That time the European Cup was stolen and turned up in Sheffield...

3 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Amazing story this one... tangentially involves our own Peter Springett, who by this point had become a copper...

👉 https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/2021/01/13/the-story-of-when-the-stolen-european-cup-turned-up-in-sheffield/

Stolen-European-Cup-Sheffield-Police-1.jpg

(Peter Springett on the left of the above photo, I believe)

Nice, thanks. Never knew Tom Cruise was a Police Sergeant though haha. 

Edited by Incognito Owl

5 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Amazing story this one... tangentially involves our own Peter Springett, who by this point had become a copper...

👉 https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/2021/01/13/the-story-of-when-the-stolen-european-cup-turned-up-in-sheffield/

Looks like Peter, bit short for a keeper though, and the head popping through on the right looks like Bobby Ball.

• Haha 1

I know a little of this story. Apparently someone got really drunk in Birmingham where Villa wee celebrating winning it. Thought it would be funny to walk off with the unattended trophy. Lost his nerve and gave himself up at West Bar. The night shift had a game of five side in the underground car park in their meal break, with the winners getting the European cup. There are five coppers in Sheffield who can tell their grandkids they were in the team that won the European cup....the other five? Nobody cares about losers😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

I know a little of this story. Apparently someone got really drunk in Birmingham where Villa wee celebrating winning it. Thought it would be funny to walk off with the unattended trophy. Lost his nerve and gave himself up at West Bar. The night shift had a game of five side in the underground car park in their meal break, with the winners getting the European cup. There are five coppers in Sheffield who can tell their grandkids they were in the team that won the European cup....the other five? Nobody cares about losers😀

Did you read the link in the OP? 😂 The full story is there.

On 14/01/2021 at 02:10, DeeJayOne said:

Short for a goalie