and the average Championship wage you could say that across the board.

Guest Grandad
35 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not getting it are you?....what if said i will pay you 5000 a Year for playing football through the payroll,and 750,000 through your limited company for cleaning my windows....any simpler? 

Ahh

You mean commit tax fraud.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Ahh

You mean commit tax fraud.

The worst part about it.....NO!!!!!    well in some cases maybe,the tax man now has the ability to look back at various schemes thought legal at the time,and demand back payments,sometimes with hefty penaltys

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Maybe it did,but the Q i have argued is should it have?? There are other comparisons in our sport where it didnt,and heres one from snooker

Last nights telly, ,snooker legends highlighted the than World Champion Alex (Hurricane) Higgins & Jimmy White contracted to a UK wide tour,whilst at their peak.Promoter ran off with the money which had already been paid......

Both players continued the tour because they didnt want to let the fans down,receiving no prize money or wages at all.and paying out of their own pocket to continue the tour.

Tour was discontinued at a later stage for other unknown reasons....80s standards,both Professional players & one a World Champion at the time,prepared to put the fans FIRST despite being****ed over...

All about honour...and doing whats right,at the right time,for the right reasons....in my view....

honour that shirt you kiss the badge of.

• Love 1

Guest Grandad

What’s the current state of play?

HMRC recognise that image rights contracts, if properly structured are legitimate ways to structure payments to players in return for endorsing particular products and services. Clubs continue to understand that their star players are marketable assets off the field too. Given the popularity of Premier League and matches being broadcast to almost every country in the world, sponsors and commercial partners are keen to engage with high profile clubs.

HMRC have offered a deal to all Premier League clubs, which contains two “caps”. The club cap (Stage 1 Cap) states that clubs can make maximum total image rights payments to all image rights companies of 15% of commercial income. If commercial income is £80m therefore, the maximum payments to image rights companies are £12m. The player cap (Stage 2 Cap) is 20% of the total salary payments made to a player in the tax year. Clubs need to write to HMRC if they want to take up the image rights offer.

The questions HMRC will continue to ask may include the total percentage of the player’s overall package that is paid to the player’s image rights company and how the club is using those rights accordingly. The days of over 20% of a player’s total package being provided by way of image rights payments by clubs to players is long gone in all but exceptional circumstances.

Can we cut the crap on this now?

Edited by Grandad

it’s paid through paye

Not getting it are you?....what if said i will pay you 5000 a Year for playing football through the payroll,and 750,000 through your limited company for cleaning my windows....any simpler?
——————————————

but that’s is not happening.

you can clearly see in the accounts, that’s the players are getting all their wages paid through paye.

it’s black and white 

Guest Grandad

SWFC Commercial income - £6.1m

Maximum amount of image rights payments possible - £915,000.00

SWFC Wages in last accounts - £36m

% of Image rights payable legally - 2.5%

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, parajack said:

The worst part about it.....NO!!!!!    well in some cases maybe,the tax man now has the ability to look back at various schemes thought legal at the time,and demand back payments,sometimes with hefty penaltys

Let s hope not using clubs Accountants for tax advice.

Cant imagine Chansiri could organise this though , way too complex. He cant manage 1block payment once a month.

Also, deals on Whatsap with players and evidence trail too transparent.