Remember this goal?

33 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Why is this myth so persistent? I once went through most of a huge thread about him when his signing was being rumoured and plenty did not think it was a good idea at the time. Not only that, but there were multiple reasons for these reservations. And if some of those who were excited about it had realised the financial implications, I'm sure even fewer would have been in favour.

Maybe we would have realised but at the time we were still in the "Tuna millions" bubble believing we'd finally had the investment the fanbase had been asking for for decades

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Why is this myth so persistent? I once went through most of a huge thread about him when his signing was being rumoured and plenty did not think it was a good idea at the time. Not only that, but there were multiple reasons for these reservations. And if some of those who were excited about it had realised the financial implications, I'm sure even fewer would have been in favour.

I definitely said we should spend the money on wingers and a centre midfield enforcer.

Conversely, I was delighted with the Abdi signing.