Do you have Sky Sports? Sky TV? Netflix? If so read this

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Currently paying £87.50 for Sky Q 2T, multiroom and all TV except Bt Sport, Disney and cinema. This also includes superfast broadband and all calls so I don't think I can beat that.

My bill now is exactly the same but I have cinema and now have Netflix Premium. Worth a try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hope you saved some money

Great offer isn't it!

Poor Sky - we've annihilated them today

lol

Yes, thank you!👍👍

Unfortunately, due to being made redundant recently, I had previously cancelled Sky Sports & my separate Netflix subscription, but can afford both now, after striking up a great deal!😂

Plus, I got through quickly on the phone(for once) and it only took me about 30 minutes to sort out.

Will be watching EVERY game I can now, starting with Liverpool v. Leicester.

Plus, the Swansea game on Sky "Action" this Wednesday!😂

Cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My Sky dish packed in and I couldn't find the fault, so I took it down in the first lockdown.  

Ordered a Now TV box for TV in front room.  Special offer free, just £5 pp.   Perfect picture.  Can also watch on PC in back room.   And on my tablet and smart phone if I'm away or holidaying.

Now TV did a 'football season offer' of £20 month.   Cancel anytime just by pressing 'cancel pass' button.   Works out at under £5 a week.

Also got freeview and ive no interest in the American cráp they serve up on the other Sky channels.

Used to cost me nearly £100 game for me and wife to go to a game, what with petrol, tickets, parking, food etc.

I had a 3 year season ticket which ran out in 2019.  I've no intention of renewing any time soon.  

• Love 1

Got Mrs Rooster to phone up today (as I simply dont have 4 hours and 78 minutes spare)

Managed to get:

New 4k box

2 multiroom boxes

4k netflix

78mb fiber 

Full package (apart from films) 

£77

Dont know how that compares with other but it's much better than we were getting, so thanks for the tip 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

Yes, thank you!👍👍

Unfortunately, due to being made redundant recently, I had previously cancelled Sky Sports & my separate Netflix subscription, but can afford both now, after striking up a great deal!😂

Plus, I got through quickly on the phone(for once) and it only took me about 30 minutes to sort out.

Will be watching EVERY game I can now, starting with Liverpool v. Leicester.

Plus, the Swansea game on Sky "Action" this Wednesday!😂

Cheers mate.

That's just made my day mate - nice one ♥️

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

My Sky dish packed in and I couldn't find the fault, so I took it down in the first lockdown.  

Ordered a Now TV box for TV in front room.  Special offer free, just £5 pp.   Perfect picture.  Can also watch on PC in back room.   And on my tablet and smart phone if I'm away or holidaying.

Now TV did a 'football season offer' of £20 month.   Cancel anytime just by pressing 'cancel pass' button.   Works out at under £5 a week.

Also got freeview and ive no interest in the American cráp they serve up on the other Sky channels.

Used to cost me nearly £100 game for me and wife to go to a game, what with petrol, tickets, parking, food etc.

I had a 3 year season ticket which ran out in 2019.  I've no intention of renewing any time soon.  

Hi

This is the Sky thread

I think you've made a terrible mistake and clicked into a thread thinking it was the 'old gimmers calling things crap' thread

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

That looks a great deal to be fair.

I ‘renegotiated’ my deal about 3 months ago because I was paying around £140 a month which is for everything inc phone and broadband.

I got it down to £99.50 but they wouldn’t chuck Netflix in for me.

Just looked and it works out at]

TV £74.50

Phone/Broadband £25If they’re giving you a mini box this is also good because they were originally £100  and now £50.

Sky also do a soundbar type speaker for Sky Q which got great reviews when it was launched for £400. It’s on offer at the moment for £160

I’m not sure if they would knock me an extra tenner off now and give me Netflix?

Just call, say you want to cancel all your TV and they'll come up with better, every time!

I've just done it, took 20 minutes 

I was paying 82 a month for internet, films, sport and a multiroom. Plus the mrs was paying a tenner for Netflix.

We now pay 77 a month and have added ultra HD, kids and get box sets included too now.

So Im paying 15 quid less a month and getting more content. There's a 20 quid admin free though so won't start saving money until Jan