Serious Question: What would the reaction be if a current SWFC player came out?

Guest Ferkorf
8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Exactly my point.

It’s apparently funny to call people gay.

I also suspect - just my opinion - that it was referring to the fact that our current team isn’t very good...almost as if gay people aren’t very good at football.

And in a thread about what would happen if a player of ours came out...

Firstly I'll address that bit you have just made up because you are clearly batsh1t crazy.

I never said the word gay or that gay footballers are worse footballers etc

Clearly an under lying mental health issue or you are upset thinking I made a joke about your kind?

I never made a joke either.

Its 2020 not 1990 its ok to be gay hence I'd be surprised if any of them were straight and hadn't dabbled in a bit of male shenanigans with the money, glitz and glam.

But whilst I am at it, our players aren't very good at football no matter what their sexual orientation.

If they are all straight maybe we need some gay fellas if they are anything like my gay friends they would certainly spark a bit of life into the dressing room

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Firstly I'll address that bit you have just made up because you are clearly batsh1t crazy.

I never said the word gay or that gay footballers are worse footballers etc

Clearly an under lying mental health issue or you are upset thinking I made a joke about your kind?

I never made a joke either.

Its 2020 not 1990 its ok to be gay hence I'd be surprised if any of them were straight and hadn't dabbled in a bit of male shenanigans with the money, glitz and glam.

But whilst I am at it, our players aren't very good at football no matter what their sexual orientation.

If they are all straight maybe we need some gay fellas if they are anything like my gay friends they would certainly spark a bit of life into the dressing room

My friend is gay.

Classic.

Maybe I misunderstood the joke. Could you explain it?

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Of course...here’s the next person putting the right to choose who and what they joke about above discrimination.

Be a poppet and just highlight how this is discrimination as the owlstalk SJW.

You sound like one of those eternally outraged people who manufacture oppression out of thin air.

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Be a poppet and just highlight how this is discrimination as the owlstalk SJW.

You sound like one of those eternally outraged people who manufacture oppression out of thin air.

Sorry that you are offended by my belief that someone being gay doesn’t mean you can automatically joke about them.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Explain the joke then.

You already have. Or reading did

Cant remember.

I’m not homophobic, racist or sexist but I reserve the right to laugh at a joke at anyone’s expense if I find it funny. 

Just now, sweetsheri said:

You already have. Or reading did

Cant remember.

I’m not homophobic, racist or sexist but I reserve the right to laugh at a joke at anyone’s expense if I find it funny. 

If you find racist jokes funny, then you are by default, racist.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

If you find racism funny, then you are by default, racist.

Ok then

along with millions of others 

I thought max and paddy was hilarious. I just be a racist 

Am I a  Dwarfist because I laughed at Phoenix nights? 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, McRightSide said:

If you find racist jokes funny, then you are by default, racist.

Thing is, nearly all comedy has an element of taking the p*ss out of someone’s characteristics. Lots of comedians are gay/black/brown/yellow/disabled and actively make fun of themselves in a racist or homophobic way and most people can find that funny

As long as it’s not targeted at someone personally and it’s not abusive then there’s not much wrong with that. Would be boring if you couldn’t have a laugh about anything 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

it’s 2020

Anyone who still believes that being gay is a problem is the real problem

not sure if I’m missing your point here, but...

I’ve seen gay people walk down the street holding hands and get abused regularly

Every time we play Brighton, there’s homophobic jokes here on your very site 

Gay people are marginalised in many places because they’re different

I’m not sure that society accepts gay people like straight people are accepted...to me, that still represents a societal problem.

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Sorry that you are offended by my belief that someone being gay doesn’t mean you can automatically joke about them.

I'd be genuinely surprised if a lot of them wasn't gay.

Its 2020. Its clearly you that has a problem with it.

Again yes I do have gay friends its allowed isn't it?

As for making a joke,

I've been ginger since birth and was getting the jokes aimed at me before I was out of nappies, that gives me a right to take the pi55 out of anyone I want as I've suffered longer than anyone who is bisexual, transsexual, straight, fat or coloured. I'm bald now though so not sure if that still counts

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, nearly all comedy has an element of taking the p*ss out of someone’s characteristics. Lots of comedians are gay/black/brown/yellow/disabled and actively make fun of themselves in a racist or homophobic way and most people can find that funny

As long as it’s not targeted at someone personally and it’s not abusive then there’s not much wrong with that. Would be boring if you couldn’t have a laugh about anything 

My point was that it took only a couple of replies for someone to crack a homophobic joke in a thread like this...so how would it go in the stands / on here if a player game out as gay?

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Who's gay? Did someone come out?

My point is you, yes you, are manufacturing outrage over fiction.

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I'd be genuinely surprised if a lot of them wasn't gay.

Its 2020. Its clearly you that has a problem with it.

Again yes I do have gay friends its allowed isn't it?

As for making a joke,

I've been ginger since birth and was getting the jokes aimed at me before I was out of nappies, that gives me a right to take the pi55 out of anyone I want as I've suffered longer than anyone who is bisexual, transsexual, straight, fat or coloured. I'm bald now though so not sure if that still counts

As long as you have ginger hair somewhere you can still claim it I reckon.