7 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

if it wasn't so tragic for us it would be laughable at what clown Monk is doing to our club  how many goals shipped by Dawson in say the last 5 league games 

Forget the last 5 league games, even over the season he’s conceded 34 goals in just 24 games.

Yep soon as saw Dawson in net thought back to same . Team looked tight against city with joe behind. Why change it??? Defended monk but no excuse for not playing joe today. Same as Nando why drop him and not da Cruz . 

5 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Seriously? Not good enough! 

Let's face facts MONK needs to go!

Pack ya bags and plss off!

Can I ask what made you start a thread called Dawson! and not one called Palmer, Fox, Lees, Iorfa, Pelupessy, Bannon, Da Cruz, Forestieri or Wickham all or who were all at least as much to blame today, some significantly more so?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Can I ask what made you start a thread called Dawson! and not one called Palmer, Fox, Lees, Iorfa, Pelupessy, Bannon, Da Cruz, Forestieri or Wickham all or who were all at least as much to blame today, some significantly more so?

Did he let 5 past him? how many in previous games? I have touched upon the whole team in another thread! 

24 minutes ago, Ian said:

Tbf, Dawson did kind of set the tone with a clanger for the first.

And made 1 save all day.

Even Pelupessy managed 3 tackles.

Im a fan of Dawson. I think he's a decent keeper and better then Wildsmith but by eck he needs taking out the firing line ..

The more he's selected behind this shoddy defense and midfield structure and with many fans already on his case regardless of whether he makes an error or not, the knives are already out and the kids confidence gets shot to shìt. Hasn't proved he's a player to come back the game after so needs a break for Wildsmith ...

Any manager worth their salt would have taken action already ..

But then this is symptomatic of our current shambolic and embarrassing form, breaking tactics, questionable half hearted efforts with each game and complete inability to see games out ...

What the actual fück is going off with our club ....

39 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Tbf, Dawson did kind of set the tone with a clanger for the first.

And made 1 save all day.

Even Pelupessy managed 3 tackles.

He made at least 2 that I can think of.....which is 2 more than corners that beat the first man without going out for a throw at the opposite side

Edited by Ian

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

He made at least 2 that I can think of.....which is 2 more than corners that beat the first man without going out for a throw at the opposite side

The stats say they had 6 shots on target, 5 went in so unless he is saving shots that aren't on target to get his stats up.......

Not sure why you keep defending him. Yes there are others that are also playing poorly but that doesn't detract from the fact he needs dropping, everyone else has been dropped at some stage.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The stats say they had 6 shots on target, 5 went in so unless he is saving shots that aren't on target to get his stats up.......

Not sure why you keep defending him. Yes there are others that are also playing poorly but that doesn't detract from the fact he needs dropping, everyone else has been dropped at some stage.

The one he saved was the one with his feet

You could potentially count that long range effort that bounced into his hands

And then I’m struggling...

2 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Wildsmith was excellent against Man City pulled off some class saves. 

Don't understand why he's not being given a chance given Dawson poor form and Westwood frozen out. 

I have had some sympathy for Monk but this is rank bad management. 

Dawson was on a hiding to nothing today. Any mistake would have been magnified after a half decent performance from Wildsmith.

He’s not far of finished here now.

Terrible management. 

Edited by kingsidney

Just now, kingsidney said:

Dawson was on a hiding to nothing today. Any mistake would have been magnified after a half decent performance from Wildsmith.

Terrible management. 

I get that and he's not getting much protection and why not give the lad a break.

It can't be doing his confidence any good.

Starting to think Monk is pig headed and stubborn with no concern for the consequences.

Today was the perfect opportunity to take him out of the firing line.

Put in Wildsmith after Wednesday and take it from there.

Unfortunately, Dawson's number must have come out of the tombola Monk uses to pick the side.

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Dawson has been ruined by Monk.

Dawson looked promising as Westwood’s understudy, got talked up, promoted ahead of his time, wasn’t all that, and turned into a pile of crap.

he’s 25 soon.

all this seems to be proving is that he can’t yet cut it at this level on a consistent basis.

i think he has the talent, not sure he has the mentality

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I get that and he's not getting much protection and why not give the lad a break.

It can't be doing his confidence any good.

Starting to think Monk is pig headed and stubborn with no concern for the consequences.

it’s not like he’s being peppered with shots like Wildsmith was

he is conceding 60-90% of shots on target every game