• Windass
    • Da Cruz
    • Luongo
    • Murphy
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu
    • Shaw

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I really respect your opinion and I believe you put thought into your posts but, my god, you’ve really got it wrong about Windass today IMHO. I voted Windass MoM and would have even if he hadn’t scored. He took the game to QPR today; his running beyond Da Cruz and behind the opposite’s defence dragged QPR all over the places and really screwed their defensive shape to the extent that they had to make a substitution on 30 minutes to do something about it. 

We’ve lacked a forward that plays on the shoulder of the last defender and runs in behind defences for many a year. Windass  was the standout player today. 

Thanks for some nice words buddy. 

I never said that Windass looked a poor player or didn't do lot of good things today, but that he is alone to blame for us not scoring 3 more goals today. Two clear cut chance he missed himself and poor pass to Da Cruz. 

We had lot of really good performances today and considering what I wrote a ove I'm surprised that do many people think his was the best one. 

Just imagine reaction if we somehow failed to win today with Windass doing just as well as he did today?! I'm not sure that he would get such a favorable ratings... 

• Like 2

Harris for me.he never gave it up the whole game,Im not a fan of his,but his work rate and they way hes locked down his side of the park today,in an unacustomed position,when those around him looked to be running out of steam,he still had legs,brilliant.

We were helped by QPR having F all to play for,and it showed,loads of posession but no intent or ambition,made it a stroll for us with a lot to prove and a threat hanging over the club.

• Like 1

Windass by a country mile. Running in behind stretched them and made them really uncomfortable.

He was the catalyst for a great performance today with his workrate.

Don't get me wrong though , most of the QPR team were in their flip flops and had knotted handkerchiefs on their heads.

18 hours ago, daleblue said:

I really don't get this I pick Dave every week for fun, but somebody always vote's with me, am I being trolled or

is there some nutter that actually think's he is MOM, weird.

If you can't be objective, why should anyone else?

I voted for Harris, by the way, but on Saturday's showing others were well in contention

15 hours ago, malek said:

Thanks for some nice words buddy. 

I never said that Windass looked a poor player or didn't do lot of good things today, but that he is alone to blame for us not scoring 3 more goals today. Two clear cut chance he missed himself and poor pass to Da Cruz. 

We had lot of really good performances today and considering what I wrote a ove I'm surprised that do many people think his was the best one. 

Just imagine reaction if we somehow failed to win today with Windass doing just as well as he did today?! I'm not sure that he would get such a favorable ratings... 

One of Windass's misses was actually a superb defensive block. He couldn't have done more to score, just incredible defending that he didn't.

If we don't sign Windass we are stupid. He lloks like he could be what we have been missing.

In recent times there’s been games where nobody deserved MoM. Yesterday there’s six or seven players that could stake a claim.

I voted Luongo - superb all game. Broke up their play but created loads. 

Luongo 9

Lees Iorfa Harris Windass Bannan Da Cruz Harris 8

Moses Borner Wildsmith 7

Murphy superb too

We won because the dynamic of the game was dictated by us.

Our most forward player was always threatening/ making a run in behind their defence and this gave a pass option to our man in possession.

They have to watch this tactic and not commit too many forward..we were alert and tenacious all over the field to enable this tactic and Windass showed the way there imo..

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

We won because the dynamic of the game was dictated by us.

Our most forward player was always threatening/ making a run in behind their defence and this gave a pass option to our man in possession.

They have to watch this tactic and not commit too many forward..we were alert and tenacious all over the field to enable this tactic and Windass showed the way there imo..

The old Carlos classic 

“ even though they had the ball we were controlling the game “

On 11/07/2020 at 17:02, Lord Snooty said:

On 11/07/2020 at 17:02, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.4cb41d4a20ee94d4e9ed61a3ba69427a.png

image.png.4fc3e7c9a522ced9366a70eb82a9b5ca.png

Possession?  You can have the ball all day.

What matters is GOOD possession. 

Excellent.

jack.gif.3b69e35f78d5f9af8b77d5da82a98d3b.gif

Consummate away performance. We've had a good shape, been relaxed and calm (bar a bad ten after the first drink break) . We've let them have it in non dangerous areas. Kept a good shape. We've got in amongst them in the right places and squeezed their balls, so to speak. 

I'll tell you what, it's a tough one today to call a man of the match performance. The front pair worked their knackers off. Stretched QPRs back line and provided a constant out ball. 

Odubajo has, for me put in his best display since he joined the club. Up and down , up and down.

Harris....busy as f*ck. Dodgy as hell back pass in the first half, but has really run himself into the ground. Great game.

Bannan and Luongo really put some hard yards in here today. Luongo looked back to what we saw the other week.

Hunt. Young lad, he's come in, in a game where the plan is to let the opposition have the ball. Not easy. But he's got in good blocking angle and he's been positive in possession.  Neat, tidy. But also looking to keep the tempo with one and touch touch stuff. Delighted for the boy.

Murphy comes on. Bang what a goal. Great hold and link from Big Atdhe too. 

It's a tough call today. For all the right reasons.

Oh. And maybe , just maybe this bloke deserve a wee bit of credit.... 

image.png.c59fc20cd0bd72b1acd1f84d1e28e63e.png

....*Got his tactics and selection absolutely spot on today.

Two leggy runners up front the perfect choice for the way we set up.

*(Waits for the "QPR are just w@nk comments")

ENJOY YOUR EVENING FOLKS

UTO

giphy.gif

sounds interesting, depending upon who has their hands on them.

Edited by dorian gray

On 11/07/2020 at 17:06, McRightSide said:

Thought Luongo was outstanding and therefore my MOTM

Bannan, Windass, Lees, Iorfa and Börner very good

Da Cruz, Odubajo, Harris, Wildsmith were decent enough

Thought Hunt struggled a bit

Very good alround performance 

Hunt was superb - the positive attitude when he gets the ball means we move in transition much faster and end up catching teams short much more. I'm not sure where you are getting this at all.