Do you have Sky Sports? Sky TV? Netflix? If so read this

1 minute ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Thanks a lot Neil.

Just added Sky Sports to my package and reduced my bill by £5.   Plus, as Wednesday are on Sky Sports tomorrow and next Wednesday, I don't need to pay £20 to watch on iFollow.

Cheers

Awesome - nice one mate

Forgot about Wednesday being on sky - cheers for the reminder mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Thanks a lot Neil.

Just added Sky Sports to my package and reduced my bill by £5.   Plus, as Wednesday are on Sky Sports tomorrow and next Wednesday, I don't need to pay £20 to watch on iFollow.

Cheers

There’s always a downside to these things isn’t there.

:duntmatter:

No extra off for me, not surprised as I always negotiate hard when my contract is about to finish. Lady said she would have a look and then told me my package was discounted as low as it could go so I'm happy. Just remember when your contract is almost up, phone and say you want to cancel because it is too much, you should then be put through to cancellations and they usually offer the best deals to keep you. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

Thank you for this. It prompted me to ring up and ask what they could do.

I did get it slightly cheaper at £59.50 which for me is amazing. 

Tip of the hat to you Neil.

Nice one mate! 
Glad to help

Hopefully more people can get this too before they end it

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Bob said:

No extra off for me, not surprised as I always negotiate hard when my contract is about to finish. Lady said she would have a look and then told me my package was discounted as low as it could go so I'm happy. Just remember when your contract is almost up, phone and say you want to cancel because it is too much, you should then be put through to cancellations and they usually offer the best deals to keep you. 

What do you already have and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Neil! Brilliantly clear and useful post! 

I was paying £115pm for the full TV & broadband package, and this was due to go up to £146 pm at end of Jan when my current discounts were due to end. 

I'd seen the offer, but assumed as I had 'contracted' discounts in place I couldn't benefit from it. 

All signed up now for £80.50pm. 

Edited by Ginner

4 hours ago, Bob said:

They said that to me on Sunday mate. I’d renegotiated in May down from £146 to £99.50 (for everything inc phone and broadband). I stuck to my guns and just kept repeating that it said the deal is for everyone. They put me on hold, came back and dropped it to £87.50 (TV £62.50 & £25 for phone and BB) + they added Netflix Premium.

I’d have another go 

Edited by BIG D

29 minutes ago, Ginner said:

Thanks Neil! Brilliantly clear and useful post! 

I was paying £115pm for the full TV & broadband package, and this was due to go up to £146 pm at end of Jan when my current discounts were due to end. 

I'd seen the offer, but assumed as I had 'contracted' discounts in place I couldn't benefit from it. 

All signed up now for £80.50pm. 

Awesome - nice one

Saved some money there over the next 18 months then when it gets to that time we can all do it again!

Owlstalk Shop

Thanks Neil , saved over £60 per month and now have faster broadband, sky cinema for first time ever and netflix, 

Mrs now wants to watch The crown , told her she''ll have to wait until tonights game is finished,

She responded can I watch it if you(swfc) are down 3-0 at half time 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, pahowl said:

Thanks Neil , saved over £60 per month and now have faster broadband, sky cinema for first time ever and netflix, 

Mrs now wants to watch The crown , told her she''ll have to wait until tonights game is finished,

She responded can I watch it if you(swfc) are down 3-0 at half time 

Ah awesome stuff!

The Crown is actually amazing - even I liked it (a lot)

Nice one on the savings mate 👍👍

Owlstalk Shop