Chansiri Interview - Part 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No I didn't

Please don't make stuff up

My exact quote was "That's going beyond independent reporting and is turning instead into a propaganda machine"

sorry.

you said he wasn’t independent and was turning into a propaganda machine

my bad

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This has still not been satisfactorily resolved. And each time it is referred to, there is a sense of evasion and vagueness about the answer. Last time I brought this up you replied with a quote from the chairman saying he was a 'special advisor' and that was it. How in the world does that fully describe the depth of his involvement? There are all sorts of potential issues such as a rumoured financial commitment, how much influence he has over crucial decisions such as recruitment and the much speculated conflict of interest with some of his other concerns. And if he has played a significant role in our decline of the last couple of years, to what degree can he (or should he) be held accountable?

For the love of god, Paxaio is a personal advisor to the owner , what’s the need for a minute by minute breakdown on what he does ??  Oh yeah ... thats reyt , it’s because you believe what some guy writes on his Twitter account and want the chairman to respond to his every claim 

Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But you have questioned any adult using twitter. They get genuine football news quickly from Twitter and discuss football with like-minded people without the veil of being anonymous - I'd say that is more 'adult' than constantly posting on here in some respects.

As for making news from no real substance - that never happens on here, ever........ 

not using it, not at all 

it’s excellent for news, business, organisations etc 

Read it and leave it 

Anything else seems a bit pointless to me, like Facebook 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I reserve the right to question anyone anytime. It's how life works mate

Not sure why you're even bringing that up?

Bizarre 

Some have done that previously and you have jumped on them for doing so

There are other similar threads where you have done this recently and I am not the only one to refer to it in this thread so maybe not as bizarre as you think?

2 minutes ago, torres said:

not using it, not at all 

Read it and leave it 

But having 11,000+ posts on this forum is more adult and less pointless?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, torres said:

not using it, not at all 

Read it and leave it 

got mates at Twitter.

internally they don’t regard themselves as social media, they regard themselves as a news channel

Just to clarify for those still struggling to grasp the concept...

I like Dom Howson

I think he puts together some interesting articles usually.

On this occasion where he's posted the Charlton comparison I believe that's poor form from him, that he shouldn't be doing stuff like that, and that this one article is bordering on absolute downright propaganda for Chansiri.

Doesn't mean I hate Dom Howson, think he's a lousy journalist etc 

I just have an issue with this series of exclusive interviews.

Other than that I think Dom's ok and I read his articles all the time,.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Jesus.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Some have done that previously and you have jumped on them for doing so

There are other similar threads where you have done this recently and I am not the only one to refer to it in this thread so maybe not as bizarre as you think?

Ownership privileges mate.

I’d probably do the same tbh. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Just to clarify for those still struggling to grasp the concept...

I like Dom Howson

I think he puts together some interesting articles usually.

On this occasion where he's posted the Charlton comparison I believe that's poor form from him, that he shouldn't be doing stuff like that, and that this one article is bordering on absolute downright propaganda for Chansiri.

Doesn't mean I hate Dom Howson, think he's a lousy journalist etc 

I just have an issue with this series of exclusive interviews.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Jesus.

Just like people didn’t like the Biggs at large article...and apparently they wasn’t cool 

:ghoulguy:

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

For the love of god, Paxaio is a personal advisor to the owner , what’s the need for a minute by minute breakdown on what he does ??  Oh yeah ... thats reyt , it’s because you believe what some guy writes on his Twitter account and want the chairman to respond to his every claim 

Pathetic 

Just because someone has a different opinion to you it doesn't make it 'pathetic'.

I don't believe everything footballtyper or whoever it may be writes about this issue but it is worth questioning. Not everything on this issue is as black and white as taking one side as gospel.

If he is the owners personal advisor why doesn't he have a defined role at the club and why has it been so difficult to get to these stage of talking about him at all? The owner feels he doesn't need a director of football but takes transfer advice from someone who has primarily worked in football as being an agent. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But yeah with regards to players, staff and chairman etc - it's very difficult for them to stay away

Football is emotive 

A lot gets posted on here/twitter that is spur on the moment, emotional and not thought out 

Its the virtual equivalent of the pub after a match 

I wouldn’t advise players to pop into the pub after BUT at least you know those people have been to the match, put their money in and made the effort 

On here and Twitter the same can’t be said - there are some excellent posts/opinions/points of views on here from people that care a lot - it’s the small percentage of bile that would distort a players view 

If they had anything about them they should know to avoid the temptation for their own good 

So tell me again ... what’s point in Chansiri talking when owt he says is ridiculed and trashed by people who believe they know better because some guy on Twitter is posting the ‘real truth’ ??

1 minute ago, torres said:

Football is emotive 

A lot gets posted on here/twitter that is spur on the moment, emotional and not thought out 

Its the virtual equivalent of the pub after a match 

I wouldn’t advise players to pop into the pub after BUT at least you know those people have been to the match, put their money in and made the effort 

On here and Twitter the same can’t be said - there are some excellent posts/opinions/points of views on here from people that care a lot - it’s the small percentage of bile that would distort a players view 

If they had anything about them they should know to avoid the temptation for their own good 

What about those who have watched the full match online?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So tell me again ... what’s point in Chansiri talking when owt he says is ridiculed and trashed by people who believe they know better because some guy on Twitter is posting the ‘real truth’ ??

It's precisely the exact same principle as debating this issue with YOU ironically...

You don't listen to anything anyone says and don't believe a word they say on the whole questioning what Chansiri says thing

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's precisely the exact same principle as debating this issue with YOU ironically...

You don't listen to anything anyone says and don't believe a word they say on the whole questioning what Chansiri says thing

lol

I’ve questioned him many times

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Pathetic 

Goebbels, Himmler, Goring, Speer and Bormann were 'personal advisors' too. :dry: Obviously I'm not drawing a direct comparison; just exaggerating a point.

Have you read that article posted several times about how Dan Petrescu was all but signed up as our manager and then suddenly replaced by Carvalhal? Are you comfortable with that methodology and what it says about our current plight? Don't you think some serious questions need to be asked about how and why our recruitment has at times been so haphazard and financially unsustainable? Aren't you at all concerned that our operations are possibly beholden to some extent to outside concerns who are looking after their own interests before those of the club? Do you not wonder why our financial strategy has been so reckless?

And if we are punished by a points deduction, transfer embargo and subsequently relegation, don't you think we should at least have some understanding of how that happened, who was responsible and how things might be rectified?

Or are you just the kind who doesn't trouble themselves, lest their cosy little paradigm be upset and spend most of your energy defending it from those who do ask those kind of questions?