1. FC Kaiserslautern

Bad news for a huge club, how long will it be before we are reading similar stories in relation to English sides, particularly without fans when match day income is so vital for clubs throughout the pyramid below the top flight.7963441D-E93C-47CD-8EFB-9C1B8A2ED5EC.thumb.jpeg.8e9f2d345404dac9a71363a83fa0cc71.jpeg

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

You would hope with the history and ground they've got someone will save them.

arnt clubs in germany fan owned ?......if they are why would anyone bail them out if he cant own the club .

51 minutes ago, torryowl said:

arnt clubs in germany fan owned ?......if they are why would anyone bail them out if he cant own the club .

51% fan owned, I think. 

Sorry they have a 50 plus 1 rule, which means a company or private entity can't have a controlling stake. 

The controling stake has to be held by members of the club. However I believe there are exceptions. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Thanks 2

They are an absolutely huge club in Germany. If the worst happens then I presume they would go down to the regional leagues and reform. With their 50k stadium and fanbase it wouldn't take long for them to bounce back. Quite a few clubs seem to traverse the German leagues with momentum. 1860 Munich recently did the same after being kicked out of Bundesliga 2 into the 4th tier.