Josh Onomah

29 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

What a load of rubbish. He was awful for us, the game that sticks out was the 3-3 draw with Preston, look at their second goal for example he could have easily prevented it. And players don't get called lazy for no reason Sheffield Wednesday fans actually acknowledge a hard working player, only players that are lazy get called lazy.

I think in that instance he's expected the whistle to go and it hasn't so it's already a second behind the play. I don't think it's laziness that, it's a lack of anticipation.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Why does it have to be either "He was lazy" or "Fans were wrong to ignore his obvious quality"... why can't there be some shades of grey and it be a bit of both?

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think their manager summed it up, he’s taken a long time to fully believe in himself, in both his loan spells, and early on at Fulham He said, he perhaps just needed someone to put an arm round him

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think during his time with us Josh was always a player who looked decent enough but maybe didn't do enough in games. He's really kicked on this season at Fulham. Great goal tonight.

All these posts point to the same thing really - people giving the lad time to find his feet (and the lazy bit might be to do with that too - going from academy football to Championship will take some time to adjust). 

Something to think about with our player Shaw. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rogers said:

and my own eyes, every time he pulled that shirt on for Wednesday.

Norwich away stands out as a particular dismal performance 

I thought he looked quality 

Probably a better judge than you and your 5 mates 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 28/07/2020 at 06:44, Themagiccap said:

Almost like man management is important....

Jesus thank god he didn’t come back. Monk would have completely killed his career with his lack of man management skills!

On 28/07/2020 at 00:04, Therealrealist said:

Bruce was the only ‘coach’ to choose which players he wanted ..I’m also told monk was behind the Wickham but had no input at all on da cruz

Monk claimed he had been scouting Da Cruz for 2 years , strange if he had no input..

On 28/07/2020 at 01:07, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think in that instance he's expected the whistle to go and it hasn't so it's already a second behind the play. I don't think it's laziness that, it's a lack of anticipation.

First lesson in football. Play to the whistle, less thats not coached anymore.

Think all our dealings have been down to the recruitment committee, with influences from others along the way. Right from the start of Chansiri’s reign, there have been question marks about a managers input into various signings, even though the managers suggest otherwise We are not stupid, and can clearly see that isn’t the case. I’m not sure all the signings attributed to Bruce were any different, but they were probably due to the former Villa scouts joining the recruitment team. Aside from the completely random players who have been signed during this period, do we believe that Carlos really signed Rhodes, or Jos Hector and Onomah? Recruitment in general, does seem to be taking on a more targeted approach, although we still see the odd curve ball thrown in