Serious Question: What would the reaction be if a current SWFC player came out?

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You've been up all night haven't you.

A lot of tongue in cheek comments there, many of which people of any sexual orientation would laugh along with.

Oh right, that makes it ok then.

Lets throw out some racist jokes that are tongue in cheek too

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why can’t gay people do any of those ‘fabricated scenarios’?

They can....

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Jeeeeeees.

You had a bad week at work?

Pretty obvious how it will go:

majority - don’t care, rather focus on football news, if anything muted support

twitter weirdos - usually garbage abuse

media - make it huge story, including special programs and all round over the top. Complete overkill. Questions if fans treat player differently now, and all round Sh stirring 

player - Wished nothing was mentioned as hates the attention and will always go down in history for reasons other than football ability 

Guest Ferkorf
55 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So...to answer the question of what would a reaction be if a SWFC player came out...

But yet, I’m the problem.

Been silent 12hrs thought you had gotten over it but clearly not.

Yes you are the problem tagging me in with derogatory comments after I sqauashed your arguement last night and gave my views.

Grow up and get over it

5 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Been silent 12hrs thought you had gotten over it but clearly not.

Yes you are the problem tagging me in with derogatory comments after I sqauashed your arguement last night and gave my views.

Grow up and get over it

It’s called sleeping.

You do realize that some of the derogatory comments were yours, right? 

Edit: thanks also for agreeing that there would be derogatory comments made to a player who came out

Edited by McRightSide

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s called sleeping.

Edit: thanks also for agreeing that there would be derogatory comments made to a player who came out

*realise 

53 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The fact you are getting worked up just shows me you hold people to different standards and expect different groups to be treated differently. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I think you need to learn how punctuation works.

Do you not hold hands or kiss or hug your partner in public?

Why can’t gay people do any of those ‘fabricated scenarios’?

Seems like it would make you uncomfortable and they should do it in the privacy of their own home so as not to offend you.

ALERT ALERT grammar and punctuation police are operating in your area. Read your comment again and wonder to yourself how things could be interpreted

Do you think a footballer walking down the street holding hands with a man, kissing another man and having sex with another man would be allowed to just ‘quietly get on with it’?

You are the only person to mention sex. You have reached the point where you are putting words in peoples mouths and taking things entirely out of context instead of recognising the intended point.

You are clearly not going to drop this so here is my last comment. I treat everyone the same regardless of colour, creed or sexuality. Most people commenting on this thread are the same and apply a modicum of common sense to all subjects

You obviously feel strongly on this subject. If you want to see discrimination everywhere then don't expect people to agree with you on everything, especially in this age of identity politics and all the dirty games that come with that.

Let me just remind you to apply your standards to yourself. There's been plenty of dogs abuse you've given to our players, our manager and our owner recently. You are not without fault sunshine. It might serve you well to remember this before you post your next criticism.

Guest Ferkorf
11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s called sleeping.

I haven't agreed with anything, you weren't asleep you were still replying to the posts. Now your just dragging me back into it.

I made no comments of the sort.

Like I said originally you have some serious issues about this.

Nobody else has a problem with it,

No one else has a problem with anyone who chooses to be gay straight or triangle.

I really don't get it, its 2020 being openly gay is common as muck. Its just irrelevant. No one bats an eyelid anymore.

Theres a transsexual that picks up his son from the same school my Daughter goes to. He wears his heels, nobody even cares including him. 

6 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The fact you are getting worked up just shows me you hold people to different standards and expect different groups to be treated differently. 

ALERT ALERT grammar and punctuation police are operating in your area. Read your comment again and wonder to yourself how things could be interpreted

Do you think a footballer walking down the street holding hands with a man, kissing another man and having sex with another man would be allowed to just ‘quietly get on with it’?

You are the only person to mention sex. You have reached the point where you are putting words in peoples mouths and taking things entirely out of context instead of recognising the intended point.

You are clearly not going to drop this so here is my last comment. I treat everyone the same regardless of colour, creed or sexuality. Most people commenting on this thread are the same and apply a modicum of common sense to all subjects

You obviously feel strongly on this subject. If you want to see discrimination everywhere then don't expect people to agree with you on everything, especially in this age of identity politics and all the dirty games that come with that.

Let me just remind you to apply your standards to yourself. There's been plenty of dogs abuse you've given to our players, our manager and our owner recently. You are not without fault sunshine. It might serve you well to remember this before you post your next criticism.

