Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Relegation was never an issue before Chansiri arrived 

yes it was. We had to scrap it out under Dave Jones. Steve Howard was a sign of where we were at. Stuart Gray had to over-achieve with limited resources to keep us clear of danger. We were very much a club aiming to survive first and foremost.

37 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

yes it was. We had to scrap it out under Dave Jones. Steve Howard was a sign of where we were at. Stuart Gray had to over-achieve with limited resources to keep us clear of danger. We were very much a club aiming to survive first and foremost.

In the 3 seasons before Chansiri arrived we finished:

18th
16th
13th

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

But we are now closer to relegation than we were in the three years prior to DC arriving.

We’re in a far worse position now than when we were when he arrived.

That’s just a fact.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But we are now closer to relegation than we were in the three years prior to DC arriving.

We’re in a far worse position now than when we were when he arrived.

That’s just a fact.

18th
16th
13th

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

18th
16th
13th

Nor was promotion. I really don’t get this bipolar viewpoint that you have to be on one side chansiri or monk? Chansiri has made a balls of it, nobody left is arguing that. But monk was a bad choice, he was a crap manager for us, as he was at his other clubs. Everywhere he managed they were glad to see the back of him, but certain posters on here still defend him to the hilt. I just don’t get it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Nor was promotion. I really don’t get this bipolar viewpoint that you have to be on one side chansiri or monk? Chansiri has made a balls of it, nobody left is arguing that. But monk was a bad choice, he was a crap manager for us, as he was at his other clubs. Everywhere he managed they were glad to see the back of him, but certain posters on here still defend him to the hilt. I just don’t get it.

It’s because people can’t read. They think because you say Monk is poo, that you’re also saying he’s to blame for everything. The two don’t go hand in hand. 

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Nobody's defending Monk to the hilt - they're just pointing out facts, and making the point that no manager has succeeded under this chairman

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop