FOUR ON THE BOUNCE! Yet ANOTHER clean sheet

2 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

And Van Aken haters seem equally frustrated. 

tbh I was one of those. I didn’t think he’d turn it round after 3 difficult years. Early doors, but he’s certainly having a go. Keep it up Joost. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

tbh I was one of those. I didn’t think he’d turn it round after 3 difficult years. Early doors, but he’s certainly having a go. Keep it up Joost. 

Yeah agreed it is early but to be blunt (and yes self gratifying) I saw enough in him in his his first games to see he is a good player. He lacked confidence and moaners at Hillsborough didn’t help that. I actually think it’s a blessing we can’t get in Hillsborough at the moment for that reason

Same record as Lukuhay after 42 championship games. See how he goes from here on now? Home form particularly goals scored is nothing to write home about though.

On a positive, a win away at a side that finished in the Top 6 last season and a home draw against a side we traditionally struggle against who were in the premier league last season. If we pick up at least 3 points from our next 2 games then it’s been a decent start.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 16.54.53.jpg

That's four clean sheets on the bounce now (five if you include the Leicester pre-season friendly)

Immaculate defending from the lads, Van Aken defending solidly too who has looked class since coming back, and some class saves from Cameron Dawson today

Well done Garry Monk - saw the issue last season, pulled new faces in, a new coaching team, and worked on the defence and it's paying off

Where's the form table Neil???😎

Pleasantly surprised with our start, still a few issues obviously which have been well documented. Pretty sure we will get a striker in which is a must just hope DC delivers a pleasant surprise with this, we have got to get this right. Still not convinced by Dawson at all and our habit of failing to score enough home goals, or that this system is the way to go with the players we have at our disposal. Monk still has a lot to do to convince me he's the man.

The Everton fans wanted Howard Kendall's head after just two seasons. After 3 seasons he'd made them champions.

With Fergie at Manure it took six seasons to win the title and we very nearly got him sacked!

Cloughie took two and a half seasons to get Forest promoted and they became champions the season after that.

Shankly took years building that awesome Liverpool side.

The moral of the story is you have to give the manager time. Let's hope Monk gets that time.