BREAKING NEWS - SKY AND EFL ANNOUNCE HOW FANS CAN WATCH GAMES

7 minutes ago, danx38 said:

did you use a VPN?

Yeah to get around the UK block on away games. 

Tried both methods on both devices on dodgy streams and it’s worked everytime faultlessly. Use the iFollow app and it always blocks the casting.

The only other way round I can see is an AppleTV box or an official Apple HDMi cable. Both of which cost a fortune and seem needless when I don’t struggle to cast anything else to the TV. 

Aside from this, like many others, I’ve got elderly relatives with season tickets who live alone. So the idea of being able to get them access to specifically the iFollow app, in the current climate, is an absolute minefield. 

24 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

HDMI cable to your TV from your PC and most tablets.

Make sure you get the correct size connectors. 

You need one end of the cable to have a large TV connector, and the other end a midi for a lap top or a mini for a tablet.

Guest Grandad

Have I understood this wrong?

If I forego a season ticket refund - I get to watch 30 Championship games on Sky 'for free'? Even though I have a Sky subscription, and midweek games in the Championship are free on red Button anyway?

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If I forego a season ticket refund - I get to watch 30 Championship games on Sky 'for free'? Even though I have a Sky subscription, and midweek games in the Championship are free on red Button anyway?

Yes you lucky devil!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yeah you’ve understood it wrong.

Ignore the Sky bit it’s just an announcement about how many games they’re showing.

The more important bit is that season ticket holders are getting free access to iFollow. That’s regardless of what your individual club decides to do re. refunds.

Edited by NeonLeon

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Fill ya boots

Owlstalk Shop

Guest paulvcooke
6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Yeah you’ve understood it wrong.

Ignore the Sky bit it’s just an announcement about how many games they’re showing.

The more important bit is that season ticket holders are getting free access to iFollow. That’s regardless of what your individual club decides to do re. refunds.

Has Wednesday's refund (or not) policy been announced yet, can't see anything on the website and only see Derby's in this thread? Or are some individuals just assuming that Wednesday's will be the same as Derby's? 

15 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Yeah to get around the UK block on away games. 

Tried both methods on both devices on dodgy streams and it’s worked everytime faultlessly. Use the iFollow app and it always blocks the casting.

The only other way round I can see is an AppleTV box or an official Apple HDMi cable. Both of which cost a fortune and seem needless when I don’t struggle to cast anything else to the TV. 

Aside from this, like many others, I’ve got elderly relatives with season tickets who live alone. So the idea of being able to get them access to specifically the iFollow app, in the current climate, is an absolute minefield. 

As an iFollow subscriber in Canada I can confirm that Apple TV box won't let you mirror from your laptop, or iPad,  to your TV...   I have tried and all you get is the commentary and a black screen...   You can try connecting your computer to the TV but picture quality gets a bit dodgy...

4 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

Has Wednesday's refund (or not) policy been announced yet, can't see anything on the website and only see Derby's in this thread? Or are some individuals just assuming that Wednesday's will be the same as Derby's? 

If I was a cynic I would presume most of  the championship clubs will have a "similar" policy

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

If I was a cynic I would presume ALL the championship clubs will have a "similar" policy

I would say it was more down to whether individual Chairmen were willing to take the finance hit or not. 

Luckily we got one that just might.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

As an iFollow subscriber in Canada I can confirm that Apple TV box won't let you mirror from your laptop, or iPad,  to your TV...   I have tried and all you get is the commentary and a black screen...   You can try connecting your computer to the TV but picture quality gets a bit dodgy...

It’s exactly why I suggested YouTube in the other thread yesterday.

We've used it before. It’s reliable. It’s widely available. Doesn’t rely people having specific bits of hardware. Works consistently across the board for all users.  It’s easy to navigate and access. It works full stop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

If I was a cynic I would presume ALL the championship clubs will have a "similar" policy

You are correct - Each club will definitely take different paths through the minefield;  but the ultimate end result will be an email from each club that will more or less say "Bend Over".... 

• Like 1

Guest paulvcooke
4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

789399954_giphy(9).gif.534b60fb5bedd043c9d40e88a74fd45d.gif

Why do some people reply to perfectly innocent questions with gif's? This board is so rude and hostile sometimes. Back to lurking for me I think.

Just now, paulvcooke said:

Why do some people reply to perfectly innocent questions with gif's? This board is so rude and hostile sometimes. Back to lurking for me I think.

GIF's aren't anything to be upset or annoyed by

They're used the world over

I wouldn't see it as rude or hostile at all?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, NeonLeon said:

It’s exactly why I suggested YouTube in the other thread yesterday.

We've used it before. It’s reliable. It’s widely available. Doesn’t rely people having specific bits of hardware. Works consistently across the board for all users.  It’s easy to navigate and access. It works full stop.

You Tube works well for MLS markets...  somehow they are able to "regionalize" the broadcast (not sure how they do it but I have seen it in action in both Seattle and Portland)...   

I would guess that they would geofence it to broadcast in UK only... but who knows...