The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Can you give us some examples, then?

Which other Championship clubs have had transfer embargoes, points deductions, and had to sell their stadium in a short period of time, as we have?

Derby

31 minutes ago, d-man said:

Hindsight is an amazing thing!

and I agree selling players is a great way of balancing the books, but ultimately can again divide opinion in the fan base if not replaced by an adequate replacement, or holding on to them genuinely believing you will reach the premier league!

again hindsight is soooooooo valuable!!

its not hindsight at all, it was even flagged to the idiot DC many times about FFP and the need to sell players. Just dumb, ignorant and naive

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, d-man said:

I believe he has poo loads of money personally and the Jordan Rhodes signing was probably a drop in the ocean to his spending power!

FFP was brought in to stop these chairman trying to buy the league and make it more of an even playing field!

he has to make the club seem to be able to hold its own weight financially, which we know it hasn’t for a long time! 

Even multi multi millionaires, even billionaires don’t just spaff £8million as if it’s nothing. 
Ive worked for billionaire clients and they scrutinise everything, as much if not more than everyone else. 

I think it’s great that you’ve got your views and are sticking to your guns but in all honesty, I think you are really quite wrong with many of your assumptions about how things are run, why we are where we are, how bad things actually are and how to make things better. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Can you give us some examples, then?

Which other Championship clubs have had transfer embargoes, points deductions, and had to sell their stadium in a short period of time, as we have?

Did we HAVE to sell the stadium though? Has that left is in more of a pickle going forwards in terms of ownership and same of the club? Not having a pop, just curious to know.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I don't reckon there wil be anyone till the end of the window and it'll be couple of loans. 

Also think Chansiri will go for the cheap option and appoint Thompson till the end of the season.

There seems to be a money issue. 

Yes a money issue, that’s been on my mind also

Just now, El Toro said:

Did we HAVE to sell the stadium though? Has that left is in more of a pickle going forwards in terms of ownership and same of the club? Not having a pop, just curious to know.

I think it was a final desperate attempt to avoid a points deduction, wasn't it?

So I suppose Chansiri's actions up to that point meant we had to do something drastic. It's just a shame we couldn't even do that right, so ended up with the worst of both worlds.

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Even multi multi millionaires, even billionaires don’t just spaff £8million as if it’s nothing. 
Ive worked for billionaire clients and they scrutinise everything, as much if not more than everyone else. 

I think it’s great that you’ve got your views and are sticking to your guns but in all honesty, I think you are really quite wrong with many of your assumptions about how things are run, why we are where we are, how bad things actually are and how to make things better. 

Again opinions are opinions! 

and that’s what makes the world interesting that not everyone has the same one 

• Haha 1

First sign of DC getting it will be the appointment of a Director of Football on a salary rather than trusting advisors. That is the first step towards getting out of this mess.  A DoF will have a wide range of relevant experience and contacts in the game which DC needs.

The club needed root and branch overhaul when he came and he went for a quick fix, that didn't work so it's back to basics. Doing things properly takes time but will put the foundations in place to build the club for the next generation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think it was a final desperate attempt to avoid a points deduction, wasn't it?

So I suppose Chansiri's actions up to that point meant we had to do something drastic. It's just a shame we couldn't even do that right, so ended up with the worst of both worlds.

:Chansiri:

Despite having repeated nudges to get it in the right accounts 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, d-man said:

Again opinions are opinions! 

and that’s what makes the world interesting that not everyone has the same one 

Yep. And time will reveal who's view was right!

I am a positive kind of person and often have views on things that I hope end up being wrong! Unfortunately I’m normally right with my most negative opinions and most wrong when I’m optimistic!

48 minutes ago, prowl said:

First sign of DC getting it will be the appointment of a Director of Football on a salary rather than trusting advisors. That is the first step towards getting out of this mess.  A DoF will have a wide range of relevant experience and contacts in the game which DC needs.

The club needed root and branch overhaul when he came and he went for a quick fix, that didn't work so it's back to basics. Doing things properly takes time but will put the foundations in place to build the club for the next generation.

That is of course if the Director of football is allowed to make any decision. He brought the lass from Charlton in and within a few months she went from CEO to fan liaison officer after her last role where the fans wanted to not be very nice to her.lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep. And time will reveal who's view was right!

I am a positive kind of person and often have views on things that I hope end up being wrong! Unfortunately I’m normally right with my most negative opinions and most wrong when I’m optimistic!

Well I like a good debate, especially on something I’m so passionate about!

we will see who is right for sure, I think we all want what’s best for the club, I believe there are different ways of going about it and chansiri basing isn’t going to help anything 

7 minutes ago, d-man said:

Well I like a good debate, especially on something I’m so passionate about!

we will see who is right for sure, I think we all want what’s best for the club, I believe there are different ways of going about it and chansiri basing isn’t going to help anything 

We are fans and most are passionate about Wednesday. When things go wrong we complain vociferously, when they go right we don't. Sometimes we might even go so far as to be.... (wait for it) complimentary. OK that doesn't happen often but it does happen.

It is a thankless task being a football club owner, I wouldn't do it.  DC is very brave to do it. The best owners don't get much credit until long past the time they leave and then only if things go wrong in future when we all look back whistfully and remember the good times they gave us.

I don't think DC was ready for the football mentality in England and certainly not Sheffield. I doubt he'd every get that level of  irreverence  in Thailand.

If he would take advice and not try to do it all, it would be much better for him. Having a DoF to take most of the flack would give him more of a chance to bask in whatever glory may come our way.

• Like 5