Well done JR

Just now, Holmowl said:

Just this season. 

The other players are our other options at striker, as that’s where they play for us.

No point doing that as you know,at least not in comparing JR effectiveness,on merit currently i believe he should start on the basis of his performances,he is causing problems and effective at the moment,when he gets the delivery

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

No point doing that as you know,at least not in comparing JR effectiveness,on merit currently i believe he should start on the basis of his performances,he is causing problems and effective at the moment,when he gets the delivery

Good. I agree with your second point.

And I don’t understand your first point, but that doesn’t matter.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Inevitable that in his last few months as a Wednesday player, he will find the form that made him our record signing in the first place 😐

How many do that though Jim,than lose that form immediately after re contracting? or become regulars on the treatment table & unavailable?

How many of our 'star's' regularly became allegedly unavailable every Xmas?.or allegedly 'injured'?  

Simply cant go down that path again.....

Guest LondonOwl313
33 minutes ago, parajack said:

Jos & Monk had plenty of success in their career,but if you say something enough times......and before you post a simple net search will give you the correct answer....

Tbh re Jos’ career I’m not too familiar but it was clear he was a disaster here. We can cut him some slack for the back end of 2017-18 because we had loads of injuries but his performance in 2018-19 wasn’t acceptable. The form we showed under Bruce once KW and SH were brought back in was good enough for top

6. I’d go as far as to say that had Bruce been in charge the whole season we’d have reached the play offs, so Jos cost us. Looking at his CV it looks like he had a couple of relegations and promotions to the Bundesliga but I’ve no idea what expectations were at the clubs he managed or whether this was a good job or not, and to be honest I’m not interested enough to research it heavily. As I said, his record here was poor and costly for us.

Monk has had zero success. He’s managed 5 good sized clubs and achieved absolutely nothing, and usually not managed more than about a year at any of them. I’ll be surprised if he manages again at this level.. he’s no different to any other ex pro really and there are plenty around his age who had far superior playing careers looking for

a chance at management. He’s a bit of a bullshitter and sells himself well but his decision making was awful as were his tactics.

I can’t trust the opinion of either of these managers. Particularly when it’s against two players I can see with my own eyes add value to the side and have been relatively dedicated to the club for over 5 years. I’ve always found it bizarre that some of our fans would side with either of these failing managers over our key players.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh re Jos’ career I’m not too familiar but it was clear he was a disaster here. We can cut him some slack for the back end of 2017-18 because we had loads of injuries but his performance in 2018-19 wasn’t acceptable. The form we showed under Bruce once KW and SH were brought back in was good enough for top

6. I’d go as far as to say that had Bruce been in charge the whole season we’d have reached the play offs, so Jos cost us. Looking at his CV it looks like he had a couple of relegations and promotions to the Bundesliga but I’ve no idea what expectations were at the clubs he managed or whether this was a good job or not, and to be honest I’m not interested enough to research it heavily. As I said, his record here was poor and costly for us.

Monk has had zero success. He’s managed 5 good sized clubs and achieved absolutely nothing, and usually not managed more than about a year at any of them. I’ll be surprised if he manages again at this level.. he’s no different to any other ex pro really and there are plenty around his age who had far superior playing careers looking for

a chance at management. He’s a bit of a bullshitter and sells himself well but his decision making was awful as were his tactics.

I can’t trust the opinion of either of these managers. Particularly when it’s against two players I can see with my own eyes add value to the side and have been relatively dedicated to the club for over 5 years. I’ve always found it bizarre that some of our fans would side with either of these failing managers over our key players.

Repeating the same thing doesnt make it so....!!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Monk  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay#:~:text=From Wikipedia%2C the free encyclopedia Jos Luhukay (born,last coached FC St. Pauli and former midfielder.   

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, parajack said:

I don’t get your point mate.. as I said with Jos I don’t know much about what he did elsewhere but he did a very poor job here. 

Monk’s CV has been dissected to death on here. He’s not achieved anything? There’s nothing contentious about this

My views on Rhodes have been well stated (although I have more of a problem with the hypocrites and special pleaders who judge him by standards different to others much of the time), so I often try and avoid such threads for the most part these days. Despite his recent goals, his time here overall has still been a dismal one and there can be no revisionism of that.

However, it's only fair to give the bloke a little credit where it's due. In the last few days he has contributed more to the team's fortunes than in many months at a time before. The goal at Bournemouth showed a great determination to get above the defender and deliver a header that gave the keeper little chance. Reactions to this demonstrate just how out of the ordinary this was in our shirt. And last night, although the finish was easy, it was preceded by an intelligent movement away from his marker to create the space. If he gives us better attacking options (and there's not much competition from Kachunga or Marriott for a start) then he deserves to play. That is how it always should be. But it's important he keeps up the work that does not grab headlines or excite those only concerned about the numbers.

Lost in all of this too is the welcome addition of a couple of excellent assists from Harris who has created far too little for long periods. After wearily trudging half-heartedly through the season, we're actually starting to make a fight of the sh*tshow left by the chairman and his accomplices.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Everyone got it wrong,or were doing things for personal reason.'s Carlos,Bullen,Jos,Bullen again,Bruce,Monk,TP........none gave him a starting shirt.....(regularly) or looked to utilise him.....

