Alex Hunt, Borukov and Preston

All three of these, contracts are expiring at the end of the season, which would you renew and why?

my take:

Hunt: looks most promising of the 3 and, alongside Ozaze and Penney, looks the most promising academy product currently (excluding Dawson and Wildsmith). Sign him up

Borukov: previous touted to be a future first team player, however development looks to have stunted slightly. I’m torn.

Preston: played more minutes that both of the other two, but I have the feeling he needs a loan move or too to get some experience, however I’m not sure he has the potential to play at this level. Keep if we get relegated, otherwise release.

There are a couple of blokes on here who watch their matches quite a lot, their input would be a good, I don't know much about them to be honest,

so would be nice to hear from some one who does.

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, daleblue said:

There are a couple of blokes on here who watch their matches quite a lot, their input would be a good, I don't know much about them to be honest,

so would be nice to hear from some one who does.

I've seen a fair few.

Hunt was always my favourite, great on the ball, great vision. Needs to grow out!

Borukov is pants

Preston is hit and miss. Should be playing L2 or similar

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

All three of these, contracts are expiring at the end of the season, which would you renew and why?

my take:

Hunt: looks most promising of the 3 and, alongside Ozaze and Penney, looks the most promising academy product currently (excluding Dawson and Wildsmith). Sign him up

Borukov: previous touted to be a future first team player, however development looks to have stunted slightly. I’m torn.

Preston: played more minutes that both of the other two, but I have the feeling he needs a loan move or too to get some experience, however I’m not sure he has the potential to play at this level. Keep if we get relegated, otherwise release.

For me although he isn't a bad player Hunt is nothing special. Good on the ball, but lacking quickness and presence. In my opinion Waldock, Shaw and Grant are all more talented and more deserving of first team chance.

Borukov looks average even at U-23 level where his physical attributes should give him edge over most defenders, I can only imagine how hard he would find at at first team level.

Preston is a difference maker and our most dangerous player at U-23 level, but next to Stobbs he is one of oldest as well. I can't see him signing new deal even if we offer him one, think he will get first team football elsewhere.

In my opinion player we should look to develop is Irish midfielder Conor Grant. He is most skillful player in our U-23 side, his reaction time is great and acts very calm when under pressure. Then again I think he is used poorly even by our U-23 manager in a role that doesn't suit him the best.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord Tight Arse said:

I’d keep all 3... cheap in wages and we need a complete change around in the first team, which a lot will be leaving. Young hungry players, let’s give them a chance, we’ve got nowt to lose when ya look at the shower we’ve had to put up with so far...

It didn't turn out so well for Jos.

I don't know much about our U23 players except for match reports posted on here.

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't understand why these haven't been loaned out to league clubs to work out firstly whether they can cut it at professional level

Tbf Stobbs, Kirby and Penney were this season. But I agree we still need to do it with more players, despite the improvement.

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't understand why these haven't been loaned out to league clubs to work out firstly whether they can cut it at professional level

I cant believe any league club would want borukov …..preston when I first saw him a couple of years ago impressed no end but since then he seems to have stalled and again from the games ive seen this season I doubt any league club would be interested ….hunt's decent  but the best one this season imo is O'Brien whos got real aggression and ability  about him though he seems to have some sort of injury problem which I hope don't go against him when it comes to new contracts .