Tony Meola and the RED Sheffield Wednesday shirt

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How the bloody hell do you remember such small detail?  I can't even remember beating them 5 nil.

I remember the game, the red keeper shirt, and even John Ryan scoring with a bizarre sidefoot volley chip.

I remember loads of little details from games in the 80s - but you could say something about a game I was at from a couple of years ago and I'll have no memory of it whatsoever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Gary Lineker era Leicester turned up at Hillsborough in a green away shirt forcing the change. We beat them 5-0 for their impudence, with Imre Varadi getting a hat-trick. Back in those days it was quite a sensation to see a custodian in anything but green and from memory it was the only time we used that keeper top.

Went 2nd in the league after that win

24 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I remember the game, the red keeper shirt, and even John Ryan scoring with a bizarre sidefoot volley chip.

I remember loads of little details from games in the 80s - but you could say something about a game I was at from a couple of years ago and I'll have no memory of it whatsoever.

It's weird isn't it? Why the hell would I want to remember that Leicester played in a green shirt with a double yellow pinstripe (same design as the home kit) that was sponsored by a local brewery; Ind Coope? Yet I do. Then someone will ask me about something important at my workplace that I did the day before and I will look at them like they are talking gibberish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's weird isn't it? Why the hell would I want to remember that Leicester played in a green shirt with a double yellow pinstripe (same design as the home kit) that was sponsored by a local brewery; Ind Coope? Yet I do. Then someone will ask me about something important at my workplace that I did the day before and I will look at them like they are talking gibberish.

Did you put too much salt on the fries?😃😀😀

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm the same, r lass goes barmy 

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

This was my first ever game - aged 6. With my dad at the back of the South Stand.

Decent start Imre gets a hat trick win 5-0. Soon found it that wasn't always a garden of roses but wouldn't change a thing.

Just looked at Meola - he went on to get a 100 Caps. 

WAWAW