Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes the recruitment by Monk was terrible.Probably one of our worst summers in years. 
“let’s see how he does with his own young and hungry squad” though.

If it was Monk who did recruit the players and they are that terrible then why did the chairman and his advisor sign them off?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Emilianenko said:

The posters defending Monk are the same posters who at the start of the season were saying “let’s judge him on his own younger hungrier team”.

Why are you trying to get all personal/nasty again?

Just debate the topic

If your argument holds water then it will stand on it's own two feet without you having to be divisive and try to divide and conquer

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are you trying to get all personal/nasty again?

Just debate the topic

If your argument holds water then it will stand on it's own two feet without you having to be divisive and try to divide and conquer

Not being nasty. It’s just that the excuses came out after Monk failed again. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it was Monk who did recruit the players and they are that terrible then why did the chairman and his advisor sign them off?

Are you saying Monk was not being truthful when he spoke of his personal involvement in tracking Da Cruz? 

In terms of Monk's ability or lack of, as a manager, I guess we will have to wait and see how he fairs at his next Championship club then, or even a decent L1 outfit which is where his true level may be. All been a bit quiet on that front so far, with quite a few vacancies having been filled since he left us. No charisma, dubious tactical awareness and motivational skills. Regardless of what happens to us, I’m glad he’s no longer our manager. 

11 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

In terms of Monk's ability or lack of, as a manager, I guess we will have to wait and see how he fairs at his next Championship club then, or even a decent L1 outfit which is where his true level may be. All been a bit quiet on that front so far, with quite a few vacancies having been filled since he left us. No charisma, dubious tactical awareness and motivational skills. Regardless of what happens to us, I’m glad he’s no longer our manager. 

I'm a Wednesday fan me
couldn't care less how he does or doesn't do

We're about 4 managers on since he left

Before he was here - managers didn't succeed
When he was here - he didn't succeed
Since he left - no manager has succeeded

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop