Chansiri Interview - Part 3

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 13.20.13.jpg

I've not said much on Dom Howson having the only interview with Chansiri.

It's questionable why Chansiri has excluded all the other press (Chris Holt, Rob Staton etc) and declined their interviews though

But this suggestion from Dom Howson that we should be grateful we have Chansiri, and not to take him for granted because something like Charlton could happen to us.... 

That's going beyond independent reporting and is turning instead into a propaganda machine

No wonder he's getting the exclusive interviews...

Disgraceful.

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Not responding to emails.

He’s hardly likely to respond to every fans email, but he does engage with it , hence the last ‘fans forum’

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s hardly likely to respond to every fans email, but he does engage with it , hence the last ‘fans forum’

The one where he told everyone he knows more about football than most people there, and who got everyone laughing at Sheffield United who went on to promotion that season?

That fans forum?

The one where he said he was going to sell up (widely reported the next day in the press)

E.g The Guardian report below...

The Sheffield Wednesday owner, Dejphon Chansiri, has told fans he is putting the Championship club up for sale.

Speaking at a fans’ forum on Wednesday night, Chansiri said he believed there was plenty of interest in the club despite off-field problems that led to Wednesday being placed under a transfer embargo for much of the summer. “I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy,” he said.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The one where he told everyone he knows more about football than most people there, and who got everyone laughing at Sheffield United who went on to promotion that season?

That fans forum?

The one where he said he was going to sell up (widely reported the next day in the press)

no 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 13.20.13.jpg

I've not said much on Dom Howson having the only interview with Chansiri.

It's questionable why Chansiri has excluded all the other press (Chris Holt, Rob Staton etc) and declined their interviews though

But this suggestion from Dom Howson that we should be grateful we have Chansiri, and not to take him for granted because something like Charlton could happen to us.... 

That's going beyond independent reporting and is turning instead into a propaganda machine

No wonder he's getting the exclusive interviews...

Disgraceful.

That’s a poor article from Dom.

Basically pushing the agenda that just accept it and support the team, despite the rip off prices, crap atmosphere, crap results and crap performances.

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The fans forum that always leaves more questions than answers?

Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri says he is putting the Championship club up for sale.

The Thai businessman, who bought the Owls in 2015, told a fans' forum he would put the club on the market.

The Owls are currently 18th in the Championship, with fans unhappy with manager Jos Luhukay, and were under a transfer embargo which ended in August.

"I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy," Chansiri told the forum.

Chansiri bought the club from former Portsmouth and Leicester City owner Milan Mandaric almost four years ago.

But recently then the club has seen problems off the field, with the Owls placed under a transfer embargo between April and August this year after breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

Under the English Football League's profitability and sustainability rules clubs are not allowed to post losses in excess of £39m over three years without punishment.

The last available financial figures show the Owls lost more than £20m in 2016-17, an increase of £15m on the previous year.

Wednesday made just one permanent signing and two loan signings before the transfer window closed at the end of August.

"The EFL changed the regulations at the end of last season. We didn't just break (FFP rules) a little, we broke them a lot - eight figures," he added to the forum.

"We have problems with FFP, so it is hard, but we will try our best.

"I am not looking to next season, I am looking now to solve FFP and how we can make this season as good as we can.

"If we can solve those problems now, then next season can be better."

Analysis

BBC Radio Sheffield sport editor Andy Giddings:

"The Sheffield Wednesday fans forum was at times heated which is understandable given the recent performances of the team.

"An emotional Chansiri then saved the most striking bit until last in announcing that he'd listen to offers for the club; A surprise move but not a total shock as there'd been rumours of talks in the background for a month or so.

"Both sides gave as good as they got in the debate about various issues, not least the future of the manager Jos Luhukay, but with other points more questions were left than answers."

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Basically pushing the agenda that just accept it and support the team, despite the rip off prices, crap atmosphere, crap results and crap performances.

Sealing the deal on landing the exclusive interviews big time

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What did you mean then?

The one where he invited fans to a meeting with him after they had emailed concerns, yes I’m aware it was on a small scale , so don’t care what you wanna call it 

Point was , someone said he doesn’t respond to emails , he does 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

The one where he invited fans to a meeting with him after they had emailed concerns, yes I’m aware it was on a small scale , so don’t care what you wanna call it 

Point was , someone said he doesn’t respond to emails , he does 

Got ya

Yeah it was referred to as a fans forum I guess

How many were there? 6?

He does respond to emails sometimes. 

End of the day he's a busy guy and I'd rather him crack on with fixing the problems at the club than sitting down and individually replying to every single fan that emails him their concerns.