Again,re looking at your post....Does that sound credible???.....what you put?

I explained why Carlos didn’t play him.. because we had better options. If anything he played him too much as he felt the pressure to utilise him given the fee.

Bruce never managed him as he was out on loan when he was here. Not going to make a judgement on Bullen as he was only in charge a few games.

The other two managers aren’t credible and he’s not a Pulis type player.

His strengths are play two up and get the ball in the box and he’ll score plenty. He’s a waste of a shirt if you don’t play that way though.

Holmowl has provided his stats.. while he might have rightly been left out when he had Fletcher, Joao, Hooper and Forestieri to compete with, that’s not been the argument this season. He’s better than any of the other strikers we currently have in terms of being a goal threat

22 hours ago, Pieman said:

Played well. As Pearson said, he’s looked fit and strong over the last few weeks. Begs the question what’s he’s been doing for the last 3 years...

Exactly this. Credit to him for the last few performances, but where has that application been before? 

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

My views on Rhodes have been well stated (although I have more of a problem with the hypocrites and special pleaders who judge him by standards different to others much of the time), so I often try and avoid such threads for the most part these days. Despite his recent goals, his time here overall has still been a dismal one and there can be no revisionism of that.

However, it's only fair to give the bloke a little credit where it's due. In the last few days he has contributed more to the team's fortunes than in many months at a time before. The goal at Bournemouth showed a great determination to get above the defender and deliver a header that gave the keeper little chance. Reactions to this demonstrate just how out of the ordinary this was in our shirt. And last night, although the finish was easy, it was preceded by an intelligent movement away from his marker to create the space. If he gives us better attacking options (and there's not much competition from Kachunga or Marriott for a start) then he deserves to play. That is how it always should be. But it's important he keeps up the work that does not grab headlines or excite those only concerned about the numbers.

Lost in all of this too is the welcome addition of a couple of excellent assists from Harris who has created far too little for long periods. After wearily trudging half-heartedly through the season, we're actually starting to make a fight of the sh*tshow left by the chairman and his accomplices.

Perfectly put. 

I remember a pundit once saying that you can come up with any statement you want about anything in football, and you will be able to find a stat that backs it up. E.g. Messi is rubbish as statistically he gives the ball away than any other player. Ronaldo overall is a poor player - most of the games he plays in now you can count on your hands the touches he gets and if he doesn’t score, any journalist writing up the game afterwards will tell you he was the worst player on the pitch. I’m reminded of that when I see stats in here trying to say Rhodes has been good for us. As with all things, your best judgment is your eyes (the missed chances, not noticing them on the pitch, thinking they can’t run), not very out of context stats.

However, it does seem that the last few games we’ve seen Rhodes looking sharper and confident, and I really hope it continues.

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I explained why Carlos didn’t play him.. because we had better options. If anything he played him too much as he felt the pressure to utilise him given the fee.

Bruce never managed him as he was out on loan when he was here. Not going to make a judgement on Bullen as he was only in charge a few games.

The other two managers aren’t credible and he’s not a Pulis type player.

His strengths are play two up and get the ball in the box and he’ll score plenty. He’s a waste of a shirt if you don’t play that way though.

Holmowl has provided his stats.. while he might have rightly been left out when he had Fletcher, Joao, Hooper and Forestieri to compete with, that’s not been the argument this season. He’s better than any of the other strikers we currently have in terms of being a goal threat

Of the available options & over the last (3 or 4) match's i agree....for now

41 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Perfectly put. 

I remember a pundit once saying that you can come up with any statement you want about anything in football, and you will be able to find a stat that backs it up. E.g. Messi is rubbish as statistically he gives the ball away than any other player. Ronaldo overall is a poor player - most of the games he plays in now you can count on your hands the touches he gets and if he doesn’t score, any journalist writing up the game afterwards will tell you he was the worst player on the pitch. I’m reminded of that when I see stats in here trying to say Rhodes has been good for us. As with all things, your best judgment is your eyes (the missed chances, not noticing them on the pitch, thinking they can’t run), not very out of context stats.

However, it does seem that the last few games we’ve seen Rhodes looking sharper and confident, and I really hope it continues.

Give us a stat that shows that it works to play Windass, Kachunga or Marriott ahead of Rhodes.

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He's set the standard now he's got to maintain it.  Not expecting much against Swansea but home games and the 'easier' away games he needs to build on two very well taken goals.

Or, if he drops a bit, what standard have Windass, Kachunga and Marriott set, that makes them a better option?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’s been applied to the bench by Araldite. 

He has looked like he has arthritis for the majority of the time he has been here. Suddenly, he is competing and giving his all.

Edited by G-Reg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t get your point mate.. as I said with Jos I don’t know much about what he did elsewhere but he did a very poor job here. 

Monk’s CV has been dissected to death on here. He’s not achieved anything? There’s nothing contentious about this

?? Monk has achieved plenty in his career,if your going to say he has achieved nothing,theirs plenty to be contentions about....you want to object fine,say why but read the link first,ditto JL....Both by the way kept Wednesday in the Championship....when we could have been relegated...

Given what we know now both these managers & even TP time here ,should be viewed through a completely different template