Chansiri Interview - Part 3

The main issue I have is that there are fans out there including in this thread (Royal D etc) who aren't actually spending their time discussing any of the points Chansiri has raised/said. 

They're instead using all their energy up solely attacking the fact that any questions should be asked of Chansiri

Nothing about the points raised or questions asked specifically, but more or less that no questions should ever be raised once Chansiri has given an answer

Thats' worrying there are fans out there that feel like that. Especially when you look at our league position, form, transfer history, FFP and EFL charges, selling our ground etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to clarify for those still struggling to grasp the concept...

I like Dom Howson

I think he puts together some interesting articles usually.

On this occasion where he's posted the Charlton comparison I believe that's poor form from him, that he shouldn't be doing stuff like that, and that this one article is bordering on absolute downright propaganda for Chansiri.

Doesn't mean I hate Dom Howson, think he's a lousy journalist etc 

I just have an issue with this series of exclusive interviews.

Other than that I think Dom's ok and I read his articles all the time,.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Jesus.

Are you suggesting that you are prepared to balance your opinion? 

40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This has still not been satisfactorily resolved. And each time it is referred to, there is a sense of evasion and vagueness about the answer. Last time I brought this up you replied with a quote from the chairman saying he was a 'special advisor' and that was it. How in the world does that fully describe the depth of his involvement? There are all sorts of potential issues such as a rumoured financial commitment, how much influence he has over crucial decisions such as recruitment and the much speculated conflict of interest with some of his other concerns. And if he has played a significant role in our decline of the last couple of years, to what degree can he (or should he) be held accountable?

That bit says it all really.

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

got mates at Twitter.

internally they don’t regard themselves as social media, they regard themselves as a news channel

sound like the usual fruity bunch that put stuff on Twitter 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that the only thing you took from that whole statement?

No. 

But that is a thing that I notice from a lot of statements not only on here but a lot of social media.

I'm not singling out anyone in particular but people quote a rumour someone else quotes it and the next thing it is gospel.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

That bit says it all really.

What you've done is absolutely casebook for someone wanting to avoid the issue. If one point in a hundred makes you raise your eyebrow with a petulant, cynical rejection then the other ninety-nine can be dismissed without further examination. Throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Just now, Hookowl said:

No. 

But that is a thing that I notice from a lot of statements not only on here but a lot of social media.

I'm not singling out anyone in particular but people quote a rumour someone else quotes it and the next thing it is gospel.

Can't be gospel if the quote above for example says 'rumoured'

e.g. it was a rumour

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

What you've done is absolutely casebook for someone wanting to avoid the issue. If one point in a hundred makes you raise your eyebrow with a petulant, cynical rejection then the other ninety-nine can be dismissed without further examination. Throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Not sure what issue I'm wanting to avoid by not taking as gospel what someone states as being a rumour.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

No. 

There's a bit more than rumour to it.

From that article regarding Dan Petrescu being usurped as our manager for Carvalhal...

Based on documents obtained by the German news magazine DER SPIEGEL and passed to the European Investigative Collaborations network. 

I suspect that sworn affidavits , signed documents and CCTV footage might be rather beyond the scope of the average Owlstalker. But ask yourself, does the way the club is being operated lend credence to some of the worst suggestions or not? Just one example - why are so many of our signings related to Doyen Sports (or whatever it calls itself now)?

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

No. 

It’s a valid point to be fair 

Then our terrible local journalists lazily pick up on it and it’s in a newspaper or on their Twitter page with a wider audience 

Then it becomes an issue - from nothing 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

Then our terrible local journalists lazily pick up on it and it’s in a newspaper or on their Twitter page with a wider audience 

Hang on...

Only a few posts back you were hurtling accusations at Twitter that it was the place rumours originated

Make your mind up

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, torres said:

Please don’t criticise local journalists. Focus on their content.

Unless they are moving away from independent reporting - in your opinion - and turning into propaganda machines - in your opinion 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3