Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I am . Monk was poor , he’s been poor at every club he’s managed and lost his bottle.

It doesn't matter 
If he was amazing,if he was worse than he was,it all doesn't matter

This club isn't set up to succeed

That's been proven over the last 6 years

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't matter 
If he was amazing,if he was worse than he was,it all doesn't matter

This club isn't set up to succeed

That's been proven over the last 6 years

So because of that we are not allowed to criticise Monk?

Guest wilyfox

Blaming Chansiri for all is equally as ridiculous as defending the mistakes he has made.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's the one who's responsible for the success of the club

There are many that play a part in that and must carry responsibility. There is so much that he is accountable for. Others are too. As calamitous a leader he’s been here, he didn’t chuck a 2-0 lead at Luton on a Saturday afternoon. Managers have underachieved with squads we’ve had, and I’ve seen these players switch off and down tools too many times to exonerate them. Some have survived half a dozen managers here, and that undermines authority.

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

As calamitous a leader he’s been here, he didn’t chuck a 2-0 lead at Luton on a Saturday afternoon 

He employed the manager and the players and then managed the players contracts, didn't pay them on time, allowed players to walk away from the club etc

He's responsible - wholly and totally - for the running of the club

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He employed the manager and the players and then managed the players contracts, didn't pay them on time, allowed players to walk away from the club etc

Who would have thought that? In a pandemic when he’s got no revenue. Can tell you it’s happening everywhere yet it’s only here it gets published and used against him. 

Nothing about how he looked after majority of our non playing staff in the real world when bigger clubs like Arsenal made them redundant. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Ultimately the Chairman is the only one who is responsible for the success of the club.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Those posts are so dumb. You’re better than that.

5 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Who would have thought that? In a pandemic when he’s got no revenue. Can tell you it’s happening everywhere yet it’s only here it gets published and used against him. 

Nothing about how he looked after majority of our non playing staff in the real world when bigger clubs like Arsenal made them redundant. 

We're getting relegated

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I am . Monk was poor , he’s been poor at every club he’s managed and lost his bottle.

So you are missing the point. He could be absolutely horrendous or he could be an absolute genius. Until we sort it out off the field we are destined to struggle and lurch from disaster to disaster. As has been proven over the past 4 years.

How many people in football have to come out and criticise the way the club is being ran before we stop blaming the manager and look at the chairman the way he does things?

Guardiola would struggle here.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Talk me through how I'm wrong and that the chairman isn't the one ultimately responsible for the running of the football club

Talk me through how the chairman chucked a 2-0 lead at Luton.

It’s never that simple. Like I said t’other day, you have a Chansiri fixation that overrides all else affecting performances on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It’s never that simple. Like I said t’other day, you have a Chansiri fixation that overrides all else affecting performances on the pitch.

I'd be really interested in knowing what you think the Prime Minister of this country is responsible for then
Sounds like he's got a free pass from you to do whatever he wants to and yet remain completely absolved of any responsibility

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Because the players are absolutely crap. Those players signed on the chairman’s watch. Signed by his recruitment team. Signed with the budget he made available.

Simple as that. Like any organisation in the world - the man at the top usually takes the blame for failures. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Like I said t’other day, you have a Garry Monk fixation that overrides all else affecting performances on the pitch.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Because the players are absolutely crap. Those players signed on the chairman’s watch. Signed by his recruitment team. Signed with the budget he made available.

Simple as that. Like any organisation in the world - the man at the top usually takes the blame for failures. 

By his logic if the chairman isn’t responsible for the club getting relegated then it can’t be Garry Monks responsibility either

lol

Thats just applying his own logic to the situation 

Nobody has responsibility for anything below their rank apparently 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop