Paul Cook - Get him in

16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

But it did and they went down.

as I said, literally out of every single person alive today on earth, Paul cook is the most recent person to relegate a team from this league who had a points deduction .

Who would you realistically like to take over? 

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

McMigo clearly has a problem with Maths it seems.

Wigan would not have been relegated last season were it not for a 10 point Administration deduction by the EFL.

Cook did wonders with them last season especially when the supposed rumours about point deduction kicked in. After the lockdown they were on fire and even beat Hull 8-0.

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Wigan would not have been relegated last season were it not for a 10 point Administration deduction by the EFL.

We would be out of the relegation zone without a points deduction. 

but we have one that needs to be dealt with.

like Wigan had 

when Paul cook was manager and didn’t deal with it.

7 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Well what do you think ? 
Somebody has to take the reigns or shall we just leave it ? 

Duncan Ferguson if we have any money

assuming we can’t afford to hire a manager, which is my assumption given we can’t pay the players currently, then stick with the current coaches Thomson and Bullen. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How come The Cowley Brothers don't get pushed at us anymore by the same fans who push Paul Cook though?

You'd be able to find fault with anybody who's touted for the job. There is no perfect candidate and there's always an element of luck required in any managerial appointment. 

IMHO Cook is as good a bet as anyone who we could realistically attract. Knows the league (and league 1), worked at teams with limited budgets, had success and plays decent football. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It was a 12 point deduction and it was only imposed about four weeks before the end of the season as far as I recall, so McMigo's criticism of Cook is ridiculous. Between them, Pulis and Monk have had far longer to overhaul our six points deduction and have failed. I’d accept Cook in a heartbeat. Cook also had a charlatan of a chairman to deal with ………oh, that makes him even more of a shoe in for the Wednesday job! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think we should burn the names of any managers who always get touted for the job so they can never be touted ever againi

Completely ridiculous view point. Managers names get touted for a reason, because they are suitable and have prior success. The same reason the likes of Morais and Luhukay don't get touted. 

Cook achieved promotions with three consecutive clubs, a phenomenal achievement, one that mirrors a certain Chris Wilder and look how successful he has been. Cook has been paid up from these clubs to go elsewhere because the serial success he has had in football. I personally wanted him when both Monk and Pulis got the job and still believe he is the standout candidate, can spot a player, is a tough character and knows the leagues whilst having consistent success, why would he not get touted?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Biggs who clearly has contacts in the Paul Cook camp has indicated that he would take the SWFC job.

Cook plays an attacking brand of football, spots good young loanees, e.g Reece James at Chelsea and has won promotions at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan Athletic.

He has been a serial winner in football management.

Hi Paul

Cook got a team promoted from league 1 and kept them up despite their limited quality, bar a points deduction beyond his control. He's experienced in getting a performance out of the type of players we have, which should be an important consideration. 

At best, he's a mid table manager but right now I'd take that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Duncan Ferguson if we have any money

assuming we can’t afford to hire a manager, which is my assumption given we can’t pay the players currently, then stick with the current coaches Thomson and Bullen. 

So you think Duncan Ferguson would leave a cushty job at a club who are second in the PL and who he supports to come and manage us? 

I’ll have one of whatever you’ve got. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Cook got a team promoted from league 1 and kept them up despite their limited quality, bar a points deduction beyond his control. He's experienced in getting a performance out of the type of players we have, which should be an important consideration. 

At best, he's a mid table manager but right now I'd take that. 

Cook kept them up , weird as they are now in league 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

How could he control or affect the points deduction right at the end of the season?...without that they were comfortably mid table.

He couldn’t.

same as Garry monk, who incidentally is the most recent manager to do what Paul cook didn’t do - keep a team up with a points deduction .