Well done JR

Just now, T Hardy said:

Oh yeah I forgot about all the goals and success he’s achieved for us since 2018.

It’s almost funny what happens to some of our fans after Rhodes scores a goal. I find out that we’ve had this hidden weapon for years that we haven’t used properly and can never work out why you’re right and all our managers were wrong.

To be fair, most of our managers have been wrong in not using him, even more so considering they all got the sack.  

The one manager we did have who would have used him properly, Stuart Gray.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone got goals to minutes on pitch for us?

Rhodes - goal every 169

Paterson - goal every 299

Windass - goal every 516

Kachinga - none in 763

Marriott - none in 330

Explain his absence? Shocking.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Holmowl said:

Rhodes - goal every 169

Windass - goal every 516

Kachinga - none in 763

Marriott - none in 330

Jesus

Has to play - AS LONG as we play to the strengths - lob balls into the box all game long.

Absolutely no point in going to the Swansea game and lumping balls into him as a target man outside the area to do donkey work

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy
4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

The same managers who achieved whilst in charge at S6

Achieved what, exactly?

Great logic, every manager who hasn’t won promotion or a trophy in a position knows absolutely nothing about football players and coaching.

But Rhodes’ fans on Owlstalk who crawl out after 2 goals know more than all those managers do :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Oh yeah I forgot about all the goals and success he’s achieved for us since 2018.

It’s almost funny what happens to some of our fans after Rhodes scores a goal. I find out that we’ve had this hidden weapon for years that we haven’t used properly and can never work out why you’re right and all our managers were wrong.

I know it’s so odd.

Doesnt score from the stands. Scores from that green grassy thing.

Odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Weird way of looking at it. He’s scored 9 away goals in that time.

Put him on the field and he’ll score. 

As the only bona fide striker on the books,  and our awful scoring record, he should have been playing more eg at Millwall. After the hat trick at Forest,  GM should have give him a run in the team..he was dropped to the bench within the next or next but one match

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Jesus

Has to play - AS LONG as we play to the strengths - lob balls into the box all game long.

Absolutely no point in going to the Swansea game and lumping balls into him as a target man outside the area to do donkey work

Try this one..

His starts....

Cardiff - 2-0 when he got subbed

Watford 0-0 when subbed

Swansea 1-0 when subbed

Wycombe 2-0 when subbed

”Like playing with 10 men”

”Waste of a shirt”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I know it’s so odd.

Doesnt score from the stands. Scores from that green grassy thing.

Odd.

Yeah, really odd that all those managers never trusted him with a run in the team isn’t it, obviously you’re more qualified than all his managers are. 

Apply for the job now and make sure he gets the service, he’ll start banging them in

Just now, T Hardy said:

Yeah, really odd that all those managers never trusted him with a run in the team isn’t it, obviously you’re more qualified than all his managers are. 

Apply for the job now and make sure he gets the service, he’ll start banging them in

You are right.

Those managers that picked Da Cruz, Wickham, Marriott, Windass, Kachunga.....what do I know?

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes - goal every 169

Windass - goal every 516

Kachinga - none in 763

Marriott - none in 330

I realise I made Elias sound like a cash till.

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

You are right.

Those managers that picked Da Cruz, Wickham, Marriott, Windass, Kachunga.....what do I know?

A hell of a lot less than coaches and managers who work with players in training every day.

Guest T Hardy

I hope the next conversation on here about Rhodes is how he’s found very good form and playing really well over an extended period. 

His history as an Owl suggests we probably won’t see a run of goals from him, and those in this thread thinking they’re really clever with very out of context stats, (they are many many reasons why a player would only appear as a sub, comparing minutes off the bench to other strikers who start is so daft, I’m sorry it’s really not down to that you know more than a number of professional football managers, if it was just one or two of them, you could stretch an argument) will again be very quiet until the next time he scores 2 goals in quick succession which unfortunately will probably be in about 10 months time with a different manager. 

I’d love to be wrong though and get to read more of your nonsense sooner, as it will mean good things for us on the pitch :happy:

the lads helped get us another three points , who cares about the past lol it's the future we care about and him scoring is a big part of it ,the past is over ,done finito ended , Jordan is hitting the net again , yep small steps but steps in the right direction , a striker feeds off his goals and given the right service he will get them ,

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

the lads helped get us another three points , who cares about the past lol it's the future we care about and him scoring is a big part of it ,the past is over ,done finito ended , Jordan is hitting the net again , yep small steps but steps in the right direction , a striker feeds off his goals and given the right service he will get them ,

I totally agree mate and I wish I could only say positive things about the guy tonight, I just can’t be doing with this ha see I told you so he just needs the service every time we get an odd goal from him. It’s like saying climate change isn’t happening because temperatures don’t increase for a couple of months