8 hours ago, Ian said:

Interesting that because according to most on here the primary job of a keeper is to set up attacks with his feet

Also there’s shots and there’s shots......snap shots with defenders putting pressure on is one thing.....having all the time in the world to pick your spot whilst defenders look on without a care in the world is another 

Unfortunately for you your credibility on this is shot to pieces by your refusal to say who you think should start the next game...because you haven’t seen them train.

And anyway, some of the shots JW saved were much easier than the pea rollers Dawson has conceded

Edited by McRightSide

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I’ve heard people say on here Dawson is a good shot stopper. Some of the recent games:

Brentford 6 shots on target, 5 goals conceded
Derby 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Birmingham 4 shots on target, 3 goals conceded

Reading 5 shots on target, 3 goals conceded 

Wigan 5 shots on target, 2 goals conceded 

Blackburn 9 shots on target, 5 goals conceded

Compare that to Wildsmith on Wednesday night where Man City had 9 shots on target and we only conceded once.

A keeper’s primary job is saving the ball when it’s going in the goal and Dawson is not doing very well at that.

I’m not sure Wildsmith is the answer either but he has to be given a run in the team if Westwood remains banished 

Pretty much this.

Not sure if it’s confidence related, but his agility and reactions seem to have dramatically degraded.

Throw in the mistakes and it’s a recipe for disaster

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’ve said from the minute Westwood was dropped that Dawson wasn’t good enough and I got hammered on here. Funny how everyone is now seeing exactly the same thing...(not a criticism of you by the way)

You were spot on some of us have been blind but now we see clearly lol

love it how the people who think he can do no wrong call him a kid.. he's nearly 25.. you only have to look down the road to see a kid in net and how a decent keeper performs..

just way out of his depth, he'll make a league 2 keeper probably by the time he comes of age.. around 55 some on here think.

times up, the people who can see through him are blue in the face telling you all and there's only the real seals still defending him now.

We need to get Westwood back in. I'm not bothered if he's an uber two hat. 

Wildsmith is not the answer. He didn't have a good game against City - he cost us the game as he should have saved their goal.

The is only one answer to this problem-Pick KW or we will get relegated

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

he’s 25 soon.

all this seems to be proving is that he can’t yet cut it at this level on a consistent basis.

i think he has the talent, not sure he has the mentality

You would think he was 18 if you took notice of the posts on here 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We need to get Westwood back in. I'm not bothered if he's an uber two hat. 

Wildsmith is not the answer. He didn't have a good game against City - he cost us the game as he should have saved their goal.

The is only one answer to this problem-Pick KW or we will get relegated

He'll be back in net against forest, arrogantly swanning around as if he's on a ten game clean sheet run, you can bank on it.

6 minutes ago, sam1 said:

He'll be back in net against forest, arrogantly swanning around as if he's on a ten game clean sheet run, you can bank on it.

Good. 

I mean Plymouth re signed that keeper that killed them kids

United Ched Evans

Oldham etc Lee Hughes

Yet we're taking the moral highground against a player because he's allegedly "not very nice"!

Ederson is the answer...if only we can find £80m down the side of the sofa we could have keeping masterclasses like he’s delivered in today’s Derby.....who needs a keeper coming through the academy saving penalties at the Lane in a clean sheet when we could have that for only £80m