Well done JR

31 minutes ago, kristmace said:

First goal at Hillsborough since October 2017.

A few more and I can see his goals keeping us up. 

Weird way of looking at it. He’s scored 9 away goals in that time.

Put him on the field and he’ll score. 

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy
29 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Well done to NT for getting Rhodes performing like this, something experienced Championship managers have failed to do

2 goals mate.

I’m happy for him but let’s not turn this into another thread where people say other managers ‘didn’t play him right’ and ruined him. 

2 goals. Hopefully the start of many but history hasn’t been erased.

Well done tonight Jordan.

Edited by T Hardy

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Wins us lots of fouls too, getting us up the pitch more often.

That's a good point.

Was thinking about this regarding strikers getting fouled.  

And first thing I think about is when we had Nuhiu playing up top and all the times he would get fouled but the refs always gave the opposition the decision and the ball.  

At least now when Rhodes gets fouled, we get the chance 9 times out of 10 to move up the pitch.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

2 goals mate.

I’m happy for him but let’s not turn this into another thread where people say other managers ‘didn’t play him right’ and ruined him. 

2 goals. Hopefully the start of many but history hasn’t been erased.

Well done tonight Jordan.

History?

He scores a goal every 180 mins. This season it’s a goal every 160.

But you choose to focus on that one season 3 years ago.

Why? Really odd. 

• Like 4

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

History?

He scores a goal every 180 mins. This season it’s a goal every 160.

But you choose to focus on that one season 3 years ago.

Why? Really odd. 

What? I’m referring to his entire history here, not one season. Quite ironic as you’ve decided he’s now great for us on the back of two games when I’m looking at his entire time here.

31 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Great to see him hitting some form. 

Funnily enough, if he keeps us up he will repay a huge chunk of that fee.

Spot on.

play him from the start 10 games in a row (without subbing him after 60 mins) and he gets 4 to 5 goals.

Strikers get confidence in numerous ways. Not getting picked or being continually subbed doesn’t do that.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Past caring,  cant wait to get off the wage bill.

Been a costly mistake. 

Has the mistake been the player, or how he has been played or managed?

I humbly suggest the latter.

I full expect pelters, but I still believe what I say to be true.

• Like 5

Guest T Hardy

Please don’t pretend it’s been a scandal all along that Rhodes has never been allowed to show us this. I trust the judgment of a number of managers who didn’t trust him. You look a bit silly if you think 2 goals means all those managers were wrong. 

I don’t wish to say anything further about Rhodes that could be deemed negative, I’m very happy for him tonight and I hope he continues scoring. 

Just now, T Hardy said:

Please don’t pretend it’s been a scandal all along that Rhodes has never been allowed to show us this. I trust the judgment of a number of managers who didn’t trust him. You look a bit silly if you think 2 goals means all those managers were wrong. 

I don’t wish to say anything further about Rhodes that could be deemed negative, I’m very happy for him tonight and I hope he continues scoring. 

The same managers who achieved whilst in charge at S6

Achieved what, exactly?

• Like 2

Just now, T Hardy said:

What? I’m referring to his entire history here, not one season. Quite ironic as you’ve decided he’s now great for us on the back of two games when I’m looking at his entire time here.

No, you are looking for negatives.

His history as a striker is superb. His recent history as a striker is superb (goal every 160 this season, goal every 200).

But keep harping back to 16/17 and 17/18 by all means.

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
17 minutes ago, Ronio said:

That's a good point.

Was thinking about this regarding strikers getting fouled.  

And first thing I think about is when we had Nuhiu playing up top and all the times he would get fouled but the refs always gave the opposition the decision and the ball.  

At least now when Rhodes gets fouled, we get the chance 9 times out of 10 to move up the pitch.  

Nuhiu was so big, the opposition player more often than not bumped off him and got the free kick. Rhodes is just the right size to attract a challenge, but is both smart enough And lightweight enough to bounce off the opposition and win the free kick.

4 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Spot on.

play him from the start 10 games in a row (without subbing him after 60 mins) and he gets 4 to 5 goals.

Strikers get confidence in numerous ways. Not getting picked or being continually subbed doesn’t do that.

I don’t think he’s shown much aggression or hunger to get onto things in the past and that’s cost him. But whilst he has the bit between his teeth and we are getting balls in the box him and Paterson will get goals

Encouraging recent performances but we shouldn’t get carried away. We were playing the weakest team in the Championship and, yes, he scored but there were still a couple of reminders about where his game is now ie a couple of times he failed to control the ball in a very good position.
The Rhodes of 5 years ago may well have scored an hat trick tonight but we must take him as he is now and let’s hope he keeps getting his chance and keeps scoring.

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No, you are looking for negatives.

His history as a striker is superb. His recent history as a striker is superb (goal every 160 this season, goal every 200).

But keep harping back to 16/17 and 17/18 by all means.

Oh yeah I forgot about all the goals and success he’s achieved for us since 2018.

It’s almost funny what happens to some of our fans after Rhodes scores a goal. I find out that we’ve had this hidden weapon for years that we haven’t used properly and can never work out why you’re right and all our managers were wrong.