Paul Cook - Get him in

McMigo clearly missed out on Maths lessons at school.

Well done Devonstrix for exposing McMigo's delusions:

"It was a 12 point deduction and it was only imposed about four weeks before the end of the season as far as I recall, so McMigo's criticism of Cook is ridiculous. Between them, Pulis and Monk have had far longer to overhaul our six points."

Just now, striker said:

I'm confused,  not sure what your point is? 

We have a points deduction 

we need to stay up 

why hire a manager who literally failed to do the exact thing we need to do, when last month we sacked a manager who literally succeeded in the exact thing we needed to do.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not even gonna think about it because no matter who you came up with it won't be that person

lol

Chansiri will pull some old gimmer out of retirement in South Korea or summat

Mr Mayagi it is then “it is ok to lose to an opponent “  will fit in well.

I am begiining to worry about McMigo's sanity

What did he not understand in Devonstrix's response:

"It was a 12 point deduction and it was only imposed about four weeks before the end of the season as far as I recall, so McMigo's criticism of Cook is ridiculous. Between them, Pulis and Monk have had far longer to overhaul our six points

Just now, mcmigo said:

We have a points deduction 

we need to stay up 

why hire a manager who literally failed to do the exact thing we need to do, when last month we sacked a manager who literally succeeded in the exact thing we needed to do.

My advocacy of Cook was based on more than clubs having a points deduction, although still do not understand your reasoning. What do you suggest Cook could have done to affect the points deduction at Wigan considering the point in the season it was imposed?

Who do you recommend then who has kept a team up following a points deduction, if that's your crucial recruitment criteria?

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

As long as it's someone who play nice football as the club implodes to oblivion ....that's the main thing...

Cook has always played good attacking football. 

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am begiining to worry about McMigo's sanity

What did he not understand in Devonstrix's response:

"It was a 12 point deduction and it was only imposed about four weeks before the end of the season as far as I recall, so McMigo's criticism of Cook is ridiculous. Between them, Pulis and Monk have had far longer to overhaul our six points

I am a simple man yes.

I see Paul cook was the manager of Wigan for the whole season. They got relegated. They got a points deduction. I feel for Paul cook I really do. I would love to do Karaoke with Paul cook, a medley of scouse specials like Cast and Sonia.  I like Paul cook. But the one thing Paul cook appears to be bad at is keeping teams with a points deduction in this league.

look, we go down to league 1 , bring Paul cook in .  He is good at promotions at northern teams . I can see that .

but let’s not pick him to do that one thing we need, when it’s that One thing he appears to be terrible at.

Just now, mcmigo said:

Sadly relegation football as well

No he didn't. His Wigan team acquired enough points to stay up, it was the administrative failings that got the club relegated. In your mind, Klopp would be a poor choice had Liverpool been given a 60 point penalty last season.

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Sadly relegation football as well

That’s not true. Promoted at three separate clubs and led Wigan to a mid table finish before a points deduction came in which he was unaware off. 

1 minute ago, MarkS43Owl said:

That’s not true. Promoted at three separate clubs and led Wigan to a mid table finish before a points deduction came in which he was unaware off. 

Would you be ok if Paul cook took over and we were relegated by 3 points ?

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Would you be ok if Paul cook took over and we were relegated by 3 points ?

Completely different scenario and you know it. He would have taken the job and failed to get the requisite number of points, knowing in advance about the deduction. At Wigan, he did a decent job and then, due to the financial and administrative failure of the new owner, had twelve points taken off. That’s bad luck on Cook's part, not failure.