3 minutes ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Seriously? Not good enough! 

Let's face facts MONK needs to go!

Pack ya bags and plss off!

I'll await people suggesting that he could do nothing but palm that into the middle of the area... 

Wildsmith if not Westwood needs to come in.

• Like 1

Blame the thick cockney prat who decided to play him.

Dawson is in poor form.

We get Wildsmith in who has a good game, and then he puts Dawson back in.

Monk is totally stupid and is ruining Dawson by continually playing him just because he's decided that he isn't playing Westwood no matter what, and he only wants to give Wildsmith token games.

Monk is the issue, not Dawson.

People have been calling it for a long time yet our manager can't or won't see it!!!!!

Yet still some of our fans want to let Monk build for next season in what could be the most defining season in recent history given the amount of players out of contract and a possible points deduction.

Never disliked a Wednesday player but Dawson is summer else. Please please stop playing him!!

Edited by Guest

That's 3-0 what's it going to take? Drop him instantly! And we really need a young up coming manager with fresh ideas clear out the dead wood sell on Iorfa to the highest bidder start again with hungry players wafer to win and please get pace in the team!!!!!!

Guest samowl

Dawson was/is never good enough. He plays every game as if it's his debut. No wonder our back four are a nervous wreck. I never got my head round why Jos made him number one. Strange decision IMO

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He was a turning into late era big Kev Pressmann.

His dive is over the ball.

p.s. He is lucky to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kevin who was a very good keeper at his peak.

I remember my dad observing this about Pressman. Broke my heart to realise he was right. 

For Dawson to have fallen in the same way in less than a year tells me his self-belief is utterly shot. 

Dawson needs taking out of the firing line, just as he did towards the end of Luhukay's reign.

But Monk, just like Luhukay before him, had made the questionable step of not just dropping Westwood for Dawson, but actually excluding Westwood for Dawson. Both managers played themselves ridiculously into a situation that made it difficult to just naturally rest Dawson.

And though Wildsmith's shot-stopping is good enough, his command of his area is still highly suspect.

Westwood isn't going to be part of the longer term future of the club, but we can resolve that in the summer; for now though, we need him badly back in the side. He's got certain leadership qualities that count for something at times like this.