Season Ticket Refunds Update

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

That's fair comment and I may have said the same in that position.

Do we know if the club asked the players to take a cut? Obviously, it's contracted to pay the players, I suspect the T's & C's of a season ticket sale are most likely are very much in the clubs favour and the refunds are effectively a gesture of goodwill by the club....?

We had players that we paid a fortune for 4 years that couldn’t give us 3 more games. Had the club not offered refunds then many people wouldn’t buy one in the future. They had to refund. Difficult situation, but it’s about time football got in the real world. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

We had players that we paid a fortune for 4 years that couldn’t give us 3 more games. Had the club not offered refunds then many people wouldn’t buy one in the future. They had to refund. Difficult situation, but it’s about time football got in the real world. 

I agree with that about the players, it's the epitome of selfish although the well used argument around what happens should they pick up an injury was always bandied around. Let's be honest, its a selfish profession in the modern era.

I guess I was just acknowledging that the club and the players are separate entities, players still expecting full pay wasn't necessarily a club decision.

Agree though, really the clubs hands are tied, no refunds only comes back to bite you on next seasons tickets. That said, we may not be selling any at the rate we're going with Covid.

Edited by Morepork

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

They were starting to contact people late last week. They’ve got 8000 phone calls to get through. Logistical nightmare tbf. 

I have had refunds back from Test Match tickets I had for Edgbaston.

Game was called off, within a week they contacted me by email to ask how I wanted a refund repaid and 10 days later it was in my account.
They probably had over 50,000 people to contact.

Its just another instance of the club being shoddily run.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have had refunds back from Test Match tickets I had for Edgbaston.

Game was called off, within a week they contacted me by email to ask how I wanted a refund repaid and 10 days later it was in my account.
They probably had over 50,000 people to contact.

Its just another instance of the club being shoddily run.

Have to agree with you 100%... Cricket is light years ahead of football in how it treats the paying public.

I got a full refund on the T20 England-Australia game, including the booking fee, without any fuss whatsoever.

In addition, to regular updates, Yorkshire CCC members were asked to forego their 2020 membership and if they did, the members got a package which included future free ticket upgrades, complimentaries, recognition in the Yearbook / Annual Report / Long Room and a day watching the squad training.

This is why, so far, the vast majority of members have not asked for a refund and are happy for the club to keep this year's fee.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vulva said:

They were starting to contact people late last week. They’ve got 8000 phone calls to get through. Logistical nightmare tbf. 

They could easily just refund the money and send an email saying its been paid back onto your card. It's not a difficult process. The club are taking the p155. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Sorry this was for last season

I know, as I say I thought you would have taken the option to watch the remaining games last season rather than request a refund.

10 hours ago, vulva said:

And totally unnecessary . Simply refund the money to the same card like everyone else does. The tiny few who paid by cash or cheque can be sent a cheque. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I have with one season ticket

Not quite the spirit it was intended for though is it? 

Thought you would have foregone any reimbursement for the good of the club and support of the owner.

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not quite the spirit it was intended for though is it? 

Thought you would have foregone any reimbursement for the good of the club and support of the owner.

Giving a season ticket refund on top of owls foundation and a shirt sponsor I feel like I can sleep tonight

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Giving a season ticket refund on top of owls foundation and a shirt sponsor I feel like I can sleep tonight

You should be able to, appears as though you are in a very small minority to have already received a refund!

38 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If the first fans they let into Hillsborough whenever that happens are 2020/21 season ticket holders who didn't ask for a refund for 2019/20 I'll be sure to let you know he we play. 😉

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If the first fans they let into Hillsborough whenever that happens are 2020/21 season ticket holders who didn't ask for a refund for 2019/20 I'll be sure to let you know he we play. 😉

I bought 4 season tickets for this season 2 adults 2 kids I'm pretty sure I will be alright if not I will call in a favour