Admin

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Just playing devils advocate here, but could it have just been a genuine clash of personalities? Pulis telling DC exactly how it is. There’s clearly something amiss financially, but why would DC have said that he was going to back Pulis in the market ?

He clearly wanted out..but didnt want to resign and lose his pay off...phone dc and tell him hrs a ******** or something along those lines..and bingo..he gets the sack

Guest Hornsby
27 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Need to check with the accountants on here, but looking at it from the outside the clubs basically trading insolvently and that's a huge issue. 

That stated in accounts for last couple of years.

As Chansiri's skint now , it's either player fire sales and relegation or administaration.

Maybe all three.

Fan buy out good or a Milan Mandy -like figure to pop up and purchase, including stadium.

Very, very worrying.

10 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Players not being paid in full.

Rumours of office staff also not being paid.

Pulis sacked just before the transfer market opens (he’d actively been touting for new players).

Not exactly hard evidence but, if the rumours are to be believed, we have serious cash flow issues. We can’t be far away from calling in the administrators?

The alarm bells started ringing when it became clear the club cannot afford to repay all the season ticket refunds, instead fobbing fans off saying they are working through the list. SIX months after I applied for my refund, I haven't received it. 

45 minutes ago, Steelman said:

My money is on Chansiri getting as much early bird ST revenue in for next season before he goes into administration. Nailed on. 

Most people who buy early bird bought one for this season. They are being rolled over I believe. Can’t see anymore being bought. 

Assume we go into admin. Someone with money interested. Buy club for maybe knockdown price, have to repay some debt. Consider ground. Rent Hillsborough or another ground. Build a new ground long term. Buy back Hillsborough. The final option probably the most cost effective. But given the sale got round ffp rules would the purchase be a problem with ffp. Any views ?

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, 1867etc said:

Assume we go into admin. Someone with money interested. Buy club for maybe knockdown price, have to repay some debt. Consider ground. Rent Hillsborough or another ground. Build a new ground long term. Buy back Hillsborough. The final option probably the most cost effective. But given the sale got round ffp rules would the purchase be a problem with ffp. Any views ?

We have a lease to rent Hillsborough for next 30 years at £3 million annual rent.

That's £90 million to Chansiri's company. Some debt.

Or Keepmoat.

5 minutes ago, 1867etc said:

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

We have a lease to rent Hillsborough for next 30 years at £3 million annual rent.

That's £90 million to Chansiri's company. Some debt.

Or Keepmoat.

Is there any flexibility with this, break clauses, etc. A new owner would presumably want to look at this, including the possibility of buying back the ground. 

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

few points of balance amongst the hysteria.

what would he achieve by admin?

if he wants out, just sell at a loss.

Doesnt make sense for me, for him to want us in admin.  He may have no choice if, say there’s a tax bill, he can’t pay? But that’s a different issue

Wouldn't we have to make a profit to run up a tax bill?

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Wouldn't we have to make a profit to run up a tax bill?

As a buyer would want a deal for the club and the ground together. Wonder how much the combined total might be.

Edited by 1867etc

2 minutes ago, 1867etc said:

As a buyer would want a deal for the club and the ground together. Wonder how much the combined total might be.

£25-£30M at a guess. The ground is worth more but the club is a money pit.