Our Lowest Ebb?

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Where can you get it?

tried amazon all week...unavailable

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/products

Amazon sold all there's it seems! I've got some available from the link - will get straight in the post, and sign/dedicate if you like. 

Genuinely appreciate your interest by the way. Hope you enjoy it if and when you sort a copy :)

18 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I've said it's not all miserable 😀😀😀

Just finished it   a fantastic read  i  did have to put my cup of coffee down when I was reading about  wm Lee  I didnt want to get stains  on my  book😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/products

Amazon sold all there's it seems! I've got some available from the link - will get straight in the post, and sign/dedicate if you like. 

Genuinely appreciate your interest by the way. Hope you enjoy it if and when you sort a copy 🙂

Thats very kind of you mate....just bought it from your link ...really looking forward to the read....should cheer me up...Which is somehow f.ookin' ridiculous lol

seriously ta v much 

Edited by asteener1867

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats very kind of you mate....just bought it from your link ...really looking forward to the read....should cheer me up...Which is somehow f.ookin' ridiculous lol

seriously ta v much 

Excellent. Thank you :)

It'll be in the post tomorrow. It's got it's fair share of misery on the pitch - but I don't think it's a miserable read at all. Hence the title :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Excellent. Thank you 🙂

It'll be in the post tomorrow. It's got it's fair share of misery on the pitch - but I don't think it's a miserable read at all. Hence the title 🙂

No worries mate...I was there for most of it...I went for years in the 70's hardly  missing home or away....nowt to do with loyalty really...There was sod all else to do lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panda800 said:

Just finished it   a fantastic read  i  did have to put my cup of coffee down when I was reading about  wm Lee  I didnt want to get stains  on my  book😂

Great stuff - read it in one day - some going that! Glad you enjoyed it :)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No worries mate...I was there for most of it...I went for years in the 70's hardly  missing home or away....nowt to do with loyalty really...There was sod all else to do lol

Now that's one thing I didn't really consider when thinking about how loyal the fans were - that there was nowt else to do!!

9 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

I'd be delighted to :) The link there should work ok, I've sent a couple over so far - they seem to take about two weeks to arrive. 

I've ordered it thanks, if you could endorse it for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Brilliant. Thank you! I'll post tomorrow and most definitely endorse it :)

Really looking forward to reading it and reliving some old and treasured memories.

We might have been crap, but as a fan it was brilliant in it's own way.

• Like 1

I know theres a fair few buying this book because of nostalgia etc...but I honestly would recommend the younger fans have a read....just to sorta "prepare yourselves"

There are ways around Wednesday being f.ookin' abject....There are way around the catcalls of Blades , there are ways around the ridicule, the lack of press coverage..ways around turning bloody Look North off come a Monday morning.

What Wednesday fans did in the 70's...although Hillsborough was sometimes virtually denuded..was...

Just tip up everywhere else.....

Southend

Bury

Oxford

York

aldershot

Reading

charlton

port vale...etc etc etc

Hordes ..to watch what was mainly tat....

A team that could hardly pass, shoot or head the ball....Would come out into an away ground that was virtually a home game...It inspired them to go on and prove they could ...hardly pass, shoot or head the ball...but unmithered the fans still came and howled them on.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I know theres a fair few buying this book because of nostalgia etc...but I honestly would recommend the younger fans have a read....just to sorta "prepare yourselves"

There are ways around Wednesday being f.ookin' abject....There are way around the catcalls of Blades , there are ways around the ridicule, the lack of press coverage..ways around turning bloody Look North off come a Monday morning.

What Wednesday fans did in the 70's...although Hillsborough was sometimes virtually denuded..was...

Just tip up everywhere else.....

Southend

Bury

Oxford

York

aldershot

Reading

charlton

port vale...etc etc etc

Hordes ..to watch what was mainly tat....

A team that could hardly pass, shoot or head the ball....Would come out into an away ground that was virtually a home game...It inspired them to go on and prove they could ...hardly pass, shoot or head the ball...but unmithered the fans still came and howled them on.....

I could not put that better myself!

There was a period of 36 games between away wins... The fans certainly weren't turning out for the glory :)

Hi all, anyone is still after a copy- the next 20 books I sell will come complete with a card signed by Willie Henderson. All the money from these will be donated to the Michelle Henderson Cervical Cancer Trust: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?uniqueVmgCharityUrl=MichelleHendersonCervicalCancerTrust Books available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com

Cheers and UTO :)

14 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Hi all, anyone is still after a copy- the next 20 books I sell will come complete with a card signed by Willie Henderson. All the money from these will be donated to the Michelle Henderson Cervical Cancer Trust: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?uniqueVmgCharityUrl=MichelleHendersonCervicalCancerTrust Books available from: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com

Cheers and UTO :)

For those  who have got the book already Could we make a donation  for the card ?

59 minutes ago, panda800 said:

For those  who have got the book already Could we make a donation  for the card ?

If you message me with your real name - I'll find the address, and send a card up. I'll donate your money then - which works out the same for everyone I think.