Next three games....

1 hour ago, trev said:

2 or 3 points max.

Players are downing tools and already looking for their next contract elsewhere.

We are done for.

If I was an SWFC player out of contract at the end of the season, I certainly wouldn’t be “downing tools” - I’d be regarding myself as being in the shop window and would not be giving any less than 100%, trying to get noticed by prospective clubs for next season.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, trev said:

2 or 3 points max.

Players are downing tools and already looking for their next contract elsewhere.

We are done for.

If that’s their next mobile phone contract, they might be ok.

If it’s a contract as a professional footballer, they may struggle.

40 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

If I was an SWFC player out of contract at the end of the season, I certainly wouldn’t be “downing tools” - I’d be regarding myself as being in the shop window and would not be giving any less than 100%, trying to get noticed by prospective clubs for next season.

If only pro footballers had that mindset mate.

I think we have seen plenty over the years who prove otherwise though.

Not saying all of them by the way...but just a drop of 5% commitment makes a huge difference.

I just get the sense that they really don't care all that much.

I don't think it's about downing tools consciously. It's about lacking confidence and a bit of inspiration. They're professional footballers with a basic level of ability. A different manager might get different things from them. Would Ron Atkinson or Bielsa for example have asked them to simply defend and play the percentages or would he have encouraged them to try something more progressive. It may have worked. It may not have. But Pulis isn't the only game in town, never has been, never will be.

Having said that it's only 6 games and he may get it "right". It's early doors. Not that I'm looking forward to it - funny that every club he lands at seems to have players where the system that suits them is about defending and conceding possession. He's no Pep that's for sure. 

58 minutes ago, brando said:

No manager could sort this..not Pulis to blame.shyte players,weak mentality..

.... but who still won more points before Pulis.

I think it's right to blame a manager who has a taken a group of players backwards, from his predecessor who was statistically one of the worst managers in our history.

On 08/12/2020 at 23:47, sherlyegg said:

Barnsley ain't a bad side though they do have off days.

Saturday won't be one of em.

Seen it all before the rot is set in now, will be very difficult to get out.

Only hope is there are or will be 4 teams as bad as us..and we scrape through.

Not up to now..

On 08/12/2020 at 22:03, WalthamOwl said:

Anything less than 7 points and we are done imo. 

Can't see that happening, we're currently 22nd in the form table, which we're not going to turn into automatic form (2 ppg) overnight, our next three opponents are 14th, 24th and 7th - best I can envisage is draw, win, lose so 4 puts, bit if the 'Huddersfield attitude' comes out, could be 0.