Our Lowest Ebb?

On 06/05/2020 at 18:44, owlerfan1 said:

why would I want to pay money for a book that reminds me of the dross that I paid to watch for all those awful years

Everyone has a sneaky one about their ex at some point too

A great read Bearwood and brings it all back.

On Saturdays, my Grandad called me ‘Jonah’ for the first 10+ years of my life before we got promoted in 79-80..

Books like this help remind me that it wasn’t entirely my fault we were c.rap.  

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

unavailable on amazon?

Amazon have sold out of the copies they ordered in advance of publication, it'll be back on sale there on 29th May. I also sold all the copies I had for pre-order and the early orders, and Vertical are running short. I think I said above, genuinely, I have been amazed and taken aback by the interest and positive response to it.

Anyhow - if you'd like one now - I currently have 18 copies sat next to me - available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

Happy to post one out tomorrow from there - signed/dedicated if needed. Otherwise, Amazon, Waterstones and the rest will have it again from 29th May. 

Cheers and UTO,

John

1 minute ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Amazon have sold out of the copies they ordered in advance of publication, it'll be back on sale there on 29th May. I also sold all the copies I had for pre-order and the early orders, and Vertical are running short. I think I said above, genuinely, I have been amazed and taken aback by the interest and positive response to it.

Anyhow - if you'd like one now - I currently have 18 copies sat next to me - available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

Happy to post one out tomorrow from there - signed/dedicated if needed. Otherwise, Amazon, Waterstones and the rest will have it again from 29th May. 

Cheers and UTO,

John

Very good of you to offer to lend people some money in these difficult times.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Very good of you to offer to lend people some money in these difficult times.

:biggrin:

Hahaha - unfortunately the website asks for some cash :) Itll be a bit cheaper on Amazon, but then the money goes to Jeff Bezos - and I reckon he has enough already!

4 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Cheers and UTO,

John

Just ordered it but forgot to put in i wanted it signed  and dedicated 

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2020 at 20:13, Bearwood Owl1 said:

One last plug 🙂 A second set of really kind comments. I've got 20 more arriving with me on Wednesday that I'll happily send straight out and sign/dedicate as requested. Cheers and UTO, 

John
https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

image.png.33878dc9729f6694d3659a5ed95113b1.png

John
Very good read and brought back many memories.
Have you consider a sequel covering the next few seasons?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, moodymaz said:

John
Very good read and brought back many memories.
Have you consider a sequel covering the next few seasons?

Thank you - hope there were some positive memories in there :)

I'm a bit torn on a sequel. Maybe something on the happier times under HW back in D1 84-86 or thereabouts. 

If I did another football misery-lit one then maybe the best team to go down 89-90 would be a good one 

Going to mull it over for a while.

Just now, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Thank you - hope there were some positive memories in there :)

I'm a bit torn on a sequel. Maybe something on the happier times under HW back in D1 84-86 or thereabouts. 

If I did another football misery-lit one then maybe the best team to go down 89-90 would be a good one 

Going to mull it over for a while.

I'd LOVE a Jack Charlton/Howard Wilkinson era

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd LOVE a Jack Charlton/Howard Wilkinson era

I agree - massive topic though, so would need to break it down a bit. I do want to do something else (it's been really good fun researching and writing this). Just taking a bit of time to nail down what to look at :)

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I agree - massive topic though, so would need to break it down a bit. I do want to do something else (it's been really good fun researching and writing this). Just taking a bit of time to nail down what to look at :)

Fair enough just do GARY SHELTON then

lol

Winner

Owlstalk Shop