Article on The Athletic

12 hours ago, kingsidney said:

I’m sick of seeing this. 

why the hell should we be grateful for someone wilfully ignoring the rules and getting us multiple seasons of embargo’s and possible further sanctions and points deductions. 

spending loads of money he didn’t have to and wasn’t even allowed to isn’t big & isn’t clever.

it’s downright stupid.  

I detest the fact that our spiritual home, our Mecca, was sold from the club proper to fund gold elephants and indefensible player contracts bizarrely doled out.

15 hours ago, mkowl said:

Yes and no

So no in a logical sense that if the 3rd party does not exist how can you sell it something.

However you can agree to sell an asset to a 3rd party and that be determined or changed at the date of completion. 

It is legally called novating an agreement, so the new party agrees to take on the contract negotiated by the old party. 

From an accounting viewpoint we are looking from the SWFC context only,  if it can be shown there was a binding contract for sale at 31st July 2018 it would / could / should be included in the figures.

Ok it is unusual for sure when it comes to an asset sale, but for services to clients I am expected to add in an amount for work done at my year end that the clients would be contractually due to pay me, even if some of it even 2 months plus later I have yet to actually invoice them. 

Accounting concepts are a bit esoteric

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Appreciate it.

I guess its down to the binding contract and if there was one then.