Tonight's Championship Games

The mind boggling thing about this league is that if we win out game in hand we are actually out of the bottom three! How can’t that happen? We are absolutely rubbish but I guess so many other teams are equally rubbish that being only slightly less rubbish gets you out of trouble. 
All in all a good set of results tonight apart from QPR. 
👍

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I just hope they've still got Karanka in charge. 

Yes I know what you mean , you know what we are like for ending teams' bad runs though. Would love to know the record for teams who get rid of their manager and what the result is the very next game. Is it a myth or not ? 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

100% this. They will be a much tougher opponent on Saturday if he has gone imo. 

They will give him one last chance against us as it’s a ‘six pointer’ and after being humbled by the mighty Wednesday they will dispatch him into managerial oblivion!

Just now, CircleSeven said:

The mind boggling thing about this league is that if we win out game in hand we are actually out of the bottom three! How can’t that happen? We are absolutely rubbish but I guess so many other teams are equally rubbish that being only slightly less rubbish gets you out of trouble. 
All in all a good set of results tonight apart from QPR. 
👍

You are correct , it actually is very hard to get relegated from the championship even if you're absolute dogger like us. Just shows that extra 6 pts would be us relatively comfortable.

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Good news Coventry losing. Seeing Brum and Coventry losing makes me even more annoyed about last night shambles of a performance. 

I'm with you WO,I was thinking this is not good last night,but hang in for a point and we can go again against Brum.As it is looks like we've rode our luck and not too much damage has been done but we can't afford to keep hoping other s failing will do us favours..

Just now, s29wfc said:

Yes I know what you mean , you know what we are like for ending teams' bad runs though. Would love to know the record for teams who get rid of their manager and what the result is the very next game. Is it a myth or not ? 

It would be interesting to know, there's probably a bit of truth in it, guess it's like the "he was bound to score against his old club" thing (like last night sadly) we just don't remember the hundreds of times these things don't happen.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Pretty good set of results tonight. 

Yeah only really QPR gone against us but can't expect every game to go for you.

Light in tunnel is the run Birmingham are on and Coventry are starting.  Coventry have an exceptionally hard run of games and will be lucky to pick up any points this month.  We need to take Advantage and make most of the Birmingham and Luton games this month.

• Like 1