The loss of Steven Fletcher

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Unfortunately I will remember Fletcher for not giving a poo about helping the club ( that made him more of a millionaire) for just 8 games that could define our immediate future.

Just because a person is paid millions, doesn't mean they have millions, most of these guys spend it as fast, or faster, than they make it, and wind up broke...

The immediate future of Wednesday was sealed a couple years ago, by "creative accounting" compliments of DC.  Now's  come the time to pay the price, 12 points negative when 2020-21 starts, got nothing to do with Fletcher.

Oh well, it's just another season, and whatever happens, I'll still support Wednesday...even in Tier 3.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

True, Celtic are miles ahead on and off the pitch of every other club in Scotland. It isn’t a contest sadly at the moment but a medal is a medal.

To be fair he’s probably got a good wage too, he’s close to family, and he’ll be playing in Europe rather than travelling to Stoke, Rotherham and Luton 🤣

He will also be travelling to Hamilton..Ross county..Livingston etc 🤣

28 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Just because a person is paid millions, doesn't mean they have millions, most of these guys spend it as fast, or faster, than they make it, and wind up broke...

The immediate future of Wednesday was sealed a couple years ago, by "creative accounting" compliments of DC.  Now's  come the time to pay the price, 12 points negative when 2020-21 starts, got nothing to do with Fletcher.

Oh well, it's just another season, and whatever happens, I'll still support Wednesday...even in Tier 3.

‘Most end up broke’? Players from the 70s and 80’a might, some at least, but I can assure you vast majority don’t these days. Surrounded by excellent advice in many instances and set for life.

Fletcher has had some big moves, and big paydays during a a very lucrative football era. He even spent time with Marseille. He’s had an excellent career and seems to have been advised very well. He will never have to work again I suspect. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fletcher has had some big moves, and big paydays during a a very lucrative football era. He even spent time with Marseille. He’s had an excellent career and seems to have been advised very well. He will never have to work again I suspect. 

Normal Saturday then! 😂........ only kidding.....when he was fit we generally got a shift out of him.

Edited by GMOwl72

1 minute ago, vulva said:

‘Most end up broke’? Players from the 70s and 80’a might, some at least, but I can assure you vast majority don’t these days. Surrounded by excellent advice in many instances and set for life.

But he does want to work again, or rather, his Agent wants him to?  i don't know, none of us do, we don't know his financial situation.  In any case ,he was fun to watch, he did worry the opponents, and for good reason, I wish him the best.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

This is also how I will remember Steven Fletcher sadly.

Steven-Fletcher-Sheffield-Wednesday-injury-update-fans-e1553609733745-600x350.jpg

Sadly I'll remember him walking off the pitch having contributed nothing in his final game  - and chelping at the North Stand during the "You're not fit to where the shirt" chant.

Celtic have made Fletcher an offer but he wants them to match Stoke’s offer of 2 years and £18k a week. 

Crazy for a 33 year old that’s had injuries every single year he’s been at Wednesday. No matter how good he is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Celtic have made Fletcher an offer but he wants them to match Stoke’s offer of 2 years and £18k a week. 

Crazy for a 33 year old that’s had injuries every single year he’s been at Wednesday. No matter how good he is. 

Yeah, does he really want to go back to his boyhood club... can't go back to Scotland with crazy expectations. 😉