Garry Monk chose the new signings. The Chairman has fully backed Garry Monk this season

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could be a number  of reasons mate really

Could be 'here's a player - you can take him or have nobody'

Could be that Dunkley is in some way linked to an agent or deal that could land Monk loads of wonga (not saying that is at all the case)

Could be that he wanted to risk it and gamble that he would be fit

Either way - the club's processes should be that no manager or chairman is ever able to sign a player with a leg broken in two places and metal rods in it

Yep fair enough. Definitely not evidence that the club hasn't backed Monk then.

• Like 1

I am still convinced DC has a healthy income stream rather than a pot of money he can dip in to.

He bought the club in instalments over 2 years.

Seems happy to bank roll a wage bill but can’t conjure up money for signings.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on..

Should a Chairman let a manager sign a player with a leg broken in two places and metal pins in his leg as the new club captain?

I wouldn't have thought so unless advised by others. I doubt whether DC hand picks transfer targets though as his knowledge of the game seems to be limited at best.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So you are suggesting the conversation was like I wrote in the OP?

What are you suggesting in this thread?

Are you suggesting the Dunkley signing is responsible for our current predicament?

Are you suggesting that it was a bad idea, signing a player recovering from an injury? This isn't unique,& may pay off.

Are you suggesting the signing was made for non footballing reasons? As rumoured with Emmanuelson.

Either way it should not be a massive influence on failing to get  a single point from Lu, Roth & WW. 

Are cripples ‘lucky’ in Thai culture?

Do they ward off evil spirits and bring prosperity?

Or do they protect their ‘owner’ by being a focal point against nasty accidents and illness - a sort of health insurance?

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I wouldn't have thought so unless advised by others. I doubt whether DC hand picks transfer targets though as his knowledge of the game seems to be limited at best.

So you're suggesting that the recruitment team deliberately didn't tell Chansiri that Dunkley leg was in more pieces than a jigsaw puzzle?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

Do you know how PR/Media works?

The manager's tend not to go  to the press and say 'this is a TERRIBLE signing - his leg is broken in two places!!!"

So honest Monk, the most honest manager we have had in many years according to you, was not being honest about his first signing? 

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What are you suggesting in this thread?

Are you suggesting the Dunkley signing is responsible for our current predicament?

Are you suggesting that it was a bad idea, signing a player recovering from an injury? This isn't unique,& may pay off.

Are you suggesting the signing was made for non footballing reasons? As rumoured with Emmanuelson.

Either way it should not be a massive influence on failing to get  a single point from Lu, Roth & WW. 

Again nobody is talking about the recent results - stop trying to shove them into the conversation

Let's talk about the fact that this summer, the summer of 2020, when things literally couldn't be going any worse, that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club signed a player with a leg broken in two places, who had metal rods in his leg, as the future captain of the club.

Let's stick to that point because it's a really important point to give us as fans an idea of how the club is being ran, where we are headed, and why

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Again nobody is talking about the recent results - stop trying to shove them into the conversation

Let's talk about the fact that this summer, the summer of 2020, when things literally couldn't be going any worse, that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club signed a player with a leg broken in two places, who had metal rods in his leg, as the future captain of the club.

Let's stick to that point because it's a really important point to give us as fans an idea of how the club is being ran, where we are headed, and why

I thought Pelupessy was going to be the future captain of the club. 😉

Ok so the thread had no hidden agenda, & was purely informing us that 1 of the 7 signings was recovering from a bad injury.

I think everyone knows this.  Maybe some are unaware & they now know.