Do you have Sky Sports? Sky TV? Netflix? If so read this

Just now, daztheowl said:

Got Netflix and multiroom. Think she cancelled HD and Sky Sports when the bill crept up every month to £120 ,and I had a dickyfit, cos the account is in her name but comes out of my bank.

Still clueless as to why the bill kept creeping up a couple of quid a month though.

Yeah that can't be right - hope you can bag this offer as it's cracking

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Awesome stuff - nice one mate

Did you get anything you didn't already have like channels or UHD or multiroom too?

exact same package we have already

UHD

Sports

netflix

cinema

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Does all this extra only apply if you have skyq or does it all work on the old sky+ boxes? 

Not sure mate - I'd definitely recommend calling up and asking

Thing with this whole deal is that when you call up it's very clear that you can mix and match, add and take away stuff, and fit it to your personal situation so I'm guessing you'd get a top deal from it regardless

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, A12owl said:

Thanks. Currently paying £47 for what I want. Not sure if I need the other stuff. Don't spend too much time in front of the TV 

Most is spent on Owlstalk  🥰

ha ha good man

Give em a bell - tell them what you've got and what you pay - ask them if there's anything better they can do for you

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Does all this extra only apply if you have skyq or does it all work on the old sky+ boxes? 

Get yourself switched to sky Q mate. Loads better box, can record upto 6 different channels at same time. Also any call out from sky is free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Again - this isn't an affiliate link 

I'm not earning anything at all by helping folk out with this 

It's not even a link it's a phone number

When I phoned up the lady on the phone asked me if I'd got the number off Owlstalk, when I asked why she said its so they can make sure Neil gets his commission! 

Please note. The above is a lie, I haven't even phoned up... yet 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

When I phoned up the lady on the phone asked me if I'd got the number off Owlstalk, when I asked why she said its so they can make sure Neil gets his commission! 

Please note. The above is a lie, I haven't even phoned up... yet 

I'm 100% certain that Sky wouldn't be paying any affiliates to get people to ring up to max out their services and half their bills

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Thanks for that. 

My life doesn't revolve around TV. Life's too short. There is rarely more than 1 program I ever want to watch at the same time. If you record 6 programmes of 1 hour each, when do you find time to watch them. 

I am retired and currently totally "locked in". Even then I hardly watch TV during the day. I have other things to occupy me. I have never understood the obsession with TV and all the options 

I'm sure there are many thousands of people who NEED TV for company. I don't deny it. But it's not for me. I've got sky sports and entertainment + HD and multiroom and sky go. If I miss something then there is always bbc iplayer or the itv equivalent. 

I prefer some of the older series I missed. 

Recently been watching Ashes to Ashes from 2008-2012.

The delectable Keeley Hawes stars and is a brilliant view of the 1980s. Very funny. 

I'm genuinely shocked - I would have guessed you were about 19/20 years old!

You're right that you should only really get what's important for you - bang on that

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

The daft bats done it whilst she's out shopping ( nowt interferes with her shopping ). £66.50 a month apparently, so I'm  saving 50p, but with Sky Sports and HD. Also an additional  £10 on first monthly payment for summat or other ( don't know what, I like to get her off the phone ASAP ).

I'll see if it comes on in time to watch the pigs get slaughtered. 

Just now, daztheowl said:

The daft bats done it whilst she's out shopping ( nowt interferes with her shopping ). £66.50 a month apparently, so I'm  saving 50p, but with Sky Sports and HD. Also an additional  £10 on first monthly payment for summat or other ( don't know what, I like to get her off the phone ASAP ).

I'll see if it comes on in time to watch the pigs get slaughtered. 

So you got all the Sky Sports package and the Ultra HD package too and still saved money?

That's pretty decent!

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So you got all the Sky Sports package and the Ultra HD package too and still saved money?

That's pretty decent!

Yep. Bloke said it would it would take up to 4 hours to initiate. Just checked and am now watching Rangers match in HD.

1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

Yep. Bloke said it would it would take up to 4 hours to initiate. Just checked and am now watching Rangers match in HD.

Great stuff

I really love stuff like this where people can save money and even better if they get tons more stuff too - that's just fantastic

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

This is a great deal. A word of caution. YOU have to cancel Netflix. Remember, you may well be subscribed through Apple or another provider - you have to contact them to cancel your service. Sky and Netflix make it feel like it is a seamless transfer and your bills from Netflix will just stop. BUT, as they are not billing you directly, they claim the fifth amendment if you are looking for double billing reimbursement. Also, when you cancel with Apple etc, they make you feel as if it’s gone for good and make you feel the Sky subscription is different and inferior. It’s just a case of re-logging in and you are instantly up and running. 

Guest LondonOwl313

I’ve got the Sky sports month pass for £25 a month and Netflix for £8.99... depends what you’re wanting I guess. Also got Sky entertainment for £9.99 a month so that’s about £44 a month.

On Sky there are loads of channels but had it before and I just end up watching sports anyway.. honestly don’t think I’d watch anything other than Sky Sports, Sky One, Sky News, Sky Atlantic, Sky box sets or Netflix anyway so wouldn’t pay any more than that