Season Ticket Refunds Update

2 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

It’s kinda annoying tbh. It’s another case of the fans coming last. People could do with the extra cash. A normal refund takes 7 working days, not 3 months. But the club is happy to go and spend money on players. It’s not as if chansiri os skint. He could personally refund us himself. 

Spot on!

Football thinks of us as fans, not customers.

Secondly, you might reasonably expect that the EFL might offer some protection for fans/customers in their rules which they could then enforce with the same vigour as they do with other rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You won't.  They'd have put it on the website if there was one!

Yeah, I know. I'm not expecting a reply but you never know I guess.

They might be sat there just waiting to be asked  with a fantastic full refund and free ifollow for everyone offer.

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Not moaning at all. I fully understand the situation, would just be nice to be kept informed I guess.

If you have been a fan of Wednesday for long you should know better by now.

If you are relatively new to supporting the Wednesday you'd better get used to it.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Should be finally sorted by end of October / 1st November 

If you’re waiting chill ya boots and forget about it till then 👍

Chill your boots boys and girls.

When our fans complained that our early bird season ticket deadline put pressure on supporters to pay up by the end of January at a time when finances are traditionally tight, the club were kind end to give supporters an extra month to pay for a season ticket, 6 months in advance, as long as they committed to doing so.

Now some supporters are rightfully wanting a refund for tickets that could not be fulfilled, the process for returning a proportion of money that they paid months in advance is seemingly much more difficult and it will take more double the amount of time that fans were given to make payments.

Chill ya boots though eh.   

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chill your boots boys and girls.

When our fans complained that our early bird season ticket deadline put pressure on supporters to pay up by the end of January at a time when finances are traditionally tight, the club were kind end to give supporters an extra month to pay for a season ticket, 6 months in advance, as long as they committed to doing so.

Now some supporters are rightfully wanting a refund for tickets that could not be fulfilled, the process for returning a proportion of money that they paid months in advance is seemingly much more difficult and it will take more double the amount of time that fans were given to make payments.

Chill ya boots though eh.   

Stop quoting/replying to me

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

But that's the thing, we can't be informed about something the club doesn't even know yet.

Of course they can.

"We'd like to make all fans aware that we are working behind the scenes with the relevant authorities to determine the earliest we will be able to get fans back in the ground and how we will manage that.  In the mean time we are working with broadcast partners to work out how best to get as many Owls fans watching games each week."

• Like 4

Just not bothered...

If you've paid for a service/product and it isnt delivered you are entitled to a refund. 

As it stands I've paid to be in the ground for our home games. If that isnt going to happen I want an immediate refund pro rata to the undelivered product. 

I could appreciate last seasons problems. This is different.

The silence is unacceptable. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Stop quoting/replying to me

Dare I ask why?

You raised a topic for discussion and I am discussing it. No abuse, just a difference of opinion/point of view.

32 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

But that's the thing, we can't be informed about something the club doesn't even know yet.

The club understands the frustration some fans may be feeling regarding funds payed in advance for the coming season, at the moment we are waiting for further guidance from the EFL.

Once we have further information we will be able to make an informed decision regarding our position and possible options and at that point update all our season ticket holders.

Not too difficult to communicate even if you’re not really saying anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

If you've paid for a service/product and it isnt delivered you are entitled to a refund. 

As it stands I've paid to be in the ground for our home games. If that isnt going to happen I want an immediate refund pro rata to the undelivered product. 

I could appreciate last seasons problems. This is different.

The silence is unacceptable. 

As season ticket holders we got the added bonus of seeing away games online as part of the deal to compensate for not being able to attend games last season.

The fact this wont be available for weekend games this time around appears to have been somewhat announced on the quiet - not an issue brought on by the club I must stress as this appears to be an EFL decision for the division as a whole. Pretty poor not to continue in the same vein as last season in this respect in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As season ticket holders we got the added bonus of seeing away games online as part of the deal to compensate for not being able to attend games last season.

The fact this wont be available for weekend games this time around appears to have been somewhat announced on the quiet - not an issue brought on by the club I must stress as this appears to be an EFL decision for the division as a whole. Pretty poor not to continue in the same vein as last season in this respect in my opinion.

Exactly, at £10 a game your season ticket nearly works out if you get all the games (home & away).  If you only get the home games the clubs are going to have some serious cash to find to make up the difference!

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Of course they can.

"We'd like to make all fans aware that we are working behind the scenes with the relevant authorities to determine the earliest we will be able to get fans back in the ground and how we will manage that.  In the mean time we are working with broadcast partners to work out how best to get as many Owls fans watching games each week."

Trouble with that is the relevant authorities are the EFL

We're not friends with them lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Maybe people are frustrated because the club are taking so long to refund their money..money they could really do with at the moment..

It’s another example of poor / non existent communication. I work in a school of about 1300 people, and our biggest failing is communicating, and it’s being addressed as a matter of urgency and constantly reviewed.

SWFC are worse than we are by a long, long way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Of course they can.

If they released that statement I'd just think 'you've said nothing so what's the point, what about my money for last season that finished ages ago'

I think that's why they haven't said anything