Chansiri Interview - Part 3

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Challenge him about Doyen/Paxaio ?  Hasn’t that already been done to death ??  

We signed players with Doyen links because we had an agreement with doyen when Chansiri bought the club 

If it has been done to death then surely you would be able to debate the point with clear answers that have been given rather than just slate people for it, as has been the case a few times in this thread.

You could spend as much time providing the clear answers that have been given as you do having a go at others raising questions.

59 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just because someone has a different opinion to you it doesn't make it 'pathetic'.

I don't believe everything footballtyper or whoever it may be writes about this issue but it is worth questioning. Not everything on this issue is as black and white as taking one side as gospel.

If he is the owners personal advisor why doesn't he have a defined role at the club and why has it been so difficult to get to these stage of talking about him at all? The owner feels he doesn't need a director of football but takes transfer advice from someone who has primarily worked in football as being an agent. 

DC states he doesn't need a director of football as we have a team of people he goes to on this. Paixao is regarding as his personal advisor. This is a person seen at matches with the owner and in team meetings sat with the coaching staff. 

Our previous manager described him as very much a part of the fabric of the club - a club who have a website detailing the role of key staff but this person is never mentioned.

We don't have a director of football and it is stated we don't need one but do take significant advice on transfers from a man described as the owners personal advisor on football matters - a man whose history in the sport is that of an agent.

Do you not think this is worthy of debate among Sheffield Wednesday fans?

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I personally think is as laughable as you lot think supporting the owner is 

Love these quotes

They typically come after any official club communication 

They usually have zero substance behind them and are a blanket quote tossed out lazily by someone who fears change.

Theyre also people who can’t debate because they can’t cope with the fact that someone’s opinions differ from their own.

They think having a different opinion to theirs means the other person is not as good a fan as they are.

Things to look out for if you’ve not yet spotted them are ‘a few on here’ or ‘you lot on here’ where ‘on here’ is used because the people they are referring to simply don’t exist

Also watch out for the term ‘agendas’ where again because there is no fact behind what these people are saying they just throw the word ‘agenda’ in as though they really exist

Again no detail will be given on this.

None.

Because there are no agendas.

When you read the site the same people throw these phrases around yet always hit and run 

They just nip into a thread and post YOUR LOT ON HERE... you’ve all got... AGENDAS’ then run off because any scrutiny of what they are saying collapses at the first questioning of it. 

See if you can spot these people when they post about these mysterious agendas or use the term ‘you lot’ or ‘people on here’

See if you can spot em...

Owlstalk Shop

There is nothing wrong with Doyen in principle, as long as you are getting good players out of the deal and they are not actively taking the pi55 out of you. 

I'm sure plenty of clubs have similar set ups with player recruitment agencies and agents. I think Wolves have that Portuguese super agent as a key adviser or something. 

The difference is, he has been responsible for Wolves signing Neves, Moutinho etc., whilst our relationship with Doyen saw us getting in Urby Emanuelson. 

Who benefited most out of the Sheffield Wednesday/Doyen relationship? 

I think we all know the answer to that. 

Edited by SiJ

Some people ought to read more. There are some troubling things in here that beg certain questions about how things have been in the last five years and how they might be in the future. No doubt you'll shrug it off as 'some bloke on Twitter' even though it includes documents submitted to one of Germany's foremost publications and even the involvement of the Spanish courts. It seems to me quite clear that recent developments lead to some perfectly reasonable concerns about where we are going and how we are getting there.

https://theblacksea.eu/stories/football-leaks/football-leaks-the-dirty-tricks-of-doyen-sports/

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/football/2019/jul/17/spain-probes-football-leaks-target-doyen-sports-2005354.html

https://footballtyper.com/2018/03/05/under-the-influence/

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Summarise the entire interview in one sentence:

"I am doing a fantastic job, and all of the club's subjective struggles are solely due to bad luck"

:Chansiri:

Summarise the response to that one sentence for some people:

"That answers everything, so shut up and be happy."

:bullen:

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Summarise the entire interview in one sentence:

"I am doing a fantastic job, and all of the club's subjective struggles are solely due to bad luck"

:Chansiri:

And we're expected to just say 'ok that's totally fine' and not challenge it at all

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve said before it was pointless DC giving an interview because what’s was always likely to happen has happened.

You either believe the answers he’s given or you don’t? There is some fans who want him out regardless of anything he has or hasn’t said in this interview. 

I don’t deny he could have done something’s better than he has done. He’ll probably be aware of this himself? That said he’s going to be our owner for the foreseeable future, so as I see it we either support him the best we can or we don’t? It’s our choice is it not?

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve said before it was pointless DC giving an interview because what’s was always likely to happen has happened.

You either believe the answers he’s given or you don’t? There is some fans who want him out regardless of anything he has or hasn’t said in this interview. 

I don’t deny he could have done something’s better than he has done. He’ll probably be aware of this himself? That said he’s going to be our owner for the foreseeable future, so as I see it we either support him the best we can or we don’t? It’s our choice is it not?

So basically sit down, shut up, and just take what you're served?

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically sit down, shut up, and just take what you're served?

Have I said that? OK you get on the front foot, tell him how the fan base feels then see how it pans out. Could end up like Dave Allen all over again and no one on here including yourself particularly wants to find themselves in that situation again, surely?

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Have I said that? OK you get on the front foot, tell him how the fan base feels then see how it pans out. 

I don't know how the fanbase feels nor would I ever speak on their behalf.

I think the new Owls Trust is going to try and do that.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

And there we have it 

I bet FootballTyper has spent more hours collating more information on this subject than you have, and knows more than you ever will on the subject.

But you just dismiss him and his information, and instead tell people they should shut up and stop questioning the chairman over his answers to the only journalist permitted to talk to him

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't know how the fanbase feels nor would I ever speak on their behalf.

I think the new Owls Trust is going to try and do that.

The fan base feels as it always will. Some are pro-club, some are anti-club, others probably don’t care less? Probably the same at every club TBH? Things just get magnified when things aren’t going well on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The fan base feels as it always will. Some are pro-club, some are anti-club, others probably don’t care less? Probably the same at every club TBH? Things just get magnified when things aren’t going well on the pitch?

You think we have fans who are 'anti-club' 😳😳😳

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Explain Anti-Club for me mate - I'm struggling to understand what you mean by that

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Explain Anti-Club for me mate - I'm struggling to understand what you mean by that

Anti-club might be the wrong description? I meant fans who disagree with club/Chansiri policy. After all they do exist whether it be rightly or wrongly. Doesn’t particularly bother me as I’ve said before everyone’s entitled to an opinion whatever that opinion might be?

Mine is the Chairman has made mistakes but I think as far as the clubs concerned, his heart is in the right place. There will be fans that disagree with this opinion. Fair enough.

Edited by Great Big Galaa