Why the hate for ELEV8?

Elev8.......the “Emperors new clothes” of sports brands.

My favourite items were the “cash eating wallet”and the almost mythical “suit of incompetence” of which DC owns the only versions.......rumour has it he paid £300m for them!!!

• Haha 1

Because it looks and sounds like the sort of branding made famous by the very worst contestants on The Apprentice. Zero credibility. Tacky. If a group of local fourteen year-olds had designed it as part of a school project maybe I'd turn a blind eye but seriously, 'professionals'? It's embarrassing.

Because there's no street cred with Elev8.

The youth want to wear a name that's acceptably 'sick' amongst their peers.

Until Elev8 is being constantly endorsed by the top sports stars, any kid wearing it is going to get laughed at by his Adidas wearing mates.

Sad but true.

If Elev8 was cheaper, they'd still get laughed at for wearing cheap shiz.

Also sad but true.

7 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Because there's no street cred with Elev8.

The youth want to wear a name that's acceptably 'sick' amongst their peers.

Until Elev8 is being constantly endorsed by the top sports stars, any kid wearing it is going to get laughed at by his Adidas wearing mates.

Sad but true.

If Elev8 was cheaper, they'd still get laughed at for wearing cheap shiz.

Also sad but true.

Sad but true

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I've commented many times on this subject. Always with the same thing. 

The Elev8 stuff is actually very good and I've found the quality excellent APART from the kids kits which are dreadful. 

They don't have a proper stitched on badge like the adult shirts. It's a print and it looks awful like the shirts my dad used to buy me from the local market for a tenner. 

But away from the quality i suppose its the organisation which is dreadful although very reflective of the overall running of the club I suppose. Shirts are always late for fans to buy and with the last kit I bought for my son they didn't have the socks so I only ever received the shirt and shorts. I did get told I could pick the socks up months later but as I live in Leicester I was hardly going to drive to Hillsborough for a pair of socks 

Edited by poite

21 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Personally, I think the ELEV8 kits are good quality (much better materials and feel than other recent manufacturers like Sondico and Puma) and have been good designs. Other items like jackets and hoodies are comfortable also. Yes, the prices are expensive, but they are competitive with most EFL clubs and nearly exclusively every Championship club. Is the hate just because it is something linked to Chansiri, because Blades have an Adidas contract or is there another reason?

My sons Elev8 kits have gone ball-ey. My Sondico kits have gone ball-ey. My really old Puma kit is still spot on. Says it all. A proper good sports make use better materials.