Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Quick - put it on the honours board

Give us something to look at after we've been relegated

Still won’t alter the fact that Monk turned us from promotion contenders to relegation fodder.

Nice try though with the diversion tactics 

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Monk took us from a top half team to relegation fodder. 

More context to it tho isn’t there.

Our plummet down the table coincided with Fletcher getting injured and Chansiri deciding not to pay the players on time.

I’m by no means a big Monk fan but since Carlos got sacked, not one manager has succeeded at Wednesday. Perhaps the issue is greater than the man in the dugout? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's only one person at the club who's been responsible for (and has been here throughout all of) that mate

And it ain't Garry Monk (who left aaaaaaages ago)

So when Monk got the job we were top half and he left us in the relegation zone.

And you say he gets no blame whatsoever.

Okay .

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

In the 3 seasons before Chansiri arrived we finished:

18th
16th
13th

Relegation was never an issue before Chansiri arrived 

I was at Millwall away in April 2013 when we conceded in the opening 10 minutes...The threat of relegation was an issue! It’s an issue for the bottom 10 clubs in each division that target 40 or 50pts to stay up every year. That included us in our first 3yrs back in the champ.

Your usage of stats or facts as you quote them is very selective. I saw you use Monk’s points-per-game average earlier. 12pts from 11 games = 1.09ppg. Had he stayed for the remaining 35 games, that would put us on 44pts which would not keep us up.

What about the fact our offensive problems were getting worse under Monk, not better? We scored 1 goal in his last 5 games - and that was a penalty.

You held Pulis fully responsible for results, performances, and style of play during his tenure; yet absolve Monk completely. It’s a double-standard. He had a hand in recruitment. Pulis didn’t. Truth is both were poor.

Just now, wilyfox said:

I was at Millwall away in April 2013 when we conceded in the opening 10 minutes...The threat of relegation was an issue! It’s an issue for the bottom 10 clubs in each division that target 40 or 50pts to stay up every year. That included us in our first 3yrs back in the champ.

Your usage of stats or facts as you quote them is very selective. I saw you use Monk’s points-per-game average earlier. 12pts from 11 games = 1.09ppg. Had he stayed for the remaining 35 games, that would put us on 44pts which would not keep us up.

What about the fact our offensive problems were getting worse under Monk, not better? We scored 1 goal in his last 5 games - and that was a penalty.

You held Pulis fully responsible for results, performances, and style of play during his tenure; yet absolve Monk completely. It’s a double-standard. He had a hand in recruitment. Pulis didn’t. Truth is both were poor.

Remind me how we’ve got on since Monk was sacked? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

More context to it tho isn’t there.

Our plummet down the table coincided with Fletcher getting injured and Chansiri deciding not to pay the players on time.

I’m by no means a big Monk fan but since Carlos got sacked, not one manager has succeeded at Wednesday. Perhaps the issue is greater than the man in the dugout? 

The issue is definitely greater. But Monk was a huge part of our demise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

That there is a massive truth bomb some won’t be able to handle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's only one person at the club who's been responsible for (and has been here throughout all of) that mate

And it ain't Garry Monk (who left aaaaaaages ago)

Four years is ages ago not four months.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Remind me how we’ve got on since Monk was sacked? 

equally shít. We’ve still only averaged 1pt per game.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

The issue is definitely greater. But Monk was a huge part of our demise.

We’ve been on one big demise since we lost to Huddersfield on penalties mate.

It’s been mismanagement of a football club which has led to transfer embargo’s, points deductions, letting players run down contracts, reduced investment and shopping in the bargain basement on crap players. The manager has just been the fall guy.

Always amazes me how people think Bruce left purely because Newcastle came knocking. The bloke saw we were a basket case and got out at the first opportunity. Pulis, another well respected man in the English game, left after 10 games. Luhukay ended up swearing at Andy Giddings and Monk looked like a completely broken man by the time he was sacked.

Whoever is in charge is on a hiding to nothing due to the way the club operates.

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Monk was averaging more than that

this season; Monk = 1.09ppg

Since then 26pts from 26games

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s been mismanagement of a football club which has led to transfer embargo’s, points deductions, letting players run down contracts, reduced investment and shopping in the bargain basement on crap players. The manager has just been the fall guy.

Always amazes me how people think Bruce left purely because Newcastle came knocking. The bloke saw we were a basket case and got out at the first opportunity. Pulis, another well respected man in the English game, left after 10 games. Luhukay ended up swearing at Andy Giddings and Monk looked like a completely broken man by the time he was sacked.

Whoever is in charge is on a hiding to nothing due to the way the club operates.

Not to forget Carlos ended up scrunching up a 20 quid note and banging it on the table in frustration. 

Are all these managers useless or, just maybe, they’re in a very difficult job? 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Okay then , Monk did a fabulous job.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nail. On. Head.