• Bannan
    • Windass
    • Da Cruz
    • Luongo
    • Murphy
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu
    • Shaw

Lots of very good performances, gone for Bannan though could have easily gone for Luongo, Harris, Iorfa, Lees, Windass.

Also thought Alex Hunt had an excellent game, I saw a very young Keiran Lee in there during first half.

Used his head just after being booked when he pulled out of a tackle not being favourite to win ball. 

• Like 2

It’s been hard to pick a MoM recently because they’ve all been so bad... it’s hard to pick one today because they were all so good!

They all put in a top shift today but Windass, Luongo and Harris were probably the pick of the bunch. I went for Odubajo though — it takes some proper mental strength to put in a performance like that after how poor he’s been for us. Let’s hope this is the turning point for him here, he was excellent today and I really hope he can kick on now.

Brilliant team performance, for the first time in ages I really enjoyed watching us 

• Like 1

Went for Lees as that’s the best we’ve looked defensively for so long and for ages I’d felt that in a back 5 that’s where he was most suited, yet earlier this season we’d put Iorfa central and Lees right-sided. On actually play then Windass or Harris deserved it more, but Windows could have outscored Antonio today 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Thought Luongo was outstanding and therefore my MOTM

Bannan, Windass, Lees, Iorfa and Börner very good

Da Cruz, Odubajo, Harris, Wildsmith were decent enough

Thought Hunt struggled a bit

Very good alround performance 

agree they all played well but its quite obvious that hunt is struggling ,he nearly caused bannan a bad injury to cover for hunts mistake . 

Totally different qpr that beat us at home when they had hugill and wells up front, but we looked alot better with cb's playing cb instead of fb's!

Murphy dangerous up front, him and wickham could smash it, not convinced about cruz bar corners but monks signing so likely to get more starts.

Windass might be best in a middle 3 too which could work better having missed 2 sitters, but he offered alot of energy and hunt not ready imo.

Finally an encouraging performance to build on but the side would likely need fine tuning vs decent opposition imo

• Like 1

I Have always been a supporter of local youth coming through ,I am feeling the same optimism i  have not not had for a long time ,Patience is needed .Hunt looks like he could make into something ,Lee and Bannon to mentor him could develop into a quality player .On the bench some more lads ,Keep working you young owls .

Thought Luongo had his best game for us today. He was outstanding and is my MOTM. 

How the hell Windass got most votes on here?! Missed our best chance and played awful ball to Da Cruz when he was set for tap in?! 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, malek said:

Thought Luongo had his best game for us today. He was outstanding and is my MOTM. 

How the hell Windass got most votes on here?! Missed our best chance and played awful ball to Da Cruz when he was set for tap in?! 

Windass was fantastic today, never stopped, scored, and made us look dangerous for once.

Yeah he missed a few chances but he was there to miss them.

Wildsmith - 6 - Could have stayed in the hotel. Other than clear the odd precarious backpass, he's had nothing to do.

Iorfa - 8 - Strong, dominant display. I see him more as a right sided centre half than a central one in this system. He covers the flanks with ease due to his pace, and his ability on the ball lends itself to those wide areas. Took his goal very well.

Lees - 7 - Decent return to action. Careless with the backpass in the 1st half, but on the whole, looks assured enough.

Borner - 7 - Aggressive up against a rather naive QPR front line. Bossed and bullied them from the off.

Odubajo - 8 - Brilliant wing back display. Strong defensively, and a threat going forward. With a run of games, and some confidence behind him, this system suits him down the ground. There's a player in there, I keep saying it...

Harris - 7 - Worked hard, and you have to give him credit how he's adapted to the new role. However, I just feel, at present, his better work has come defensively, and offensively, you expect him to do more.

Bannan - 8 - Understated performance today, but still as important. Sat, and kept things ticking over, allowing Luongo and Hunt to dictate things further up the field. Sumptuous assist for Murphy's goal. 

Hunt - 8 - Impressive full debut for the lad. Full of running, tenancious, broke things up but so composed on the ball. Very easy on the eye, and has all the attributes to cement himself as a first team player.

Luongo - 8 - His best performance for the club in my opinion. Mirrored Hunt's display from an energy point of view. Got about QPR's midfield and won so many tackles and interceptions. Great effort and unfortunate not to score himself in the lead up to Iorfa's goal.

Da Cruz - 7 - Another really encouraging performance. A constant and genuine threat moving into the channels, and his direct running caused QPR's defence real problems. A lacks a bit of awareness, but, in this system, we're a much more potent outfit with him in the side. 

Windass - 8 - Man of the Match - Very sharp display. He should have had a hat-trick, and that's the only recent he's not got a nine. His composure in front of goal aside, his performance was a breath of fresh air. Quick, strong, direct. Ran the line brilliantly, and linked up very well with Da Cruz. 

Murphy - 8 - Couldn't have had a more positive impact really. Exquisite through ball for Windass with one of his first touches, a quality finish, and produced a couple of other fine moments, utilising the fresh legs up against QPR's weary backline.

Other subs - 6

Overall - It's a performance that leaves you scratching your head just as much as the capitulation did in midweek. Totally dominant in all areas. Allowed QPR to have the ball in their own half, but we were so positive in the press when the ball came into midfield. The midfield trio were absolutely superb, and with the two lads up front showing a real desire to run in behind and stretch play, it allowed ball players the options needed when looking forward for options. Too often of late, we've lacked that, especially when Wickham and Rhodes were playing. 

No point getting carried away though. We've seen enough of these false dawns this season. We have to back it up over the next three games. On Tuesday we'll have to find a way of winning a game where we don't have that space in behind, but out of possession, we have to play with the same intensity we did do today. 

A step in the right direction...but that's little encouragement given we've run a marathon in the wrong direction this season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, malek said:

I agree about Luongo, but Windass' overall play was tremendous today.

He lacked a bit of composure at times, but you cannot question anybody who'd give him the Man of the Match. The type of centre forward performance we've been lacking for a long time. 

• Like 2

Good performance today but good god qpr were diabolical it was worse than watching us !!!

Wildsmith - 7

Iorfa - 8 MOM

Lees - 7

Borner - 7

Odubajo - 8

Hunt - 7

Luongo - 8

Bannan - 7

Harris - 8

Da Cruz - 7

Windass - 8 should have been 9 but he missed two sitters. 

1 hour ago, malek said:

I really respect your opinion and I believe you put thought into your posts but, my god, you’ve really got it wrong about Windass today IMHO. I voted Windass MoM and would have even if he hadn’t scored. He took the game to QPR today; his running beyond Da Cruz and behind the opposite’s defence dragged QPR all over the places and really screwed their defensive shape to the extent that they had to make a substitution on 30 minutes to do something about it. 

We’ve lacked a forward that plays on the shoulder of the last defender and runs in behind defences for many a year. Windass  was the standout player today. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Lots of very good performances, gone for Bannan though could have easily gone for Luongo, Harris, Iorfa, Lees, Windass.

Also thought Alex Hunt had an excellent game, I saw a very young Keiran Lee in there during first half.

Used his head just after being booked when he pulled out of a tackle not being favourite to win ball. 

Saves me typing a lot because that’s pretty much as I saw it .

Baz was outstanding