Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Where can you get it?

tried amazon all week...unavailable

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/products

 

Amazon sold all there's it seems! I've got some available from the link - will get straight in the post, and sign/dedicate if you like. 

 

Genuinely appreciate your interest by the way. Hope you enjoy it if and when you sort a copy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, panda800 said:

Kin hell Bruce forsyth Diana dors and strippers 😀

I've said it's not all miserable 😀😀😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I've said it's not all miserable 😀😀😀

Just finished it   a fantastic read  i  did have to put my cup of coffee down when I was reading about  wm Lee  I didnt want to get stains  on my  book😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/products

 

Amazon sold all there's it seems! I've got some available from the link - will get straight in the post, and sign/dedicate if you like. 

 

Genuinely appreciate your interest by the way. Hope you enjoy it if and when you sort a copy 🙂

Thats very kind of you mate....just bought it from your link ...really looking forward to the read....should cheer me up...Which is somehow f.ookin' ridiculous lol

 

seriously ta v much 

 

Edited by asteener1867

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confusing title for some. Should’ve titled it When We Wuz Crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Confusing title for some. Should’ve titled it When We Wuz Crap

Yea but Simon....just HOW big would that Tome be?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea but Simon....just HOW big would that Tome be?

 

MASSIVE obvs lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats very kind of you mate....just bought it from your link ...really looking forward to the read....should cheer me up...Which is somehow f.ookin' ridiculous lol

 

seriously ta v much 

 

Excellent. Thank you :)

 

It'll be in the post tomorrow. It's got it's fair share of misery on the pitch - but I don't think it's a miserable read at all. Hence the title :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Excellent. Thank you 🙂

 

It'll be in the post tomorrow. It's got it's fair share of misery on the pitch - but I don't think it's a miserable read at all. Hence the title 🙂

No worries mate...I was there for most of it...I went for years in the 70's hardly  missing home or away....nowt to do with loyalty really...There was sod all else to do lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, panda800 said:

Just finished it   a fantastic read  i  did have to put my cup of coffee down when I was reading about  wm Lee  I didnt want to get stains  on my  book😂

Great stuff - read it in one day - some going that! Glad you enjoyed it :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No worries mate...I was there for most of it...I went for years in the 70's hardly  missing home or away....nowt to do with loyalty really...There was sod all else to do lol

Now that's one thing I didn't really consider when thinking about how loyal the fans were - that there was nowt else to do!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

I'd be delighted to :) The link there should work ok, I've sent a couple over so far - they seem to take about two weeks to arrive. 

I've ordered it thanks, if you could endorse it for me it would be greatly appreciated.

 

Cheers!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I've ordered it thanks, if you could endorse it for me it would be greatly appreciated.

 

Cheers!

Brilliant. Thank you! I'll post tomorrow and most definitely endorse it :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Brilliant. Thank you! I'll post tomorrow and most definitely endorse it :)

Really looking forward to reading it and reliving some old and treasured memories.

 

We might have been crap, but as a fan it was brilliant in it's own way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know theres a fair few buying this book because of nostalgia etc...but I honestly would recommend the younger fans have a read....just to sorta "prepare yourselves"

There are ways around Wednesday being f.ookin' abject....There are way around the catcalls of Blades , there are ways around the ridicule, the lack of press coverage..ways around turning bloody Look North off come a Monday morning.

What Wednesday fans did in the 70's...although Hillsborough was sometimes virtually denuded..was...

Just tip up everywhere else.....

Southend

Bury

Oxford

York

aldershot

Reading

charlton

port vale...etc etc etc

 

Hordes ..to watch what was mainly tat....

A team that could hardly pass, shoot or head the ball....Would come out into an away ground that was virtually a home game...It inspired them to go on and prove they could ...hardly pass, shoot or head the ball...but unmithered the fans still came and howled them on.....

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I know theres a fair few buying this book because of nostalgia etc...but I honestly would recommend the younger fans have a read....just to sorta "prepare yourselves"

There are ways around Wednesday being f.ookin' abject....There are way around the catcalls of Blades , there are ways around the ridicule, the lack of press coverage..ways around turning bloody Look North off come a Monday morning.

What Wednesday fans did in the 70's...although Hillsborough was sometimes virtually denuded..was...

Just tip up everywhere else.....

Southend

Bury

Oxford

York

aldershot

Reading

charlton

port vale...etc etc etc

 

Hordes ..to watch what was mainly tat....

A team that could hardly pass, shoot or head the ball....Would come out into an away ground that was virtually a home game...It inspired them to go on and prove they could ...hardly pass, shoot or head the ball...but unmithered the fans still came and howled them on.....

 

 


I could not put that better myself!

There was a period of 36 games between away wins... The fans certainly weren't turning out for the glory :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, anyone is still after a copy- the next 20 books I sell will come complete with a card signed by Willie Henderson. All the money from these will be donated to the Michelle Henderson Cervical Cancer Trust: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?uniqueVmgCharityUrl=MichelleHendersonCervicalCancerTrust Books available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com

 

Cheers and UTO :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Hi all, anyone is still after a copy- the next 20 books I sell will come complete with a card signed by Willie Henderson. All the money from these will be donated to the Michelle Henderson Cervical Cancer Trust: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?uniqueVmgCharityUrl=MichelleHendersonCervicalCancerTrust Books available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com

 

Cheers and UTO :)

  For those  who have got the book already Could we make a donation  for the card ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, panda800 said:

  For those  who have got the book already Could we make a donation  for the card ?

If you message me with your real name - I'll find the address, and send a card up. I'll donate your money then - which works out the same for everyone I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...