In other news, Sheffield In Lockdown

Just now, room0035 said:

I work in Sheffield in normal time every single day except when the kids are on holiday and the traffic is lighter.

You missed my question mate (possibly deliberately)

I asked you how many times since the new roads were installed, has this grinding to a total halt happened in the city centre due to an accident?

You keep going on about it as though it's a critical issue

So how many times as it actually really happened?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

20190430_142856-800x445.jpg

Ah yeah...

All that out of date public transport polluting the air

Keep trying/trolling

Youre banging out enough posts that sooner or later ONE of them MIGHT be actually correct eventually

lol

Indeed the trams are great but that's a private company stagecoach running a profitable business, when the council ran the network with the ticket machines no one used the tram nd it was losing millions.

If you are at Catherdral take a walk down the road to the bus stops at snig hill and tell me how many of them have plums of smoke coming out of the back of them.

At Stannington where I live currently Mainline are running the old Yellow and red buses many of the are 20+ years old, you don't cross the road anywhere near them if you want to be able to breathe forget Co-vid the toxins will kill you first from a mainline bus. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Indeed the trams are great but that's a private company stagecoach running a profitable business, when the council ran the network with the ticket machines no one used the tram nd it was losing millions.

If you are at Catherdral take a walk down the road to the bus stops at snig hill and tell me how many of them have plums of smoke coming out of the back of them.

At Stannington where I live currently Mainline are running the old Yellow and red buses many of the are 20+ years old, you don't cross the road anywhere near them if you want to be able to breathe forget Co-vid the toxins will kill you first from a mainline bus. 

This is better than some of your anti-Chansiri rants :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Explain to me (I know you wont' as you're just trolling the thread but i'm asking purely for comedy purposes) what that has to do with the environment, or being an out of date transport network..

I will wait (probably forever) for you to come back to me..

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You missed my question mate (possibly deliberately)

I asked you how many times since the new roads were installed, has this grinding to a total halt happened in the city centre due to an accident?

You keep going on about it as though it's a critical issue

So how many times as it actually really happened?

In the last 3 months before Co Vid I would say on about 10 -15 occasions. When we got the rain in January the roads were impassible but that was also due to flooding and the old drainage systems into the river being tarmacked over.

Going down Derek Dooley way I now avoid and go through Kelham Island, or I would add about 20 minutes on to my journey time.

Working in the city centre you look forward to school holidays as the road traffic is cut by a third, but add all the roads dug up into the mix and the whole road network is not fit for purpose.

Previous to my current job I work at the old Sheffield airport site and lucky I travel out of the city not into it because on a good morning cars only start queue at about the Cash and carry turn off coming into the city, a bad day the traffic can stretch all the way up to the Catcliffe junction. 

Ask anyone who works in the city was it quicker to get into the city before or after Derek Dooley way being built and you will probably get most people who actually working in Sheffield agreeing with me Derek Dooley Way has been yet another massive waste of money. 

I've re-read this thread

I'm totally absolutely and completely baffled by @room0035's logic

I can't figure out what's in his head, how he thinks or what his beliefs are

He seems to be all over the shop on the subject of Sheffield

Jumping from one tangent to the other, avoiding any scrutiny or challenge of his beliefs or understanding, and just rambling onto the next outrageous statement.

lol

It's classic trolling and I'm applauding it

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In the last 3 months before Co Vid I would say on about 10 -15 occasions. When we got the rain in January the roads were impassible but that was also due to flooding and the old drainage systems into the river being tarmacked over.

Going down Derek Dooley way I now avoid and go through Kelham Island, or I would add about 20 minutes on to my journey time.

Working in the city centre you look forward to school holidays as the road traffic is cut by a third, but add all the roads dug up into the mix and the whole road network is not fit for purpose.

BM0D8qqCcAAcWKj.jpg

You're not moaning about the real road network here, you're talking about ROAD IMPROVEMENT BUILDING WORK that's going on ffs

Just.. just STOP IT

Stop getting roads WRONG

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

This thread is fast becoming a classic!

I'm considering tonight posting a bullet pointed list of things that @room0035 is saying he wants or things/roads that Sheffield should have.

Then a bullet point list of things that he thinks Sheffield shouldn't have/do.

It'll be mindboggling

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

For an alleged greeny - There is a reason we don't drain straight from the roads into rivers anymore I thought you would be all over that 

Pray tell me why we don't have water running off the roads into the river anymore????

During this Covid 19 outbreak I'm not ashamed to say that I've been heavily attached to alcohol at night to get me through it.

Around 5:30pm I'll have a few lagers whilst relaxing, sometimes more

It's a coping mechanism

Sometimes I'll have loads and have a party in my pants and dance around my living room to Youtube music videos.

So I'm speaking from a position of ultimate experience here.

I'm starting to wonder if our good friend @room0035 does a similar thing but has got his clock's all muddled up and started way way way too early

Owlstalk Shop