But telling (the bigger) fans forums to email him and speak to him directly if you have any issues is a terrible approach if you aren't going to get back to every one of them

What's the point of that offer if he can't fulfill it's demand?

Utterly pointless to offer it, not fulfill it, then moan about fans not having facts when they criticise him

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doom gets interviews with Chansiri because he dosnt ask any awkward questions. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Got ya

Yeah it was referred to as a fans forum I guess

How many were there? 6?

He does respond to emails sometimes. 

End of the day he's a busy guy and I'd rather him crack on with fixing the problems at the club than sitting down and individually replying to every single fan that emails him their concerns.

But telling (the bigger) fans forums to email him and speak to him directly if you have any issues is a terrible approach if you aren't going to get back to every one of them

What's the point of that offer if he can't fulfill it's demand?

Utterly pointless to offer it, not fulfill it, then moan about fans not having facts when they criticise him

I don’t think he’s saying he will respond to every single email is he ?  Facts are people have emailed genuine concerns, he’s responded and a meeting was set up to discuss 

So to say he doesn’t respond just ain’t true is it, which was my point 

As for the ‘bigger’ fans forums , absolutely horrendous idea which should never be repeated , and I don’t care what regulations the EFL or FA have in place for

them to happen 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t think he’s saying he will respond to every single email is he ?  Facts are people have emailed genuine concerns, he’s responded and a meeting was set up to discuss 

So to say he doesn’t respond just ain’t true is it, which was my point 

The thing is though he says to our fanbase to get in touch face to face or via email if they have any criticism of the club/him.

Fans email him

6 of them get a meeting behind closed doors.

All the rest are disregarded

Fans on social media criticise, so Chansiri says (again) get in touch directly if you have any issues with me or the way the club is being ran

Fans email him.....

He can't possibly respond to them all (and doesn't as has been proven) so again I'll ask...

Why make that offer?

Owlstalk Shop

Abe Lincoln miss quote "You can please some of the people, all of the time, all of the people, some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"

If any one has any thing to say to him, then contact him in a sensible manner, not like some knuckle dragging yob.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Abe Lincoln miss quote "You can please some of the people, all of the time, all of the people, some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"

If any one has any thing to say to him, then contact him in a sensible manner, not like some knuckle dragging yob.

What are you wittering on about?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The thing is though he says to our fanbase to get in touch face to face or via email if they have any criticism of the club/him.

Fans email him

Fans on social media criticise, so Chansiri says (again) get in touch directly if you have any issues with me or the way the club is being ran

Fans email him.....

He can't possibly respond to them all (and doesn't as has been proven) so again I'll ask...

Why make that offer?

Yeah it’s not practicable to answer everyone, never will be 

For me I believe the face to face offers come about because whatever he puts out to the press nobody believes a word of and I think he believes it’s lost in the language barrier,  there’s only so many times he can answer a question , how many fans forums do you wanna set up for people to ask the same questions about Paxaio ??   People have made there minds up on so many of the issues , it’s utterly utterly pointless any journo wether it’s DH , RS or anyone else asking these questions 

They have ALL been answered, from Paxaio , to the ticket prices , to why Almen flippingAbdi was signed 

People don’t believe him, there minds are made up , but they still cry out for these questions to be asked 

Baffles me sorry 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans email him

Fans email him.....

Why make that offer?

Think it was 5

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah it’s not practicable to answer everyone, never will be 

For me I believe the face to face offers come about because whatever he puts out to the press nobody believes a word of and I think he believes it’s lost in the language barrier,  there’s only so many times he can answer a question , how many fans forums do you wanna set up for people to ask the same questions about Paxaio ??   People have made there minds up on so many of the issues , it’s utterly utterly pointless any journo wether it’s DH , RS or anyone else asking these questions 

They have ALL been answered, from Paxaio , to the ticket prices , to why Almen flippingAbdi was signed 

People don’t believe him, there minds are made up , but they still cry out for these questions to be asked 

Baffles me sorry 

I guess it will baffle you if you're the sort of fan who takes everything that comes out of the club (*or Dom Howson now) as absolute gospel, or think that it's been fully explained to the point where there can't really be any dispute or questions around it

If you're a fan who looks at a part of the answers Chansiri has given and thought that there may be more to it, or that the question's been glossed over to give a generic answer then yeah you'll want more information.

Remember that everyone's a fan, wanting the best for the club, and those who question the way the club is ran (no matter who is the current chairman at the time) are in no way attacking Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Owlstalk Shop