Garry Monk Comparison Stats @ Hillsborough

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

A worse record than butte shame and Jo’s. Just let that sink in.  

Manager comparisons are (and always have been) ridiculous

Not the same players, division, spending power, opposition, coaches etc etc

If you were ever going to compare stats of something that should never be compared  it's managerial statistics

It's a farce and anyone looking at them thinking it tells you anything at all is naive beyond belief

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you were ever going to compare stats of something that should never be compared  it's managerial statistics

It's a farce and anyone looking at them thinking it tells you anything at all is naive beyond belief

It certainly doesn't tell you everything but that doesn't mean it tells you nothing.

It doesn't mean he's 100% the worst manager we've ever had but it's certainly not a good indication to be bottom of these sort of tables.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Niel I know you love monk for some reason. But what are you seeing that makes you think he can turn this round?

• Like 2

Just now, Plonk said:

Niel I know you love monk for some reason. But what are you seeing that makes you think he can turn this round?

My point was nothing to do with Monk and everything  to do with pointing out to people to stop, think, and consider these manager stats before blindly following the 'he was better than him then' logic that is flawed beyond belief

Same applies to any manager being compared to any other manager using statistics

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

It certainly doesn't tell you everything but that doesn't mean it tells you nothing.

It doesn't mean he's 100% the worst manager we've ever had but it's certainly not a good indication to be bottom of these sort of tables.

Again that's a naive view mate

It could show (for instance) that our club is absolutely at rock bottom in terms of playing staff at the club

You only have to look at the fact we just signed someone with a DOUBLE broken leg and metal pins in his leg ffs

If the 'stats' show you anything it could be that

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point was nothing to do with Monk and everything  to do with pointing out to people to stop, think, and consider these manager stats before blindly following the 'he was better than him then' logic that is flawed beyond belief

Same applies to any manager being compared to any other manager using statistics

Well swerved. So without the stats quoted. Given around 90 pc of people think he needs to go. Why do you, personally, think he can turn it round?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Again that's a naive view mate

It could show (for instance) that our club is absolutely at rock bottom in terms of playing staff at the club

You only have to look at the fact we just signed someone with a DOUBLE broken leg and metal pins in his leg ffs

If the 'stats' show you anything it could be that

It could be, but using my naive brain I'd say we had far worse squads in the 70s and early 2000s, Danny Maddix, Ashley Westwood, Jon Beswetherwick, Brian Barryy-Murphy etc, playing at this same level.

Just now, fingyfop said:

It could be, but using my naive brain I'd say we had far worse squads in the 70s and early 2000s, Danny Maddix, Ashley Westwood, Jon Beswetherwick, Brian Barryy-Murphy etc, playing at this same level.

We will look back on this squad as right alongside / worse than that one

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Well swerved. So without the stats quoted. Given around 90 pc of people think he needs to go. Why do you, personally, think he can turn it round?

Owlstalk Shop

So you can’t then?

• Like 1

Most of these players have played multiple seasons at Championship clubs, that team from the early 2000's were a different breed of crap entirely, some went to non league after leaving us while still in their prime, none of our seasoned pros are quite that crap this time around.

8 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Most of these players have played multiple seasons at Championship clubs, that team from the early 2000's were a different breed of crap entirely, some went to non league after leaving us while still in their prime, none of our seasoned pros are quite that crap this time around.

Owlstalk Shop