Paul Cook - Get him in

It’s his chance to manage a big club. He knows the club well when he lived locally when managing Chesterfield. Did well at a basket case of a club Wigan last year and got everybody onside whilst the club was falling apart. 

Let’s get this appointment right and hopefully things on the field will begin to align whilst off the pitch the walls will be crumbling! 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No idea

We  dont know how  any manager on this planet would do working with Chansiri do we?

It's a whole new level of madness

I agree. 

However, I like the cut of his jib, let's be honest, bar one or two seasons nobody has had any success. 

• Like 1

If we're to stand any chance of getting through this season without relegation, we first and foremost need a good coach.

It doesn't matter whether he's a ‘yes’ man. In fact, it would be a considerable advantage all around if he is.

We just need to get through to the summer. So whatever old tat any money DC puts up for transfers this January just has to be accepted for what it is, but most importantly we need a coach that can work with that.

Who? I've no idea in all honesty. But putting names forward is a mug's game anyway considering it's DC who's making the decisions.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

But what’s the highest Paul Cook has finished in the championship??

If he can get this shower of shíte to fourth bottom whilst playing football that doesn't send us into a coma he'll do for me.

But I can't see any respectable manager joining at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

It’s his chance to manage a big club. He knows the club well when he lived locally when managing Chesterfield. Did well at a basket case of a club Wigan last year and got everybody onside whilst the club was falling apart. 

Let’s get this appointment right and hopefully things on the field will begin to align whilst off the pitch the walls will be crumbling! 

All things considered, at the moment we're making the Wigan of last year look well run in comparison 🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True

I just feel we're a bit like QPR were a few years back

Remember? 

When QPR went batshit crazy and allsorts went off?

I'll be honest I think we are on a new level of madness. 

Ie the madness has been left unchecked that long, it's gone nuclear. Factor in the Rona impact on top of that financially. 

Dear god. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How come The Cowley Brothers don't get pushed at us anymore by the same fans who push Paul Cook though?

I'd have either.

Cowleys are getting a bad rep because they didn't turn Huddersfield into Brazil 70 or Ajax 95 immediately, they got sacked for wanting more control over the transfers, which sounds like they wouldn't want to come here anyway with DC's record on transfers.

Udds fans I know weren't happy they got rid of them

Guest wilyfox

Don’t care who gets the gig. My first question will always be for Chansiri...is he gonna back whoever it is? Carlos is the only manager he’s backed with financial investment. 

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If he can get this shower of shíte to fourth bottom whilst playing football that doesn't send us into a coma he'll do for me.

But I can't see any respectable manager joining at this stage. 

It was a tongue in cheek response to Neil who didn’t want him first time round when Monk was sacked because he hadn’t finished above mid table 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I'd have either.

Cowleys are getting a bad rep because they didn't turn Huddersfield into Brazil 70 or Ajax 95 immediately, they got sacked for wanting more control over the transfers, which sounds like they wouldn't want to come here anyway with DC's record on transfers.

Udds fans I know weren't happy they got rid of them

Might be why they didn't take the gig before Monk, assuming they wanted full control and decided Huddersfield where a better option. 

30 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I think any manager considering taking the job should be asking for some very strong commitments from the owner.

I think any manager considering taking the job should be visiting a Psychiatrist at the earliest opportunity.