Do you have Sky Sports? Sky TV? Netflix? If so read this

I pay £93 per month for a full sky tv package at moment. Sky Q, ultra HD and multi room. Sports, kids, cinema and netflix etc. Just called up and told me no offers available,  possibly because I already have some offers on there already? 

1 minute ago, Chewy24 said:

I pay £93 per month for a full sky tv package at moment. Sky Q, ultra HD and multi room. Sports, kids, cinema and netflix etc. Just called up and told me no offers available,  possibly because I already have some offers on there already? 

Try again

I had offers on mine that I'd just negotiated but they were fine to help out this morning

Mention that it's the Black Friday deal they're advertising on Facebook etc

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Chewy24 said:

Be careful if you already have a contract with sky, if you don't complete the existing contract and change like Neil has you can end up with early termination penalties, this happened to me.

The worst company for this are BT, I made it clear when is I signed up for BT sport that I didn't want to go on a fixed length contract. So I signed up ( to watch cricket ) and 3  months later hidden in small print inside one of the rubbish emails that they send  was that they were changing me to an 18 month contract, I never agreed to this as I missed the small print.

It cost me over £100 to get out of the contract that I never agreed to and while trying to resolve this dealt with some of the most arrogant call staff I have ever come across. Needless to say I will never deal with them again no matter what they offer.

Should have taken this up with the ombudsman.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Be careful if you already have a contract with sky, if you don't complete the existing contract and change like Neil has you can end up with early termination penalties, this happened to me. 

This isn't an issue with Sky at all? It's not BT

I asked the person I spoke to and she laughed and said no that won't happen at all

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, Chewy24 said:

Said same to our lass. She rang again, bloke gave her another number and said if they don't, then say you're cancelling. Also said to mention the name Chris. Needn't have bothered with either, as when she rang this other number, he just said of course we can change it.

Just persist. 

3 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

The worst company for this are BT, I made it clear when is I signed up for BT sport that I didn't want to go on a fixed length contract. So I signed up ( to watch cricket ) and 3  months later hidden in small print inside one of the rubbish emails that they send  was that they were changing me to an 18 month contract, I never agreed to this as I missed the small print.

It cost me over £100 to get out of the contract that I never agreed to and while trying to resolve this dealt with some of the most arrogant call staff I have ever come across. Needless to say I will never deal with them again no matter what they offer.

Should have taken this up with the ombudsman.

You should have hit Twitter and FB with it, might not get your money back but the satisfaction you might have put someone off from signing up with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I asked the person I spoke to and she laughed and said no that won't happen at all

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's exactly what sky told me, but they still went ahead and charged me.

I am currently owed £38.88 by sky who acknowledge that I should not have been charged. I have been assured that this money will be deducted from my sky bill for November. Will have to wait and see if it has, the deduction is not showing on my account for this month but I will wait until the 28th and if it is not reimbursed will raise a complaint with sky as in my opinion it's the only way to get things resolved.

Dont get me wrong I think sky are pretty good and have been with them for over 20 years but trying to get an issue resolved can be painstaking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

That's exactly what sky told me, but they still went ahead and charged me.

I am currently owed £38.88 by sky who acknowledge that I should not have been charged. I have been assured that this money will be deducted from my sky bill for November. Will have to wait and see if it has, the deduction is not showing on my account for this month but I will wait until the 28th and if it is not reimbursed will raise a complaint with sky as in my opinion it's the only way to get things resolved.

Dont get me wrong I think sky are pretty good and have been with them for over 20 years but trying to get an issue resolved can be painstaking.

Forgot to mention they keep telling me I am a sky VIP member, whatever that means.

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Try again

I had offers on mine that I'd just negotiated but they were fine to help out this morning

Mention that it's the Black Friday deal they're advertising on Facebook etc

Right, just had a similar scenerio to this.

The guy told me that ‘no offers were populating on my account’

I said this can’t be right because Neil off of Owlstalk said that everyone can get this offer (not quite but just about😂).

He kept repeating this and I kept repeating what I was saying. In the end he said he would see if one of his colleagues could do anything.

All went quiet then said he yes, we can do it. They are charging me a one off £20 admin charge which again I said I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere but I was losing the will to live a bit by now.

So in the end they’ve got my TV bill down from £74.50 to £62.50 (he didn’t know how it was less than £65?) and I’ve gained Netflix UHD.

Just checked and in May my bill was for £146.45 inc phone & Broadband and now it will be £87.50.

• Like 2

Just now, BIG D said:

Right, just had a similar scenerio to this.

The guy told me that ‘no offers were populating on my account’

I said this can’t be right because Neil off of Owlstalk said that everyone can get this offer (not quite but just about😂).

He kept repeating this and I kept repeating what I was saying. In the end he said he would see if one of his colleagues could do anything.

All went quiet then said he yes, we can do it. They are charging me a one off £20 admin charge which again I said I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere but I was losing the will to live a bit by now.

So in the end they’ve got my TV bill down from £74.50 to £62.50 (he didn’t know how it was less than £65?) and I’ve gained Netflix UHD.

Just checked and in May my bill was for £146.45 inc phone & Broadband and now it will be £87.50.

That's bang on

Nice one mate

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Thanks Neil. I've been meaning to renegotiate for a few weeks now. Your post gave me the impetus to sort it and knowing they are offering deals makes it much easier.

I toyed with the idea of adding cinema and netflix on the £66.50 bundle but decided to keep what I've already got for £35.50 less than i pay now per month.

That's fantastic mate - nice one! 👊

We're saving a lot of people a lot of money hopefully AND getting them new stuff/channels/multiroom/Ultra HD stuff etc

Love it

Owlstalk Shop

I have been a Sky broadband customer for a couple of years now and find their broadband very reliable.

Also so my broadband deal finishes next month and last week I was sent an email notifying me of this and giving me various options to choose from rather than them just putting me on their highest tariff. I chose the most suitable tariff and then yesterday received a box with their latest broadband unit in it and a box to return the old unit in.  Not cut over yet so can't say if the speed is better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's fantastic mate - nice one! 👊

We're saving a lot of people a lot of money hopefully AND getting them new stuff/channels/multiroom/Ultra HD stuff etc

Love it

Hopefully people that don't normally renegotiate will see how easy it is having done it now and will be more inclined to make a point of doing it in 18 months time.

I think a lot of people undervalue the importance Sky etc. attach to signing existing customers up to a fixed term contract at a discounted price in preference to the "full" price for a month at a time and so don't realise the power they have in negotiating a better deal.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Hopefully people that don't normally renegotiate will see how easy it is having done it now and will be more inclined to make a point of doing it in 18 months time.

I think a lot of people undervalue the importance Sky etc. attach to signing existing customers up to a fixed term contract at a discounted price in preference to the "full" price for a month at a time and so don't realise the power they have in negotiating a better deal.

This is so true

Owlstalk Shop