Here is how to commit football suicide

Guest wilyfox

It certainly undermines any survival effort. Chansiri has a lot to answer for. Still disappointed in the players though. I’d rather they refuse to play citing lack of payment than turn in lacklustre performances. Once they pull on the shirt & take to the field, they should be committed.

Edited by wilyfox

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Let’s ban this rubbish now. Because posters like this obviously have no clue of the context and long term effects this has on our football club 

FFS. Ban a point of view. That’s the spirit. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

No I wouldn’t. Is that a fact that they weren’t paid last month either? (I genuinely don’t know). 
However, if I was a player for a major football club, where the hopes of thousands of supporters rested on my commitment for 90 odd minutes once or twice a week, then too right I would put a shift in and do my best for those supporters. We’re talking about millionaire footballers here in the main ffs. 

DC deserves his own level of vitriol from the supporters and I doubt we will see him at Hillsborough again. But nobody can convince me that it’s right for the players to lay down arms and allow the club to be relegated, when its in their hands to prevent it. At the end of the day, the supporters suffer, not them. 

Mate it's a JOB.

You turn up for your contracted hours.

Do you thing as agreed.

Then get paid.

It's that simple.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It certainly undermines any survival effort. Chansiri has a lot to answer for. Still disappointed in the players though. I’d rather they refuse to play citing lack of payment than turn in lacklustre performances. Once they pull on the shirt & take to the field, they should be committed.

That’s all I was saying too Wily. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It’s not as black and white as that though. They clearly tried yesterday and didn’t go out to lose. But that extra 5%, that extra bit of fight and that will to win in the sub-conscious all diminishes when you’re not being paid properly. 

On the eve of the biggest game of the season. Just imagine your wages which your employer is legally obliged to pay on a set day of the month doesn’t arrive in your bank account. I’d be pissed off, demoralised, annoyed - a whole bunch of negative emotions which don’t put you in the right frame of mind for such an important game.

Miracle we got a point.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest wilyfox
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not as black and white as that though. They clearly tried yesterday and didn’t go out to lose. But that extra 5%, that extra bit of fight and that will to win in the sub-conscious all diminishes when you’re not being paid properly. 

On the eve of the biggest game of the season. Just imagine your wages which you’r employer is legally entitled to pay on a set day of the month don’t arrive in your bank account. I’d be pissed off, demoralised, annoyed - a whole bunch of negative emotions which don’t put you in the right frame of mind for such an important game.

Miracle we got a point.

opinions will differ on this. My take is what I posted top of this page. If the players feel they’re affected, they should rule themselves out. I would understand that. PFA would back them as well. No-one wins with half-arsed performances. It reflects badly on the club and the players themselves. Can’t take money matters onto the pitch.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

opinions will differ on this. My take is what I posted top of this page. If the players feel they’re affected, they should rule themselves out. I would understand that. PFA would back them as well. No-one wins with half-arsed performances. It reflects badly on the club and the players themselves. Can’t take money matters onto the pitch.

So how would you have reacted if they refused to play and we automatically got relegated for not fulfilling a fixture?

You’d have called them half arsed all the same.

Players can’t win.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So how would you have reacted if they refused to play and we automatically got relegated for not fulfilling a fixture?

You’d have called them half arsed all the same.

Players can’t win.

Not me personally, no. I said I would understand. This has happened repeatedly and we’ve seen performances dip when it does. So clearly some of the players are affected and will know that themselves. I can’t agree with lack of effort on the pitch. Should always be pride for the badge on our shirt.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Not me personally, no. I said I would understand. This has happened repeatedly and we’ve seen performances dip when it does. So clearly some of the players are affected and will know that themselves. I can’t agree with lack of effort on the pitch. Should always be pride for the badge on our shirt.

Pride for the badge is such an outdated view on a footballers mentality. They have no affiliation to the club, except the fact that the club pay their wages.

And guess what we’re not doing? That’s right, paying their wages! It’s a job to them and their contract isn’t being honoured. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pride for the badge is such an outdated view on a footballers mentality. They have no affiliation to the club, except the fact that the club pay their wages.

And guess what we’re not doing? That’s right, paying their wages! It’s a job to them and their contract isn’t being honoured. 

Exactly.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Then deal with breach of contract in the right way, not on the pitch. I’m not defending Chansiri here, before anyone accuses me of that guff. The players choose how they respond to lack of payment. There are proper channels for doing that. 

24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wholeheartedly agree. It’s professional pride. I’ve mentioned this on another thread. I’ve no problem with Westwood, Palmer, hutch, joey, Baz and windass yesterday. The others were well off it. Reach did better after the break but that first half performance was a disgrace. 

23 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Does anyone know why he pays the wages late then in full later on ? What does he gain from this ? 

You've obviously never had to ask your parents for money then.

What's happens is you tell them your skint. They ask how and why and when they find out it's cos you pi££3d all your money away on rubbish that you didn't need they tell you to go f00k yourself. 

You keep begging and begging and even crying and eventually after a few weeks they agree to give you what you need cos they are sick of the sight of you and can't hear it anymore. 

That's exactly what's happened here at swfc 

Guest wilyfox
16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You’ve also depicted the players as mercenaries, by the way..