*as long as it’s behind closed doors

13 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

It's a very sensitive subject I for one am not homophobic before anyone starts. I have an openly gay uncle who I'm very proud of I say some right things to him he says some vulgar things to me too we have so much of a laugh its untrue. Personally he says to me if he gets hurt buy gay comments then its abit hypocritical he can laugh at straight jokes. So why not other way round hes proud of who he is and isn't embarrassed about it and it annoys him that as soon as someone reacts to a slight joke in the wrong way he wants to slap them tell them to get a grip. Be proud of who your are end of. If your offended by the jokes then surely your embarrassed who you are. 

He sees a joke a harmless joke as a simple way of a straight man accepting it.

Now hateful jobs like your vile disgusting etc blah blah he disagrees with that hurts but c'mon a joke is a joke end of. Either laugh or dont. Dont call someone homophobic for having a joke otherwise be hypocritical and never laugh at another joke

Straight jokes?

😳

22 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I really don't get it, its 2020 being openly gay is common as muck. Its just irrelevant. No one bats an eyelid anymore.

Sadly, that is absolute testicles, particularly at a number of football grounds. 

Guest Ferkorf
10 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Sadly, that is absolute testicles, particularly at a number of football grounds. 

What football grounds?

I've never heard any homophobic chanting anywhere.

I have heard posh spice likes it up the ar$e chanted at Beckham but I guess thats acceptable because thats man on woman?

7 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

What football grounds?

I've never heard any homophobic chanting anywhere.

I have heard posh spice likes it up the ar$e chanted at Beckham but I guess thats acceptable because thats man on woman?

You’ve not heard any homophobic chantings because Wednesday don’t have any out gay players and Sheffield isn’t considered a particularly gay town. Ask any Brighton fan that travels regularly and they’ll give you a long list. As I said previously, the big city clubs tend to have more progressive fans (Leeds is an exception), but go somewhere like Turf Moor and it’ll be 90 mins of chants such as ‘town full of homos’, ‘does your boyfriend know you’re here?’ and ‘we can see you holding hands’ etc. 

Guest Ferkorf
7 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

You’ve not heard any homophobic chantings because Wednesday don’t have any out gay players and Sheffield isn’t considered a particularly gay town. 

Its a city but I'm sure you knew that so please take no offence and its as vibrant as any with its gay culture.

I'm sure many gay people would be scoffing at that comment.

Just because Brighton was the gay capital of the uk or england for a while doesnt mean its exclusive.

Using the Burnley fans as an example is just wrote off anyway as everyone knows they are morons

5 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Its a city but I'm sure you knew that so please take no offence and its as vibrant as any with its gay culture.

I'm sure many gay people would be scoffing at that comment.

Just because Brighton was the gay capital of the uk or england for a while doesnt mean its exclusive.

Using the Burnley fans as an example is just wrote off anyway as everyone knows they are morons

So why do you think that Brighton fans hear homophobic abuse all the time and Wednesday fans don’t then? Or do you think I’m making it up?

Burnley are just one example of many. 

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

So why do you think that Brighton fans hear homophobic abuse all the time and Wednesday fans don’t then? Or do you think I’m making it up?

Burnley are just one example of many. 

Then why are you coming on owlstalk with your complaints ?

Not the Efl?

This thread genuinely saddens me! Homophobic comments along with many other traits ending in "phobia" have been, in many peoples eyes been legitimatised post brexit! It is wrong to make jokes about it, it is wrong to partake in banter about it. This country is less tolerant than ever in my lifetime and there is no worse place to hear this awful crap than inside a football ground, Hillsborough included. This is the main reason I don't go to many games any more as I don't want to pay to listen to far right neanderthals spout garbage fo 90 mins, you know who you are! You sicken me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Buzz said:

This thread genuinely saddens me! Homophobic comments along with many other traits ending in "phobia" have been, in many peoples eyes been legitimatised post brexit! It is wrong to make jokes about it, it is wrong to partake in banter about it. This country is less tolerant than ever in my lifetime and there is no worse place to hear this awful crap than inside a football ground, Hillsborough included. This is the main reason I don't go to many games any more as I don't want to pay to listen to far right neanderthals spout garbage fo 90 mins, you know who you are! You sicken me 

Apparently it’s ok if it’s funny.