24 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The one he saved was the one with his feet

You could potentially count that long range effort that bounced into his hands

And then I’m struggling...

So you aren’t counting the one immediately prior to the first goal?

11 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

... and his kicking under pressure leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly I starting to wonder what the hell Monk is doing.

How about we stop giving him knee high bouncing back passes then.....he makes a better job of them than Bannan and Forestieri do taking corners under absolutely no pressure at all

Usually as fans we take to our own players even if not the best u will them on to get better.

But With Dawson I’ve never really took to him. 

His whole body language seems wrong. He strolls about like not care in the world. 

Walks to fetch ball. Walks to kick it. Can’t kick it. Soooo slow. Like a cardboard cut out. 

When hekicks a moving ball he get under it like a sand wedge n spins it up high. 

When goal kick he either kicks it out of play or kicks aimlessly anywhere.

if by chance he tries aim foe someone it’s usuall Barry or today Fessi. Smallest ont pitch. 

His reactions at shots low are so slow he dives seconds late and lets majority of low shots on target to his sides in. 

Doesnt seem like a keeper, like kids at school who gets picked last so has to go in net. 

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Felt like more of a cross to me, but I mean I guess you could count that...but he did make an almighty mess of it, so...

So what......he saved the shot.....so nothing

1 minute ago, ozzieowl said:

Usually as fans we take to our own players even if not the best u will them on to get better.

But With Dawson I’ve never really took to him. 

His whole body language seems wrong. He strolls about like not care in the world. 

Walks to fetch ball. Walks to kick it. Can’t kick it. Soooo slow. Like a cardboard cut out. 

When hekicks a moving ball he get under it like a sand wedge n spins it up high. 

When goal kick he either kicks it out of play or kicks aimlessly anywhere.

if by chance he tries aim foe someone it’s usuall Barry or today Fessi. Smallest ont pitch. 

His reactions at shots low are so slow he dives seconds late and lets majority of low shots on target to his sides in. 

Doesnt seem like a keeper, like kids at school who gets picked last so has to go in net. 

Christ people completely making poo up now.......did we not have a goal kick in the first half then?

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

He paddled it needlessly to a forward and got beaten by a pea roller through his legs.

Quality keeping.

Anyway, back to my question - who would you start in goal in the next game?

Most managers pick a team based upon performances in training,,,,I don’t see that so aren’t qualified to answer

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

How about we stop giving him knee high bouncing back passes then.....he makes a better job of them than Bannan and Forestieri do taking corners under absolutely no pressure at all

Agreed but, as I said earlier, he's not getting much help from those in front of him.

That aside, kicking under pressure is a basic attribute that modern keepers need to be reasonably competent at.

This is like a carbon copy of the Jos situation.

Like he is under instruction to play him and get him ready as our future number one.

See in theory this is a good idea.

But Dawson still doesn't look ready for the pressures this brings.

Who knows if Westwood has been a tw@t or not.  We've got to be ready to sell him at the moment and cutting wages.  It's just at the moment this plan is not working. 

Got nothing to lose by giving Wildsmith a go and think about somehow think about getting a new keeper if need be.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Seriously? Not good enough! 

Let's face facts MONK needs to go!

Pack ya bags and plss off!

I’ve said from the minute Westwood was dropped that Dawson wasn’t good enough and I got hammered on here. Funny how everyone is now seeing exactly the same thing...(not a criticism of you by the way)

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Ian said:

So you aren’t counting the one immediately prior to the first goal?

Not technically a shot but half decent keeping that. Made one other good save after Lees was embarrassed. Apart from that his performance was as usual abysmal. I’ve never seen a keeper nutmegged TWICE in one game. He’s nowhere near good enough.

I’ve heard people say on here Dawson is a good shot stopper. Some of the recent games:

Brentford 6 shots on target, 5 goals conceded
Derby 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Birmingham 4 shots on target, 3 goals conceded

Reading 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Wigan 5 shots on target, 2 goals conceded 

Blackburn 9 shots on target, 5 goals conceded

Compare that to Wildsmith on Wednesday night where Man City had 9 shots on target and we only conceded once.

A keeper’s primary job is saving the ball when it’s going in the goal and Dawson is not doing very well at that.

I’m not sure Wildsmith is the answer either but he has to be given a run in the team if Westwood remains banished 

Just now, pat blondeau said:

I’ve heard people say on here Dawson is a good shot stopper. Some of the recent games:

Brentford 6 shots on target, 5 goals conceded
Derby 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Birmingham 4 shots on target, 3 goals conceded

Reading 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Wigan 5 shots on target, 2 goals conceded 

Blackburn 9 shots on target, 5 goals conceded

Compare that to Wildsmith on Wednesday night where Man City had 9 shots on target and we only conceded once.

A keeper’s primary job is saving the ball when it’s going in the goal and Dawson is not doing very well at that.

I’m not sure Wildsmith is the answer either but he has to be given a run in the team if Westwood remains banished 

Interesting that because according to most on here the primary job of a keeper is to set up attacks with his feet

Also there’s shots and there’s shots......snap shots with defenders putting pressure on is one thing.....having all the time in the world to pick your spot whilst defenders look on without a care in the world is another 

• Haha 1